• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised Colin Powell is involved in this. I sent him an email in 2001 for a book report. He was like "how did you get my email address and information?" He sent me an autograph book and a letter. Was cool.

Diablos

Not surprised Colin Powell is involved in this. I sent him an email in 2001 for a book report. He was like "how did you get my email address and information?" He sent me an autograph book and a letter. Was cool.
Maybe your email will be part of an investigation someday!

I though DMR endorsed Hills, you guys have such a victim complex it's unreal lol

HAHAHA

That's because the DMR is non partisan enough that they can endorse and trash HRC in the same breath. Calling people out for their mistakes is how they improve.

Compare that with the Bernie echo chamber where anyone out of line is cast out as "establishment" or "not liberal/progressive enough"

noshten

Did you even read the editorial? All of their issues are with the caucus system specifically and because the Sanders supporters and camp are salty. If they didn't want a clusterfuck they shouldn't have had a caucus.

I did read the Editorial I even posted in the Iowa thread a few hours ago.
But sure blame the Sanders supporters for the Iowa DNC incompetence

HAHAHA

That's because the DMR is non partisan enough that they can endorse and trash HRC in the same breath. Calling people out for their mistakes is how they improve.

Compare that with the Bernie echo chamber where anyone out of line is cast out as "establishment" or "not liberal/progressive enough"

Right, we are the immature ones living in a echo chamber while posters who start their replies with "HAHAHA" are the ones who really wanting rational discourse and a more thought provoking discussion.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That's not what I said and you know it. I blame the caucuses for being stupid and clusterfuck, that ain't the DNC's fault. That's Iowa's fault, if they want a cleaner election they should just have a primary. I blame the Sanders supporters for being sore losers and buying into conspiracy theories.

Sure we'll just blame Bernie for running for the Dem nomination then, or his supporters for not showing up in large enough numbers.

Calls out corrupt incompetent establishment, runs for the nominee of said establishment and is surprised when corrupt incompetent establishment fuck up! What a novel idea!

Want to win decisively? Then show up.

Carson needs to devote the rest of his campaign to chipping away at Cruz. Go on a full Southern assault and hold events at huge churches.

PBY

Banned
New National Poll (NBC surveymonkey tho)

1) 2016 National Republican Primary
Asked of 3,057 Republican registered voters
Jeb Bush (R) 3%
Ben Carson (R) 7%
Chris Christie (R) 3%
Ted Cruz (R) 20%
Carly Fiorina (R) 2%
Jim Gilmore (R) 0%
Mike Huckabee (R) 2%
John Kasich (R) 3%
No Answer 2%
Rand Paul (R) 3%
Marco Rubio (R) 12%
Rick Santorum (R) 1%
Donald Trump (R) 39%
Undecided 4%

noshten

That's not what I said and you know it. I blame the caucuses for being stupid and clusterfuck, that ain't the DNC's fault. That's Iowa's fault, if they want a cleaner election they should just have a primary. I blame the Sanders supporters for being sore losers and buying into conspiracy theories.

Maybe find a post of mine regarding Iowa invoking conspiracy theories, right you won't find one. Since you are replying to me maybe backup the words with some proof.

I don't see what exactly is the problem with a recount - and neither do I understand the victim complex you have about posting an editorial from the DMR register asking for a recount.

It's a stupid clusterfuck is not an excuse

New National Poll (NBC surveymonkey tho)

1) 2016 National Republican Primary
Asked of 3,057 Republican registered voters
Jeb Bush (R) 3%
Ben Carson (R) 7%
Chris Christie (R) 3%
Ted Cruz (R) 20%
Carly Fiorina (R) 2%
Jim Gilmore (R) 0%
Mike Huckabee (R) 2%
John Kasich (R) 3%
No Answer 2%
Rand Paul (R) 3%
Marco Rubio (R) 12%
Rick Santorum (R) 1%
Donald Trump (R) 39%
Undecided 4%

This is through the 31st though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe find a post of mine regarding Iowa invoking conspiracy theories, right you won't find one. Since you are replying to me maybe backup the words with some proof.

I don't see what exactly is the problem with a recount - and neither do I understand the victim complex you have about posting an editorial from the DMR register asking for a recount.

It's a stupid clusterfuck is not an excuse

Stop shifting, I never said you were buying into conspiracy bullshit. There's plenty who have though and all you'd need to do is go look at the coin toss shit or the people who bought into that stupid user video.

noshten

Stop shifting, I never said you were buying into conspiracy bullshit. There's plenty who have though and all you'd need to do is go look at the coin toss shit or the people who bought into that stupid user video.

You are replying to me, not to someone else. I'd say I'm pretty rational so like I said how is Iowa being a stupid clusterfuck an excuse?

Armaros

You are replying to me, not to someone else. I'd say I'm pretty rational so like I said how is Iowa being a stupid clusterfuck an excuse?

Because welcome to how public caucuses work.

If this is your first election, then get used to it until we decide to abandon that system.

Right, we are the immature ones living in a echo chamber while posters who start their replies with "HAHAHA" are the ones who really wanting rational discourse and a more thought provoking discussion.

The one telling Hillary supporters they have a victim complex is immature?

Rational discourse is accepting you lost and move on.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Just because I'm replying to you doesn't mean I can only talk about what you've said or done. That's not how conversations work. We're talking about groups of people here.

The bulk of the article is complaining about the caucus system itself. You can't have an actual recount since that would require dragging everyone out again and it's not like the campaigns didn't have people in the room when the delegates were being counted out. They did, both of them. This didn't get counted in a backroom by party guys with no oversight, both campaigns had people there looking it over. If they don't like the caucus system that's fair, but they're just using this as an excuse to push their own agenda. And I think you know that.

Sea Manky, I can't look at Kasich anymore without cracking up. Thank you.

proxy.jpg

NeoXChaos

That's basically what I would have expected

really? why is that?

I am trying to understand how he is leading by so much when IA and NH are identical in demographics. Maybe more share of independents??

Hillary hasnt been over 50 in a poll since June and has been stuck in the 30s and 40s but that was not the case in IA.

someone help explain to me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
really? why is that?

I am trying to understand how he is leading by so much when IA and NH are identical in demographics. Maybe more share of independents??

I think it is the independents, also the state usually goes local given the chance. If a New Englander is running NH will usually go for them.

Powell and Rice don't belong in the modern Republican Party anyway.

On cash inflows/outflows, it's only just come to my attention that the shared fundraising with the DNC and state parties is actually under the control of candidates, so Clinton actually has more funding at her disposal that would appear even from her filings.
At the same time, they both have high burn rates; with Sanders outspending Clinton on advertising in January.

Also, do people not understand what editorial boards are? I see someone questioning why the NYT has concurrently endorsed Clinton while still writing critical articles of her.

really? why is that?

Hillary hasnt been over 50 in a poll since June and has been stuck in the 30s and 40s but that was not the case in IA.

VT and NH- best of friends

Tons of independents vote in the Democratic primary

noshten

Because welcome to how public caucuses work.

If this is your first election, then get used to it until we decide to abandon that system.

What is the difference between the GOP caucus that provides raw caucus numbers right away?

The bulk of the article is complaining about the caucus system itself. You can't have an actual recount since that would require dragging everyone out again and it's not like the campaigns didn't have people in the room when the delegates were being counted out. They did, both of them. This didn't get counted in a backroom by party guys with no oversight, both campaigns had people there looking it over. If they don't like the caucus system that's fair, but they're just using this as an excuse to push their own agenda. And I think you know that.

I don't even want a recount, it's just an article pointing out how one party is badly organized and nontransparent while the other addressed serious problems within the caucus system and everything went smoothly.
To me the whole process with the Dems seemed like a big joke staying until early morning hours and still having no idea who won is just incomprehensible in this day and age especially when you consider we are talking about less than 200k people. No matter how convoluted system you have it seems there is serious organizational problems on a local level that will hurt Democrats in the future in Iowa if they are not addressed.

danm999

They really should turn caucuses into primaries, they're a total joke, but it's a little late to raise a stink after you've lost; ask Abuela about 2008.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What is the difference between the GOP caucus that provides raw caucus numbers right away?

Try reading these:

http://www.bleedingheartland.com/2016/01/27/how-the-iowa-caucuses-work-part-1-the-basics/

This guy has a series of articles explaining the system and how it works, I had put them in the Iowa OP.

They really should turn caucuses into primaries, they're a total joke, but it's a little late to raise a stink after you've lost; ask Abuela about 2008.

Yea but if they did that then they couldn't be first. Which is way more important than anything else.

PBY

Banned
Meh, he seems like he's being silly in the gif.

Lots of people dogpiling on Jeb now.

That's the power of narrative - we view actions through the lens of our preconceived notions that are created through a collective story that evolves as the media/social media/acquaintances digest what happens.

Hexa

He would help out his friend Donald.

I can't see Carson over an extended period being good at fighting anyone. If he wants to help Trump should more so focus on giving Trump ammo. What he should do is announce that he's dropping out of the race and endorses Trump, as well as saying something to the extent that "Us non-establishment folks have to stick together" and "Just because no one likes Cruz doesn't mean he's not part of the establishment". If he does that, if I'm understanding things correctly, Carson's delegates would go to Trump, and Trump would essentially retroactively win Iowa, and hence he could push that on the PR front as well.
Welp. I think I'm wandering into fanfiction territory. xD

Interfectum

That's the power of narrative - we view actions through the lens of our preconceived notions that are created through a collective story that evolves as the media/social media/acquaintances digest what happens.

Sure, but when you start to see though that narrative, it's just not fun anymore. Seems mean-spirited and forced.

really? why is that?

A) NH neighbors Vermont

B) I'm making an assumption here, but I'd imagine NH skews more liberal than Iowa. Relying on self-reported liberals may be a bit misleading, since the average liberal in Iowa is probably a little more moderate than a liberal in New England.

C) Iowa momentum!!!!!! /s

really? why is that?

I thought he was referring to the large discrepancy between men and women. That is what immediately stood out to me.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I work at a place that actively steps on berniestas daily.
Edit: the trump organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom