• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
The American South.

He's from Iowa :p

Okay, so, I had a few friends that were at a gay bar in Chicago a few weeks ago. And Aaron Schock is there. What's the point of even hiding it at this point? Granted, apparently he was in some more closed off, VIP section, but still. He's an entirely unremarkable congressman with no national ambitions. This could at least bolster his national profile.

Snake

He's from Iowa :p

Okay, so, I had a few friends that were at a gay bar in Chicago a few weeks ago. And Aaron Schock is there. What's the point of even hiding it at this point? Granted, apparently he was in some more closed off, VIP section, but still. He's an entirely unremarkable congressman with no national ambitions. This could at least bolster his national profile.

I don't know enough about his district to guess how much of a liability that would be, but I wouldn't be Schocked if he came out sometime after the 2014 elections. I'd wager that the 2016 electorate is going to be so pro-gay rights that it might even benefit him at that point.

ivysaur12

Banned
I don't know enough about his district to guess how much of a liability that would be, but I wouldn't be Schocked if he came out sometime after the 2014 elections. I'd wager that the 2016 electorate is going to be so pro-gay rights that it might even benefit him at that point.

R+10 that went for McCain over Obama by 50-48%. He won reelection by 74.2% in 2012.

But dude, if you're gonna be in the closet, commit.

aaron-schock-picnic-belt-photo.jpg

I live in DC, you see and interact with a lot of politicians and media types. Its amazingly weird to see these people outside their press appearances. They're actually kinda normal.

ivysaur12

Banned
I live in DC, you see and interact with a lot of politicians and media types. Its amazingly weird to see these people outside their press appearances. They're actually kinda normal.

Sorry, I should have phrased that better: Aaron Schock is a rather unremarkable Republican who is best known for his turn on the cover of Men's Fitness who is a closeted gay that goes to Chicago gay bars. I just would have expected him to commit to the closet more fully.

I mean:

Sorry, I should have phrased that better: Aaron Schock is a rather unremarkable Republican who is best known for his turn on the cover of Men's Fitness who is a closeted gay that goes to Chicago gay bars. I just would have expected him to commit to the closet more fully.

I mean:

I know I was just relating my experiences, politicians do a lot of things when they're out of the limelight I'd expect them not to do.

These people cannot even read the English language.

OMG your avatar.

moronic response by that person. the question asks if the respondent or someone living with the respondent works for the gov't.

If 8% of people work for the gov't, the odds of 1 of 2 people in the household work for the gov't is higher than 8%. In fact, it's almost 15.5% under that scenario.

If the average household has 2.3 adult age people, it gets closer to 20%.

East Lake

I mean:

Cool outfit.

Holy fuck, the Indiana GOP is fucking evil. EVIL.

WASHINGTON — When Indiana decided last year not to run its own health exchange under Obamacare, Gov. Mike Pence said it was because the move would cost the state too much money without providing enough benefits.

The state revealed for the first time in a lawsuit filed this week that it also assumed that by opting for the federal health exchange that Hoosiers would not receive the federal tax credits designed to help needy people afford health insurance.

That, in turn, would prevent large employers in the state from being penalized under the health-care law for not providing insurance to workers, the lawsuit argues.

The lawsuit was filed Tuesday by Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller. He said he teamed up with 15 school corporations to argue that the ­Internal Revenue Service lacks authority to penalize the state and other Indiana employers for not offering coverage to anyone working at least 30 hours a week. The threat of the penalties is causing the state and schools to cut the hours of some employees because they can’t afford to pay for their health insurance, Zoeller said.

The suit attacks a part of the law that some have described as sloppy wording but that critics say was intentionally written so tax credits would be available only in states that run their own exchanges. Although lawmakers expected most states would want to run the exchanges — because states regulate their own insurance markets — most states decided not to.
http://www.indystar.com/article/20131010/NEWS05/310100086

They are literally suing to stop Indiana residents from getting subsidies from the federal exchange because they opted out of running it themselves.

Holy.

Fucking.

Fuck.

Holy fuck, the Indiana GOP is fucking evil. EVIL.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20131010/NEWS05/310100086

They are literally suing to stop Indiana residents from getting subsidies from the federal exchange because they opted out of running it themselves.

Holy.

Fucking.

Fuck.

wtf...

I know it would hurt people, but I'm really starting to think some states just shouldn't have access to the exchanges. Indiana and Texas especially, given just how obstructionist their governments have been. They're actively trying to ruin the law.

rodvik

If I were a closeted Republican congressman, that would not be my outfit of choice.

But yeah, the pants and belt are nice if you can pull them off.

I just asked my wife if I could pull it off. She did a "praise jesus" kind of arm wave thing, corrected me the belt is Aqua and is happy I have an interest in fashion. I am gonna go for it. For the first time ever a Republican may have a positive effect on my life :)

Grakl

schock has the gay face

if he's actually gay it's pretty sad he's gone the route he has with his voting record; I never understood why any gay person would ever be republican

Wilsongt

schock has the gay face

if he's actually gay it's pretty sad he's gone the route he has with his voting record; I never understood why any gay person would ever be republican
I've met a couple of Log Cabins... They're... odd to say the least. They say they are fiscally conservative and wish to have an inclusive Republican party, yet they continue to vote against their better interests, like the poor.

ivysaur12

Banned
I've met a couple of Log Cabins... They're... odd to say the least. They say they are fiscally conservative and wish to have an inclusive Republican party, yet they continue to vote against their better interests, like the poor.

Marc Cherry, who created Desperate Housewives, is a super gay and one of the biggest donators to the Republican party in Southern California. He just likes his money.

Grakl

yup, I've met them as well. articulating to them that republicans won't take their social interests to heart doesn't ever work though

Jooney

yup, I've met them as well. articulating to them that republicans won't take their social interests to heart doesn't ever work though

I'm guessing that they don't see their sexuality as the defining characteristic of what determines their politics.

It reminds me of this pertinent clip from The Newsroom.

WTF? Can't you people keep the government open while I banned? Sheesh.

;-)

Welcome back. As for the government, I swear that it was like that when I got here.

Grakl

I'm guessing that they don't see their sexuality as the defining characteristic of what determines their politics.

log cabin republicans do, though. at least, they claim they do - that's what they specifically lobby for

of course one aspect of a person's identity doesn't completely define him/her, but basic rights being denied because of that one aspect seems pretty important to me

You could say the same for black republicans and female republicans too. Unbelievable what these people think that their own party doesn't think too lowly of them behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom