• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Every campaign is run by narcissists. Every politician is most likely one. That attack line is just a display of bitter frustration because Sanders camp is doing something right that Clinton´s isnt.
This isn't about his "camp", this is about specific people in his team who seem to specialize in the fine art of burning bridges.

Tesseract

Banned
Sorry but I'm enjoying all this media scrutiny that the Sanders has been getting recently and the (near) meltdowns their campaign and supporters have been having. They're not ready for primetime.

they'll be weeded out, it's w/e

grassroots ain't perfect

Every campaign is run by narcissists. Every politician is most likely one. That attack line is just a display of bitter frustration because Sanders camp is doing something right that Clinton´s isnt.

Remember the 94% honesty exit poll? Yeah, if this comes up that he was an "incorrect recollection" in the end, it just hurts his image. But there is a lot more people saying its not him versus who are.

Let's see how Bernie can deal with being a "front runner."

Chichikov

So which stage of doom are we in now for Trump?
xWJfA5R.png

beaten

but yes the smears are getting inventive

Apparently the photographer--a guy named Danny Lyon who seems to be pretty famous--remembers taking the pic, and has confirmed it was Bernie.

Source
As I said, some people are claiming its Bernie, but four other people who were there said it was not him and instead a man named Bruce Rapport, who died in 2006.

Throw in the school archive says it isn't him, and you see how the media is investigating this. Time, Washington Post, CNN, etc...

http://photoarchive.lib.uchicago.edu/db.xqy?one=apf4-01698.xml

So is someone other than Jeb finally going to get some fucking courage and attack Trump in the next debate? Cruz and Rubio have been as cowardly as possible in all of the debates.

So is someone other than Jeb finally going to get some fucking courage and attack Trump in the next debate? Cruz and Rubio have been as cowardly as possible in all of the debates.

I suspect Cruz might, he's fucked if he really loses SC by a large margin and is already getting more aggressive against Trump outside of the debates.

South Carolina GOP polling:

http://schousegop.org/sc-poll-results/

Trump: 35%
Cruz: 16%
Jeb: 13%
Rubio: 12%
Kasich: 9%
Carson: 5%
Undecided: 10%

Trump crushes all categories but especially.... Libertarians??????

A decent amount of American Libertarians are actually hyper-capitalists they don't even pretend to care about liberty just about allowing people with money to do whatever the hell they want.

They probably don't even like Trump's health care positions but he's close to their spirit animal.

kirblar

The goal of the others now is not to win outright. It's to force a brokered convention. I'm not sure how this affects the debate calculus, but I don't expect them to be potshotting each other any more.

Ecotic

Trump has done such an amazing job of turning the field into children sitting at the dinner table who are afraid of upsetting Daddy and his famous temper. The slightest offense may bring upon disaster, so it's best to just eat quietly.

As I said, some people are claiming its Bernie, but four other people who were there said it was not him and instead a man named Bruce Rapport, who died in 2006.

Throw in the school archive says it isn't him, and you see how the media is investigating this. Time, Washington Post, CNN, etc...

http://photoarchive.lib.uchicago.edu/db.xqy?one=apf4-01698.xml

They covered this on Hardball after the debate last night as well. Matthews asked Devine about it and he didn't handle it very well IMO

Cruz is going to it, I know it. Especially since Cruz just let Trump get to the right of him on torture out of nowhere. They were trading punches a few debates ago until Trump landed New York values on him.Only Bubble Boy has the courage to take on Cruz.

The goal of the others now is not to win outright. It's to force a brokered convention. I'm not sure how this affects the debate calculus, but I don't expect them to be potshotting each other any more.

They have too. WTA states are coming so unless they coalesce the Establishment vote Trump (or Cruz) is going to take it all. All a brokered convention can do in that case is pick their poison between Trump and Cruz.

It's dumb; it doesn't really matter if he's in a particular photo. It's known he was there. But it's really just a small taste of the scrutiny that comes with being a contender. And it's probably still nowhere near the type of attention that the actual GE would/will bring.

It's dumb; it doesn't really matter if he's in a particular photo. It's known he was there. But it's really just a small taste of the scrutiny that comes with being a contender. And it's probably still nowhere near the type of attention that the actual GE would/will bring.

Agreed which was my point from the beginning. Throw in all of his votes, trips, visits, friends, etc...

Remember Obama and the Ailes? The GOP research teams are arming for Sanders and will come up with some crazy connections. Of course they can just bury him with his tax plan too.

Iolo

They covered this on Hardball after the debate last night as well. Matthews asked Devine about it and he didn't handle it very well IMO

No he got pretty flustered. In the end he started claiming it was just a "representative picture" of a sit-in.

Someone should ask Bernie whether that's him.

Sanders, who started off the forum running through his stump speech touching on “systemic racism,” unfair incarceration and education inequality, responded sharply to the charge.

“I said ‘black’ 50 times,” he said. “That’s the 51st time.”

But, Sanders said, the issues at hand are more about economics than race.

“It’s not just black,” he said. “It’s Latino. In some rural areas, it is white.”
I feel this kind of encapsulates his problem speaking about these issues.

NeoXChaos

And the crowd and the panel grew lukewarm on Sanders, saying his focus on economic inequality looks past the entrenched problems they face as African-Americans

"This is a black forum,” Newby said, trying to cut Bellecourt off before Sanders quickly acknowledged Native Americans’ difficult history, and headed for the door to his next event to the tune of David Bowie’s “Starman.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/bernie-sanders-black-community-forum-219232#ixzz400miA32g

noshten

Rachel Maddow talking about Nevada primary caucus, sounds like no one knows whats going on
Tons of new voters on both sides but more Democratic registrations this time around but it's pretty close and loads of independents

On and just for the record there's a Libertarian argument for anything because the term has a history that started on the left side of politics and has meandered around history like a drunk leaving groups who all consider themselves Libertarians everywhere on the political spectrum.

Trump latest ad after he pulled the anti-Cruz one. He's running this one and the positive tv spot currently. http://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/category/ads
Trump is courting the black vote too and all the media wants to show is just Clinton and Sanders fighting over it. The black vote has to be earned!

You know, I used to think this was a joke. But if Sanders v. Trump happens and Sanders still has difficulty connecting with black voters and continues to avoid campaigning in the black community while Trump is aggressively going after the black vote, then who knows what could happen.

Maybe Trump could reach Bush levels of black support, maybe even Reagan.

User 406

Banned
Speaking directly about racial issues and proposing policies that directly redress racial injustices without it just being a theoretical side effect of primarily helping white people goes against every spinal reflex our politicians have.

benjipwns

Banned
Ya'll legit like statistics? Worst class I ever took. Why an English major had to take stats I'll never know. I also took Math for Liberal Arts. We learned about shapes and shit. And colors. It was basically Kindergarten math taught by a really hot grad student....
What is today, adam tries to disgust benji as much as possible day? And on the day Jim Gilmore ended America's Dreams and threw us into a special place in hell?

If there's one thing I've learned it's that I never want to stop dealing with theoretical data sets and have to actually deal with the data that actual people come up with.
Control the kludge. Take control of the data entry forms. Leave none alive in your wake if necessary.

Or if they can't get you fired (and/or they know you're benji), send them back an e-mail full of gibberish from smashing your keyboard randomly. When they ask, say "oh, I thought this is how we were sharing information now."

It's actually why I do sports analytics stuff for fun on the side
Very old (the entire xW/WS system was scrapped to incorporate percentiles and allow for a dynamic WARP), but only one not five years or more older I have on google docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wdZJ9lzj_RLHKaIFDn8W6Iz0bIX6oZkZaT4C--A4-ys/edit?usp=sharing

Rachel Maddow talking about Nevada primary caucus, sounds like no one knows whats going on
Tons of new voters on both sides but more Democratic registrations this time around but it's pretty close and loads of independents

Isn't Nevada Dem only for the caucus?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
What is today, adam tries to disgust benji as much as possible day? And on the day Jim Gilmore ended America's Dreams and threw us into a special place in hell?

Control the kludge. Take control of the data entry forms. Leave none alive in your wake if necessary.

Or if they can't get you fired (and/or they know you're benji), send them back an e-mail full of gibberish from smashing your keyboard randomly. When they ask, say "oh, I thought this is how we were sharing information now."

Very old (the entire xW/WS system was scrapped to incorporate percentiles and allow for a dynamic WARP), but only one not five years or more older I have on google docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wdZJ9lzj_RLHKaIFDn8W6Iz0bIX6oZkZaT4C--A4-ys/edit?usp=sharing

You might be my hero for the bolded, lol.

I feel bad for you being a sixers fan with The Process (tm). It's the greatest GM Ponzi scheme I've ever seen.

NV is closed. But you can apparently change affiliation on the day.
Speaking directly about racial issues and proposing policies that directly redress racial injustices without it just being a theoretical side effect of primarily helping white people goes against every spinal reflex our politicians have.
It may just be how it comes across poorly in print; but his response comes across inadvertently as less a reflexive aversion to talk directly about racial issues, and more an exasperation that he can't just go back to talking about what he actually wants to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom