• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2014 |OT2| We need to be more like Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what dumb things will enough Democrat's support that Obama will have to sign? I'm thinking TPP, some sort of corporate tax reform that mysteriously only helps large corporations cut their taxes, a repeal of the medical device tax, maybe CPI.

Or, maybe Obama will give into his radical Ayers and burn this mofo down.

Gruco

Banned
Yeah I am really surprised to see Udall so unambiguously get the boot after a single term in a state like Colorado. He must have been an abysmal senator.

Assuming Orman caucuses with the GOP, it's already over.

edit: Yeah, NoVA plays the same game in literally every Virginia election. It always "looks bad" until the 11th hour. Nothing new here.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
TX had a really close governor race.

ibu6On2MK4b3z.gif

bananas

Banned
So, what dumb things will enough Democrat's support that Obama will have to sign? I'm thinking TPP, some sort of corporate tax reform that mysteriously only helps large corporations cut their taxes, a repeal of the medical device tax, maybe CPI.

Or, maybe Obama will give into his radical Ayers and burn this mofo down.

I don't think Obama is going to go Bill Clinton. Clinton did what he did because he needed a legacy, something he could point to and say he did that. Obama already has that, for better or worse.

Tarkus

Goodbye democratic control of Senate. PoliGAF showing its command of American politics lol speculawyer, RustyNails, hyliantom, APKmetsfan: 4 months ago, a Democratic takeover of the senate was imminent. Now, it's all over except the crying.

Ecotic

My theory: Mark Warner is so damn quiet people thought he wasn't advocating anything on behalf of Virginia. I never hear anything from him.

Wilsongt

Goodbye democratic control of Senate. PoliGAF showing its command of American politics lol speculawyer, RustyNails, hyliantom, APKmetsfan: 4 months ago, a Democratic takeover of the senate was imminent. Now, it's all over except the crying.

Honestly, that's just a bit uncalled for.

We only call out Diablos, Benji, and Metamorphic here.

Gruco

Banned

Takeover?

Jooney

Damn, guy who never posts in PoliGAF has a point. Can't believe APK & Co. got the call on the Dem senate takeover wrong.

Averon

Him and Walker are both going to be here another 4 years. Why? I couldn't tell ya, I"m just happy I don't live in those shit states.

Some states seems to be gluttons for punishment.

BTW, how is Fox News tonight?
They must fuck ecstatic tonight. It must be a complete 180 compared to two years ago.

HylianTom

Banned
Damn, guy who never posts in PoliGAF has a point. Can't believe APK & Co. got the call on the Dem senate takeover wrong.

*snicker*

I think my most prominent position around here has been essentially, "c'mon! Let's kick-off the 2016 festivities already!" :)

Yoda

To be honest what would it say about the Republicans if they couldn't do well in this environment? 6th year of a democratic incumbent and a majority of the states in play are red states. Had they had not sweeped this then we'd essentially have a 1 party system if we didn't have gerrymandering.

bananas

Banned
Do you guys think we can expect this going forward?

Dems dominate presidential elections, GOP dominate midterms?

Are we destined to have 20 years of Dem controlled WH and GOP controlled Congress?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Looks like Warner is going to pull it out and that Hagan margin is sharp enough to cut deli meat with.

CNN still hasn't called Florida.

Yeah! You tell those four people that are apparently the only ones in PoliGAF!

gcubed

Do you guys think we can expect this going forward?

Dems dominate presidential elections, GOP dominate midterms?

Are we destined to have 20 years of Dem controlled WH and GOP controlled Congress?

Dems will have control of senate in 2016 but still no house so it won't matter (and no super majority anyway). House isn't in play for a long time, so it'll be split for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom