• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's on my "To Read" list.

Worth it.

I'm not really a big fan of washington bashing and don't agree with his thesis (Washington and politics has always worked this way) but its great to taking the piss out of some of the craziness of This Town. Especially funny when you know the people mentioned or know people just like them. When I finish I'll post some of the best bits.

Some funny stuff about Reid considering what's been going these past few weeks.

someone called it.

needs an autopsy

It really bothered me that even Jon Stewart was using that talking point. You would think he'd know better.

Jon isn't a wonk. He reads talking points.

pigeon

Banned
Hmm. Can somebody verify something for me?

da bill said:
13 (b) CERTIFICATION.—Not later than 3 days after the
14 date of enactment of this Act, the President may submit
15 to Congress a written certification that absent a suspen-
16 sion of the limit under section 3101(b) of title 31, United
17 States Code, the Secretary of the Treasury would be un-
18 able to issue debt to meet existing commitments.
19 (c) SUSPENSION.—
20 (1) IN GENERAL.—Section 3101(b) of title 31,
21 United States Code, shall not apply for the period
22 beginning on the date on which the President sub-
23 mits to Congress a certification under subsection (b)
24 and ending on February 7, 2014.

I must be crazy. Does this document not say that the debt limit isn't actually raised until the President requests the limit, which he can't do for three days? So it won't actually raise borrowing authority until Saturday?

Costa notes how calm things are on the republican side of the hill. None of the chaos many expected, or anti-Boehner movement. Drudge's front page story is from the National Review, saying Boehner was met with a standing ovation after telling his caucus the line myself and others assumed he'd use: "we found the good fight, we did our best, but we didn't win."

Wow, seems like he just may have solidified himself with his caucus. Now they're debating what to do in 2014: more obstruction, or getting shit done. I'm assuming they'll start passing bills due to the election being that year. Whether those bills are meant for Obama to actually sign remains to be seen.

Just tuned into the NJ Gov debate. First thing I heard was Christie owning the medicaid expansion. "Immensely proud of that record"

It's a shame he's going to be reelected.

I've been on campus all day so I didn't get a chance nor will I have the chance to vote in the senate election today. Polls close at 8 and I'm stuck in class till 9 :\

SEC. 123. Section 3(a)(6) of Public Law 100–676 is
2 amended by striking both occurrences of ‘‘$775,000,000’’
3 and inserting in lieu thereof, ‘‘$2,918,000,000’’.
http://www.senateconservatives.com/site/post/2312/mcconnell-deal-includes-kentucky-kickback

I can't spell or proofread :(
It's a shame he's going to be reelected.

I've been on campus all day so I didn't get a chance nor will I have the chance to vote in the senate election today. Polls close at 8 and I'm stuck in class till 9 :\
TBH worst comes to worst I wouldn't mind a Christie presidency if we have a democratic house and senate. I'd prefer a democratic president but he'd at least work with the other party.

bonercop

Costa notes how calm things are on the republican side of the hill. None of the chaos many expected, or anti-Boehner movement. Drudge's front page story is from the National Review, saying Boehner was met with a standing ovation after telling his caucus the line myself and others assumed he'd use: "we found the good fight, we did our best, but we didn't win."

Wow, seems like he just may have solidified himself with his caucus. Now they're debating what to do in 2014: more obstruction, or getting shit done. I'm assuming they'll start passing bills due to the election being that year. Whether those bills are meant for Obama to actually sign remains to be seen.

sounds to me more like they're debating whether they should double-down on being ~true conservatives~ or win over moderates with some frank luntz bullshit. i don't think obstruction will ever be off the table until the cancer that is the religious right finally breaths it's last and fades into political irrelevance.

@EWErickson 9m
House Republicans should object to unanimous consent to move the Senate plan forward. FIGHT. cc: @SteveWorksForYou

troll-u-mad-gif.gif

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Time to get started on that 43rd attempt to repeal Obamacare.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bono picked 7/11 WTF

Serious. I'd pull a PD and vote for Christie, are there no good Dems in Jersey? Seriously Christie is a good candidate, politically.

Not at the moment. Plus the fact that he made Booker's race before the election is only going to help him more.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So what's up with that McConnell provision? Is it just for this instance or is it forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom