• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

I just wonder . . . does he really believe stuff like that or does he spew it to rile up a particular fan base? It could be either way. Not sure which is 'better' or 'worse'.

At least Rush and the rest butter their bread with right wing hate and paranoia, I'm not sure what Trump gets out of it.

Budget passes the house.

Great california exchange numbers. 110k first 2 months and 50k first week of December.

Us Californians leading the country yet again.

The Next Bill Clinton™

Here are a few dots that are beginning to look suspiciously connected:

Last summer, the Mayor Mark Sokolich of Fort Lee, N.J., was expected to follow a lot of other mayors in the state by endorsing Republican Gov. Chris Christie in his easy run for re-election. Mr. Sokolich, a Democrat, refused.

A short time later, two of Fort Lee’s three access lanes to the George Washington Bridge were mysteriously shut down. The traffic jam was horrendous. Short trips — it was the first day of school — took as long as four hours. The town of Fort Lee was a parking lot.

Mr. Sokolich suspected that there might be a connection between his failure to support the governor and his town’s sudden traffic nightmare. Mr. Christie appoints key members of the board for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which controls the routes to the G.W., the busiest bridge in the world.

At a hearing Monday in Trenton, witnesses testified that a close friend of Mr. Christie’s who works for the Port Authority ordered the lanes closed. Bridge workers were told it was part of a traffic study. And they were also told to keep quiet about it.

Five days later Patrick Foye, the Port Authority executive director (appointed by New York’s Governor Andrew Cuomo), learned about the “traffic study.” He was reportedly outraged, since there was no such thing, and he ordered the lanes re-opened.​

I know this is old, but it's starting to get traction.

The Next Bill Clinton™

Here are a few dots that are beginning to look suspiciously connected:

Last summer, the Mayor Mark Sokolich of Fort Lee, N.J., was expected to follow a lot of other mayors in the state by endorsing Republican Gov. Chris Christie in his easy run for re-election. Mr. Sokolich, a Democrat, refused.

A short time later, two of Fort Lee’s three access lanes to the George Washington Bridge were mysteriously shut down. The traffic jam was horrendous. Short trips — it was the first day of school — took as long as four hours. The town of Fort Lee was a parking lot.

Mr. Sokolich suspected that there might be a connection between his failure to support the governor and his town’s sudden traffic nightmare. Mr. Christie appoints key members of the board for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which controls the routes to the G.W., the busiest bridge in the world.

At a hearing Monday in Trenton, witnesses testified that a close friend of Mr. Christie’s who works for the Port Authority ordered the lanes closed. Bridge workers were told it was part of a traffic study. And they were also told to keep quiet about it.

Five days later Patrick Foye, the Port Authority executive director (appointed by New York’s Governor Andrew Cuomo), learned about the “traffic study.” He was reportedly outraged, since there was no such thing, and he ordered the lanes re-opened.​

I know this is old, but it's starting to get traction.
I imagine there's more of this kinda of dealing in his past.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow. Sean Hannity just cited Wii-U numbers to show how Obama's policies are damaging the economy.

Wow. Sean Hannity just cited Wii-U numbers to show how Obama's policies are damaging the economy.

Clinton's economy killed the dreamcast :(

I care more about the vita though.... Its not doing well but it seems to have support, at least from indies. The ps3 and ps4 indies are saving it. I wish there were more console game ports though (<- why i don't post on gaming side, my opinions are not welcomed over there)

Karakand

I care more about the vita though.... Its not doing well but it seems to have support, at least from indies. The ps3 and ps4 indies are saving it. I wish there were more console game ports though (<- why i don't post on gaming side, my opinions are not welcomed over there)

Clinton lied, institutionalized sexual harassment survived.

Shahid lied, Vita died.

If anything it's the Republicans fault, they've created a world where guns are more fun than Mario

In case anyone can't tell I'm joking
Did anyone read the AP CIA/Iran story?
The CIA lost an asset to Iran without even knowing he was an asset...

Real life James bond stuff. Would make a thread if I wasnt on my phone

This and the NSA stories shows how post 9/11 lifting of oversight have really not lead to better intelligence and have often lead to more problems (I should caveat that I don't know much about post church pre9/11 intelligence).

They need to bring out the Vita TV in the West, i think it'll do good here.

I've heard argument that 9/11 killed the DC

Chichikov

why i don't post on gaming side, my opinions are not welcomed over there.
Oh, and you think your opinion are welcomed here?
You came to the wrong neighborhood, this is Ouya territory.

Anyway, something something, Bayonetta 2 will save the Wii-U.
And by save, I mean I'll probably have to go and buy one against my better judgment.

Wii U, released under Obomba, is a major failure. Wii, released under Bush, was a major success.

It's no wonder Nintendo fans are conservative.

Wasn't there a graphic depicting the political slants of the then three consoles, Wii, 360, and PS3, and weren't Wii fans the most liberal?

Chichikov

Did anyone read the AP CIA/Iran story?
The CIA lost an asset to Iran without even knowing he was an asset...

Real life James bond stuff. Would make a thread if I wasnt on my phone

This and the NSA stories shows how post 9/11 lifting of oversight have really not lead to better intelligence and have often lead to more problems (I should caveat that I don't know much about post church pre9/11 intelligence).
The CIA was getting pissed that the NSA is getting all their fucking-up glory.
And the CIA was fucking up and undermining American interests since before Osama Bin Laden was born.

Edit: yeah, someone should probably make a thread about it.
Story here -
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/missing-american-iran-was-working-cia

Wasn't there a graphic depicting the political slants of the then three consoles, Wii, 360, and PS3, and weren't Wii fans the most liberal?
Of the three companies I'm most aligned with Nintendo (former Sega fanboy) and I'm pretty liberal, so I'd believe it.

There's enough about each company that you could probably contort their policies to be liberal or conservative.

Incidentally I think Reggie is an Obama supporter.

Chichikov

That CIA/Iran story is crazy.
For real, fuck the CIA, I don't like what the NSA is doing, but there is at least a level of competence there.
The CIA?
What the fuck do they even have to show for?
Their biggest "successes" (Iran, Chile) have ended up undermining american interests, they got bitchslapped by the KGB throughout the cold war and got the US into a bunch of stupid ass unnecessarily wars because they didn't understand the world, oh, and they were caught by surprise by pretty much every big geopolitical change.

Fuck that shit, burn it to the ground and start from scratch, maybe this time you should get some people who know what the fuck they're doing instead of a bunch of ivy league liberal arts grads.

Of the three companies I'm most aligned with Nintendo (former Sega fanboy) and I'm pretty liberal, so I'd believe it.

There's enough about each company that you could probably contort their policies to be liberal or conservative.

Incidentally I think Reggie is an Obama supporter.

not white, that's easy pickings :p

also haha the mock NPD stuff was hilarious, much better than the non-stories in the past few pages

ENROLLED. Gold tier Blue Cross HMO for $606 for husband/wife age 32 (No premium assistance applied for). (Well, still have to pay my first premium, but whatevs). Very happy considering our meh Kaiser plan was 450ish just for me (her part was paid for by her work, she's planning to quit mid January)

ENJOY SUBSIDIZING THIS CANCER SURVIVOR'S HEALTHCARE, SUCKERS!!!!

ENROLLED. Gold tier Blue Cross HMO for $606 for husband/wife age 32. (Well, still have to pay my first premium, but wharves). Very happy considering our meh Kaiser plan was 450ish just for me (her part was paid for by her work, she's planning to quit mid January)

Congrats on beating cancer; that's awesome :) Hope the new plan works out for ya.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
thief! figures for an obamaphile

the link or vine?

The link.
Maybe the vine too. Haven't decided. :p

Though I'm curious. Does politifact do two different "Lie of the Year" type awards, one decided by the Politifact staff and another decided by readers? Cause it seems that this one was selected by a poll of readers, not Politifact themselves.

Congrats on beating cancer; that's awesome :) Hope the new plan works out for ya.

It's literally one of the best things to ever happen to me. (the plan, that is. Beating the testicular cancer too, but that was WAY easier than fucking insurance bullshit. I can now work for myself and build my business without wasting my time needing an employer to deem me worthy enough to insure)

The link.
Maybe the vine too. Haven't decided. :p

Though I'm curious. Does politifact do two different "Lie of the Year" type awards, one decided by the Politifact staff and another decided by readers? Cause it seems that this one was selected by a poll of readers, not Politifact themselves.

You'll be happy to know the american people agree with Politifact

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/dec/12/lie-year-readers-poll-results-2013/
I'm still confused how a statement from 2010 could be the lie of 2013

It's literally one of the best things to ever happen to me. (the plan, that is. Beating the testicular cancer too, but that was WAY easier than fucking insurance bullshit. I can now work for myself and build my business without wasting my time needing an employer to deem me worthy enough to insure)

Awesome! :) Glad to here the good news. Hope we can continue to make it easier for your to build a business without worrying about health care.

It's literally one of the best things to ever happen to me. (the plan, that is. Beating the testicular cancer too, but that was WAY easier than fucking insurance bullshit. I can now work for myself and build my business without needing an employer to deem me worth enough to insure)

Yeah, one of the worst things about tying insurance to employment is that it really discourages entrepreneurship and small businesses.

ENROLLED. Gold tier Blue Cross HMO for $606 for husband/wife age 32 (No premium assistance applied for). (Well, still have to pay my first premium, but wharves). Very happy considering our meh Kaiser plan was 450ish just for me (her part was paid for by her work, she's planning to quit mid January)

Congrats, man.

GhaleonEB

ENROLLED. Gold tier Blue Cross HMO for $606 for husband/wife age 32 (No premium assistance applied for). (Well, still have to pay my first premium, but whatevs). Very happy considering our meh Kaiser plan was 450ish just for me (her part was paid for by her work, she's planning to quit mid January)

Gladly! Congrats.

Why is it that when one faction of House Rs get together to pass a bill, the other seems determined to fuck it up? Senate Republicans are determined to make Harry Reid get sixty votes for the budget bill.

Wilsongt

Megyn Kelly is going to bring up the Santa/Jesus is white thing again on her show tonight. The spin here is going to be interesting.

KingGondo

Banned
Megyn Kelly is going to bring up the Santa/Jesus is white thing again on her show tonight. The spin here is going to be interesting.
She's going to double down.

I was playing the clip in my office yesterday for :lols, and my coworker was nodding in agreement (mainly about the Santa/political correctness argument).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom