• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protein

Banned
Any type.

If possible, studies or graphs that show lobbyist and Republican fuckery. There's going to be a debate in my classroom that I'm participating in. I need to begin brushing up on content. Was going to make a thread in OT but I could probably get a cleaner, quicker answer here. If it helps, just pretend I came in here denying that it exists, and Trump2016.

As put by his campaign staff in that article the other day, Obama promised change, not revolution. When it came to policy, he tried to be more down to earth, despite his vision of a more collaborative process being ultimately unworkable.

Also Gilmore dropped out. Good night sweet prince.

vader.jpg

I'm going to assume, from a quick scroll through, it's because the topic turned to reparations.

In fairness, neither will come out for it, because it's not something they'll be able to get done. The problem for Sanders is that it comes across inconsistent because it's not really more improbable than parts of his espoused platform.

Jay-Hova

Banned
Can someone tell me what happened?
All I see is something about a chant for reparations?
I'm going to assume, from a quick scroll through, it's because the topic turned to reparations.

In fairness, neither will come out for it, because it's not something they'll be able to get done. The problem for Sanders is that it comes across inconsistent because it's not really more improbable than parts of his espoused platform.
They are not anywhere close to the same in support or probability/precedent.
This is just optics.

They are not anywhere close to the same in support or probability/precedent.
This is just optics.
Basically zero is the same as basically zero.
Also, Sanders had to leave to another event and kind of rushed out of the stage without fully answering the last question he was asked.
To be fair again, he apparently does that at every event/rally anyway. He's not one for ropelines and baby-kissing.

4chan´s /pol/. Pieces of shit.

Yeap. Reparations. Also, Sanders had to leave to another event and kind of rushed out of the stage without fully answering the last question he was asked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersFor...forummn_reactions_thread_how_do_you_think_it/

it wasnt really bad for got I am reading. At least not for Sanders in the sense that he said something awful or whatever. But I would need to see the video first.

Makai

I can't think of any national politicians that support reparations. Not sure why Bernie is getting so much shit for it.

I can't think of any national politicians that support reparations. Not sure why Bernie is getting so much shit for it.

the logic behind the people giving him shit is probably something along the lines of "he's clearly not constrained by political reality elsewhere, so why here?"

not saying i agree with that, just that it seems like that's what they're thinking

He offers dreams all around. Free college, free healthcare (even for not legal immigrants), etc... . But when it comes to reparations, he retreats towards "grounded realism". I can understand why that is seen as a problem.

the logic behind the people giving him shit is probably something along the lines of "he's clearly not constrained by political reality elsewhere, so why here?"

not saying i agree with that, just that it seems like that's what they're thinking
Bingo. And unfortunately it has a racial component which makes.the optics worse.

East Lake

He offers dreams all around. Free college, free healthcare (even for not legal immigrants), etc... . But when it comes to reparations, he retreats towards "grounded realism". I can understand why that is seen as a problem.
He doesn't support it for the same reason he doesn't support nationalizing the auto industry. Nobody supports it, and a lot of people support the policies he already has.

Makai

"We're going to go after their families."

"I'll bring back a hell a lot worse than waterboarding."

"I'll get China to get him [Kim Jong Un] to disappear."

...... This is not a libertarian foreign policy.
It sure is compared to Ted Cruz bombing a university and Chris Christie starting WW3.

User 406

Banned
Virginia?

I feel bad for Ohio-GAF.

Ah, but this is where my long term strategy of not having cable or even ever watching TV pays off.

Of course my mailbox will burst from color mailers, but wutevs, it's never ever as bad as fucking charter school poaching season.

SmokeMaxX

If he wanted it done, THE REVOLUTION could get it done. If he doesn't want it done, just say it clearly instead of
“Its likelihood of getting through Congress is nil,” he told Fusion in an interview. “Second of all, I think it would be very divisive.”

THE REVOLUTION can get universal single-payer healthcare in a right-leaning nation that's controlled in most branches of government by the right, but it's too much to ask for them to get reparations passed?

Just an awful answer. He should just be straight about it instead of hiding behind its likelihood of passage.

Krowley

He mixes in promises to avoid a quagmire, and constantly criticizes the Iraq war.

East Lake

If you believe Trump he is almost certainly less likely to invade than a typical republican, and probably a democrat. He also regularly rails on corporate welfare and would be the only one other than Bernie with the ability to do anything about it.

Feeling like it's going to be down to Trump, Cruz, and Jeb (with everyone else having dropped out) by the end of the month.

If you believe Trump he is almost certainly less likely to invade than a typical republican, and probably a democrat. He also regularly rails on corporate welfare and would be the only one other than Bernie with the ability to do anything about it.

Less likely to invade, but if he does invade, it will basically be war crime after war crime.

His main policy focus is on ISIS to and he's talked a lot about how many war crimes he's going to commit to kill ISIS.

CNN just ran segment on a civil rights video Bernie's campaign distributes around saying its him showing leadership at civil rights meetings isn't him according to the University archive it came from. Bernie's campaign manager of course is objecting. So either Bernie is wrong or the caption attached to the picture is wrong. Nothing will come of this but shows that the "front runner" research is kicking in high gear.

NeoXChaos

CNN just ran segment on a civil rights video Bernie's campaign distributes around saying its him showing leadership at civil rights meetings isn't him according to the University archive it came from. Bernie's campaign manager of course is objecting. So either Bernie is wrong or the caption attached to the picture is wrong. Nothing will come of this but shows that the "front runner" research is kicking in high gear.

well:

His campaign is run by narcissists who are infatuated with their perception of their own genius

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-to-nomination-for-trump-219142#ixzz400XOh4Lg

Kyosaiga

Banned
"We have 2 quarterbacks in training camp. One of them is going to be the starter. I have a preference about who I want to be the starter for our team, but I am not going to bash the other one while they are both on my team and both commited to us winning the Super Bowl.

2016 in a nutshell

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Feeling like it's going to be down to Trump, Cruz, and Jeb (with everyone else having dropped out) by the end of the month.

Less likely to invade, but if he does invade, it will basically be war crime after war crime.

His main policy focus is on ISIS to and he's talked a lot about how many war crimes he's going to commit to kill ISIS.

why would Rubio drop before jeb?

Every campaign is run by narcissists.
I mean, to an extent, sure. But come on, even if you want to see Sanders in there, does anybody actually want Jeff Weaver and Tad Devine in the White House?

Besides from memory, Hillaryland is full of sycophants not narcissists.

Holmes

Sorry but I'm enjoying all this media scrutiny that the Sanders has been getting recently and the (near) meltdowns their campaign and supporters have been having. They're not ready for primetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom