• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
HARRY ENTEN 9:12 PM
We’ve been focusing so much on the ideological divide on the Democratic side that you may forget about what looks to be a developing class divide. Sanders has won every income group, except for voters from families with a total yearly income of $200,000 or more. If you look at voters’ educational attainment, he’s doing worst among voters with a post-graduate degree — beating Clinton by just 3 percentage points. The wealthiest Democrats were also Clinton’s best group in Iowa.

Honestly, she's got no reason to panic until Nevada. Iowa and NH are way too white compared to the rest of the calendar, if she underperforms in Nevada then she'll have an issue.

Maybe not PANIC yet but a complete failure to connect with young, white voters is a real concern. They're a substantial part of the Obama coalition. Clinton can win with blacks, Hispanics, and women but lose one more leg of the table and she's out.

HylianTom

Banned
I usually don't care for Godwin-flavored commentary, but this made me chuckle.

Frank Conniff ‏@FrankConniff
In tonight's #NHPrimary, Democratic voters elected a Jew, Republican voters elected a Nazi.

Subtle

So did this primary really end already? I remember Iowa was going on for so long, while in this one the media's already proclaiming winners.

danm999

So did this primary really end already? I remember Iowa was going on for so long, while in this one the media's already proclaiming winners.

Yes it was over pretty soon after the polls closed. The polls were quite accurate so there weren't many surprises.

With this being a primary rather than a caucus, the process is a little more streamlined.

Edit- Bernie sitting on a 21.1% lead at 30% reporting. No denying he exceeded expectations if he stays within 1% of that margin.

Listening to Hillary's speech right now. She's being smart about emphasizing Flint and her visit there. Trying to keep the firewall strong.

sangreal

A simple creedo, eh? That's not the first riff I've noticed lifted out of Obama's NH concession speech

Not that there is a better speech out there to get inspiration from

Overlee

HARRY ENTEN 9:12 PM
We’ve been focusing so much on the ideological divide on the Democratic side that you may forget about what looks to be a developing class divide. Sanders has won every income group, except for voters from families with a total yearly income of $200,000 or more. If you look at voters’ educational attainment, he’s doing worst among voters with a post-graduate degree — beating Clinton by just 3 percentage points. The wealthiest Democrats were also Clinton’s best group in Iowa.

Ca0Tl4yVAAAAOru.jpg

The rich have time to be incrementalist. The rest of the world doesn't

Subtle

I mean, Rubio in fifth is pretty big.

I wonder how large of an impact his malfunctions had on the result.

Also I saw a lot of people say that a Ted Cruz win over Trump in Iowa was worse for the Democratic party because he could do legitimate damage as president. However, I don't think I agree. Yeah Ted Cruz sucks, but I think he would have a harder time winning the GE than Trump. I feel like Trump has some bipartisan support considering he's a celebrity and openly anti establishment. I'd be more afraid of Trump in the GE than Ted Cruz.

Diablos

So what if Hillary has more Superdelegates? If Bernie keeps winning big primaries they can't just stay pledged to Hillary unless they want to make Sanders feel robbed and go third party.

Shit, I could see both Trump and Sanders going third party if things don't keep going their way.

This is going to be the craziest and most unpredictable Presidential election ever.

Rubio in fifth is good but Sanders can't beat a single one of them, even Trump.

I wonder if Kasich will gain traction in other primaries now?

Kyosaiga

Banned
So what if Hillary has more Superdelegates? If Bernie keeps winning big primaries they can't just stay pledged to Hillary unless they want to make Sanders feel robbed and go third party.

Shit, I could see both Trump and Sanders going third party if things don't keep going their way.

This is going to be the craziest and most unpredictable Presidential election ever.

No, it's not.

2008 Dem race was far and away more unpredictable.

If Sanders goes third party, I hope the DNC crucifies him for such a blatantly petty and stupid move.

Starting to see how you got your tag.

This is the most Diablos post ever

Allard

Remember Super Tuesday when suddenly it became obvious Obama won the long game? He won by winning huge in minority voting. If she has trouble in NV and SC, then, and only then would I assume she might need to adjust her campaign, but as long as she has the minority vote the way she has it, there is almost no path for Sanders to win. Most those large minority voting states are winner take all.

Edit: forgot there is no winner take all since 2006 dem primaries, still the percentages could make or break things.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm so upset about how I was treated like a tool by Bernie staffers that after months of working on the campaign I don't event want to hear his acceptance speech. I will likely never be involved in a campaign again because I can't handle being treated like that again.

I believe that campaign shake up is in order for Hillary. A muddled message and too much negativity is going to make this primary closer than it should be

Diablos

Bernie has won exactly one primary containing 24 pledged delegates out of 4,051, or 0.59% of the total available.
No kidding.

I am worried about Hillary's demographics problems as highlighted previously in the thread. If NH gives Sanders momentum in states as the campaign goes on that's a problem

Remember Super Tuesday when suddenly it became obvious Obama won the long game? He won by winning huge in minority voting. If she has trouble in NV and SC, then, and only then would I assume she might need to adjust her campaign, but as long as she has the minority vote the way she has it, there is almost no path for Sanders to win. Most those large minority voting states are winner take all.

....there are no winner take all states in the Democratic primary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom