• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jody Avirgan @jodyavirgan
Headed to the party for John Kasich, tonight's recipient of the Marco Rubio Memorial Award For Feeling Like You Won When You Lost By A Bunch

i dont want to get lost in the mess tonight but voters are eternally optimistic, at least white and young voters.

Why bernie is winning. Clinton is speaking reality. when does that every fly?

PBY

Banned
DAVID WASSERMAN 8:53 PM
If you were to sketch out the most disastrous New Hampshire outcome possible for the anti-Trump GOP “establishment,” I’d argue it would be what we’re witnessing right now.

Unlike in Iowa, Trump appears to be exceeding his polling average and expectations. Furthermore, the only “breakout” candidate in the next tier appears to be John Kasich, who looks likely to win a clear second place finish thanks to strong showings in liberal enclaves. But Kasich holds little appeal outside of New Hampshire. Bush looks likely to finish slightly ahead of Rubio, setting up an establishment muddle in South Carolina.

In one sense, tonight looks like Clinton’s worst night of the 2016 campaign yet. But, if tonight also means that the Republican race remains a complete mess for the next several months, it could actually turn into Clinton’s best news in the long run.

NeoXChaos

DAVID WASSERMAN 8:53 PM
If you were to sketch out the most disastrous New Hampshire outcome possible for the anti-Trump GOP “establishment,” I’d argue it would be what we’re witnessing right now.

Unlike in Iowa, Trump appears to be exceeding his polling average and expectations. Furthermore, the only “breakout” candidate in the next tier appears to be John Kasich, who looks likely to win a clear second place finish thanks to strong showings in liberal enclaves. But Kasich holds little appeal outside of New Hampshire. Bush looks likely to finish slightly ahead of Rubio, setting up an establishment muddle in South Carolina.

In one sense, tonight looks like Clinton’s worst night of the 2016 campaign yet. But, if tonight also means that the Republican race remains a complete mess for the next several months, it could actually turn into Clinton’s best news in the long run.

exactly.

Touchdown

Banned
Are any of the republicans going to drop out of the race tonight? Or do they plan to keep splintering the vote between each other so that Trump wins this thing hands down?

Makai

No, his growth isn't linear. It's EXPONENTIAL! He'll be the frontrunner by Florida

Are any of the republicans going to drop out of the race tonight? Or do they plan to keep splintering the vote between each other so that Trump wins this thing hands down?
Maybe Fiorina

Cerium

wHyMZ8W.png

trump-world-on-fire.gif

Could someone explain this Hillary super-delegate thing? I've heard of them but don't really know much about what super-delegates actually are.

Kyosaiga

Banned
Could someone explain this Hillary super-delegate thing? I've heard of them but don't really know much about what super-delegates actually are.

Super delegates basically can support any candidate regardless if said candidate wins a state or not.

One of their purpose is to prevent people like Sanders from winning the nomination if the DNC doesn't want them too.

Seriously.

dramatis

Are there really no surprises left for Trump in the race?

I'd rather Cruz or somebody keep dragging the Republican primary out. If the Dem primary is going to last longer, I hope the Republicans can continue to be occupied too, before being able to regroup for the general.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I kind of disagree with this. He's a Republican Governor with a successful record. As long as he can keep attention on the other clowns he might stick in 2nd and gain establishment support as time goes on.

He expanded Medicaid and supports helping the poor. He has zero chance of getting the nomination in the GOP.

Makai

"Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that RubiNO shareholders don't know what they're doing. They knows EXACTLY what they're doing."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
so how should she fix her campaign? I agree but I can't think of anything.

Honestly, she's got no reason to panic until Nevada. Iowa and NH are way too white compared to the rest of the calendar, if she underperforms in Nevada then she'll have an issue.

Super delegates basically can support any candidate regardless if said candidate wins a state or not.

One of their purpose is to prevent people like Sanders from winning the nomination if the DNC doesn't want them too.

Seriously.

that's amazing

does the Republican party have the same thing?

"Without counting superdelegates" is meaningless.

Yes, but it is explaining why the media is talking about Bernie being the front runner now. Really she really just needs to do very well in the most of the March states and the the next two states then she pretty much won.

dramatis

Super delegates are specific to the Democratic primary, they don't exist in the Republican primary.

The Democratic party assigns certain members of the party, Democratic congresspeople, and Democratic governors each a 'superdelegate' vote that counts as a 'delegate' at the convention.

Hillary has a lot of support from various party members, congressmembers, etc., and their endorsements count as 'superdelegates' and are technically part of her delegate count.

teiresias

Honestly, she's got no reason to panic until Nevada. Iowa and NH are way too white compared to the rest of the calendar, if she underperforms in Nevada then she'll have an issue.

And really, I think a great deal of her campaign issues have more to do with this being a Democratic primary. She doesn't really want to go hard in on someone else in the primary because the party is what matters here (let's ignore that Sanders isn't a member of the party and despite his rhetoric about needing Congress isn't willing to do any of the heavy lifting to get Democrats elected to Congress). I think it's a much easier sell in the general when she's up against an actual Republican.

These are the days

These are days you'll remember
Never before and never since, I promise, will the whole world be as warm as this
And as you feel it, you'll know it's true that you are both blessed and lucky
It's true that you are blessed by something that will go and bloom

These are the days you'll remember
When May is rushing over you with desire to be a part of the miracles you see
In Every Hour

so how should she fix her campaign? I agree but I can't think of anything.

She just needs to adjust her messaging, but it'll be hard concerning the position she is in( being a corporate shill and all).

Probably doesn't matter if people are going doom and gloom. Although, she really doesn't need to worry, but it doesn't hurt to adjust strategies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom