• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2014 |OT2| We need to be more like Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPsych

Ugh, Colorado. I moved here a year ago from crazy ass Texas to get away from the right wing psychopaths and it looks like the state is going red. Hickenlooper better be able to pull this off. I think Udall is probably a lost cause.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jesus, VA really does have a margin tight enough for Wolf Blitzer to shave his beard with.

Crist is closing the gap, he might have it depending on how the final 3% fall.

Tamanon

Banned
So, Scott Brown's next step is to run for office in another country right?

Has to be somewhere he can drive his truck to. Scott Brown, Costa Rica's Best Choice.

Has to be somewhere he can drive his truck to. Scott Brown, Costa Rica's Best Choice.
I think the road stops at the Darien Gap in Panama... Makes sense as a place for him to run, considering we colonized the place...

Wilsongt

Let's see how some of these ballot measures in states are doing, shall we?

Alabama:

Forbids state's recognition of laws violating its policies, including all foreign law.

13% reporting
Yes 57,932 72.3%
No 22,233 27.7%

Protects right to bear arms; requires strict scrutiny of any restriction on the right.

13% reporting
Yes 63,938 73.8%
No 22,664 26.2%

Colorado:

Amendment 67 - Personhood

Recognizes unborn children as persons in the Colorado Criminal Code and Colorado Wrongful Death Act.

41% reporting
No 612,791 63.4%
Yes 354,061 36.6%

Proposition 105 - Food Labeling

Mandates labeling of certain foodstuffs that contain genetically modified organisms.

41% reporting
No 671,806 68.9%
Yes 302,545 31.1%

Florida:

Grants the right to use marijuana for the treatment of certain ailments when recommended by a physician.

87% reporting
No 2,338,038 42.7%
Yes 3,139,781 57.3%

Georgia:

Amendment A - State Income Tax

Prohibits the state from increasing the maximum state income tax rate above that in effect on January 1, 2015.

39% reporting
Yes 792,731 75.1%
No 262,934 24.9%

Illinois:

Advisory Question 2 - Cover Contraception

Advises the legislature to require prescription birth control to be covered in prescription drug coverage health insurance plans.

12% reporting
Yes 213,546 60.5%
No 139,675 39.5%

Missouri:

Amendment 6 - Allow Early Vote

Establishes a six-day-long early voting period.

10% reporting
No 122,485 72.2%
Yes 47,266 27.8%

North Dakota:

Measure 1 - Right to Life

Declares in the state constitution that life begins at conception.

21% reporting
No 29,920 63.7%
Yes 17,060 36.3%

Tennesse (lol)

Amendment 1 - Abortion Regulation

Inserts constitutional language empowering the legislature to enact, amend or repeal statutes regarding abortion.

41% reporting
Yes 436,986 54.7%
No 362,163 45.3%

Amendment 3 - Income Tax Ban

Prohibits the legislature from levying or permitting any tax upon payroll or earned personal income.

40% reporting
Yes 506,127 66.9%
No 250,492 33.1%

HylianTom

Banned

I'm giggling at freepers concluding that NH's 4EVs are forever lost. They're blaming it on NH becoming "a suburb of Massachusetts."

Have fun, Florida.

Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy another 4 years of being a testground for the GOP's national policy proposals. Yaaaaaay tax cuts to infinity. :|

Jooney

I guess people down in Florida like party turncoat opportunists less than medicare fraudsters.

Also, looking forward to hearing why Scott Brown should be the next senator from the great state of Maine, of which he has deep ties. I heard he stopped there for gas this one time.

Averon

Cannot believe Scott got voted back in in Florida.

I better not hear Floridians whining about how terrible Scott is over the next 4 years.

Averon

Now I'm worried about Warner in VA.

Could we be seeing a 53-47 GOP Senate? If so, the Dems would have to run the tables in 2016 to regain a slim majority.

Now I'm worried about Warner in VA.

Could we be seeing a 53-47 GOP Senate? If so, the Dems would have to run the tables in 2016 to regain a slim majority.

Warner is down 7500 votes, but fairfax is only 70% in, and it's going to be the last one to report. There's a million people there, it's democratic, and he's currently winning it at 58%.

He'll take it in a walk but it'll be late.

Teggy

Coakley up with 60%+ reporting. Definitely not what I was expecting. I don't feel strongly about the race because Baker is so moderate, but I'd kind of be happy for Republicans not to be able to point to MA and say they even put a "conservative" there.

Gruco

Banned
What's the best case scenario for Democrats (Senate) at this point? Running the table on Alaska, Iowa, and Colorado, getting a runoff in LA?

Coakley up with 60%+ reporting. Definitely not what I was expecting. I don't feel strongly about the race because Baker is so moderate, but I'd kind of be happy for Republicans not to be able to point to MA and say they even put a "conservative" there.
I hope someone compares Coakley's totals with Brown's totals once the night is over.

What's the best case scenario for Democrats (Senate) at this point? Running the table on Alaska, Iowa, and Colorado, getting a runoff in LA?

Running the table on AK, IA, and KS, runoff in LA, a meteor landing in Colorado that somehow contains 100,000 votes for Udall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom