• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

If you haven't seen The Big Bus, you totally have to.

That bus is kind of amazing, but what really struck me is that they gave up a whole lot of seats to have that ridiculous fake rocket engine on the back. Or are you telling me that rocket engine...is real. Because then, you know, awesome.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Prepare the happening bunker.

Something something coal country Jim Clyburn proposal during the PBS debate white people question. Google says she has some sort of probably non-starter $30B plan.
But then I don't know how well these states and their voters align with the modern Democratic party. I don't really think people tend to think of unique geographical problems when they speak of minority issues, which may be a problem in itself I guess.

If you want to know why Trump is a massive threat to HRC in a GE, see the bolded.

I just realized that my Alma Mater is the one doing most of the primary polling I can find for Virginia. It's not the biggest school, so I'm surprised to see it pop up anywhere. #GoCaptains.

To expand on Bernie Strat.
Yall making the same mistake as usual with him: thinking he can afford to run a standard campaign with standard approaches. A standard run results in him losing to hills every single time. There is no possible venue there. There simply isn't enough time or resources for that kinda thing, given his condition. And yall know this.

Thus, given that the default state is a loss, he can afford to pull those sorta crazy stunts. If it pays off, yay. If it doesn't, welp, he was gonna lose anyway.

This is one of the few advantages afforded to the longshot. This we shall call The Trump Card. Eh? Eh?

(This obv ignores the matter of legacy, but ever since he tried to primary bams it is clear he doesnt give a flying fuck about that)

Part of it is because it's a two-person race, part of it is the mood of part of the electorate. All that said, if the numbers we have now hold steady the trouncing will begin soon.

Dude, she struggling with zombie gramsci. A True Kween woulda gone Of Hearts from iowa all the way to vermont on his old ass.

(Im kinda proud of this one)

Falls under the "I really think HRC supporters significantly overrate her ability to win elections" column.

<facepalm>

HOW THE HELL IS THIS EVEN A CLOSE RACE? How is she not beating the holy hell out of him?
If Hillary doesn't win this race by wide margins by the end DWS needs to be fired out of a cannon

I just realized that my Alma Mater is the one doing most of the primary polling I can find for Virginia. It's not the biggest school, so I'm surprised to see it pop up anywhere. #GoCaptains.

My Alma Mater created Paul Ryan as we know him so I think you win. Your school is actually contributing something to society.

I like the questions in this Fox poll.
Do you think Hillary Clinton has the integrity to serve effectively as president?

Which of the following better describes how you feel about presidential candidate Hillary Clinton being related to a previous president?
-> I&#8217;m tired of Clintons running for president.

Did Hillary Clinton put our national security at risk by mishandling classified emails while she was secretary of state?

If the justice department decides not to indict Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified information and emails while she was secretary of state, do you think that is MAINLY because:
-> There isn't proof she committed a crime / The Obama administration is protecting her.

#unskew

HylianTom

Banned
Do you think Hillary Clinton has the integrity to serve effectively as president?

Which of the following better describes how you feel about presidential candidate Hillary Clinton being related to a previous president?
-> I&#8217;m tired of Clintons running for president.

Did Hillary Clinton put our national security at risk by mishandling classified emails while she was secretary of state?

If the justice department decides not to indict Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified information and emails while she was secretary of state, do you think that is MAINLY because:
-> There isn't proof she committed a crime / The Obama administration is protecting her.

#unskew

Holy shit, I thought you were kidding..

Meanwhile, Sanders has chimed-in on Killer Mike:
CbiVXxBVIAAO-_3.jpg

Looking more into that poll.

45% of Dems think Hillary will be President, 28% Bernie. but interestingly, over 35 years old is basically 10% Bernie total. Only Young White Liberals without a good career believe he will be President. Note, this is not "support," this is belief.

Back to the SCOTUS appointee, Repubs are in favor of not nomination basically 60-40. That's a small margin when you consider partisanship. You'd think the GOP would be more 80-20. The Dems are 85-10. Indies 60-35 in favor. Literally, only "very conservative" voters are against Obama's nominating a new Justice. That's it. moderate GOPers favor it.

-> I’m tired of Clintons running for president.

#unskew

They did that with Bush too. And they asked if Trump has the temperament to be President (apparently not!).

But yeah, those questions were awful.

-> I’m tired of Clintons running for president.

#unskew

What's wrong with these questions? They also asked:

- Do you think Bernie Sanders is realistic enough to be President?

- Which describes your feeling? >I'm tired of Bushes running for President

- Do you think Trump has the temperament to be President?

They are hitting all the candidates across the board, there's no Hillary-bashing conspiracy here.

The Bushes being dynastic really has more basis. Although, I don't even know why they're bothering to ask specific questions about the big fat mess anymore.

I don't even know what "Do you think Ted Cruz has the personality to serve effectively as president?" is supposed to mean exactly.

For the overall poll, the mix is 43% Dem, 40% GOP, 15% Ind?

They are hitting all the candidates across the board, there's no Hillary-bashing conspiracy here.
There doesn't need to be a conspiracy for those questions to be awful. Asking three non-standard questions related to the slimy lady's integrity and illegal activity isn't really examining candidates across the board. Asking why she's not been indicted with the only two options being that there isn't enough proof that she did anything illegal or that Loretta Lynch is protecting her, with both answers essentially still implying illegality, is not a good question. Asking two questions that state she "mishandled classified emails" as a matter of record, which omits that she actually didn't given their post-hoc classification, are not good questions.

But they probably provide good infographics to run on air.

Allard

Holy shit, I thought you were kidding..

Meanwhile, Sanders has chimed-in on Killer Mike:
CbiVXxBVIAAO-_3.jpg

Ugh... I don't like the term putting someone under the bus, but he should have mentioned the lack of tact with the statement at minimum or said nothing at all. People don't say "Vote for me because I am man" because it has no significance other then being a callous and redundant message. There hasn't been a women president, just like before Obama there wasn't a president with his ethnicity. By calling attention to it, he belittles the fact that a woman hasn't been president before even if that isn't his intention.

is that Bernie himself?

you know that Onion bit about Trump's campaign coming to an end for the 7th time?

well this shit right here is the type of stuff that is going to bring Bernie's campaign to an end but for real (no Onions)

The SC LT. Governor is endorsing Trump. This is weird considering Gov. Haley supporting Rubio.

A quick check of Wikipedia says South Carolina is one of the states where the Governor and Lieutenant Governor are elected separately instead of as a unified ticket. If so, it makes sense that they might be a bit more independent of the Governor. Hopefully a South Carolinian can confirm that this is the case.

The Bushes being dynastic really has more basis. Although, I don't even know why they're bothering to ask specific questions about the big fat mess anymore.

I don't even know what "Do you think Ted Cruz has the personality to serve effectively as president?" is supposed to mean exactly.

For the overall poll, the mix is 43% Dem, 40% GOP, 15% Ind?

drastically oversampling GOP there, i think

My school is having the VP Debates.. That's pretty much one of the few things my school and the town is famous for..

Vince Gilligan and the Moton school are the others.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
JOE: You know, when I was in Congress, really, there was just this sentiment that people were tired of Bill Clinton and were ready to move on from the Clintons...

MIKA: ...Mmm...

JOE: ...and I think what we're seeing now is how I used to work for Ronald Reagan, and what voters are saying is that they just don't believe that Hillary Clinton is the right path for this country.

MIKA: We have a new ad from the Sanders campaign. Let us roll it here.

*ad plays depicting a pile of shit doing nothing for 60 seconds to Easy Lover*

JOE: Wow. I mean. First, you know I love Easy Lover. But that is a powerful ad. Bernie is just connecting with people in a way that Hillary Clinton can't. She's struggling. She's an untrustworthy bitch ho that nobody likes.

MIKA: ...

JOE: And, and, and, what people are saying is that the Iran deal is horrible and Clinton is, again...I mean, I'm going to say this on the air and I don't know if that's OK.

MIKA: Oh no...

JOE: Hillary Clinton is shrill and needs to stop yelling.

MIKA: Many voters are thinking that. That's reflected in a new poll showing Sanders down just 2 points in Hillary Clinton stronghold Oklahoma. Joining us here now is Hillary Clinton robobot and stupid moron Harold Ford Jr, NBC Embarrassing Sanders Bottomfeeder Casey Hunt, and Journalists-Turned-TMZ-Reporters John Heilemann and Mark Halperin.

JOE: Mark, John Heilemann, what do you make of the fact that Clinton is a stupid bitch?

HALPERIN: I think what we're seeing is a rejection of the dog bark that Hillary shrilled out two days ago. I think voters are really seeing her crack. It has nothing to do with poll tightening and an ideological divide amongst voters. Sources inside the Clinton campaign tell me...

HEILEMANN: And me. Definitely telling me too.

HALPERIN: That it's basically full on chaos in the Clinton campaign. Can she win another primary? Does she have red blood or green blood? Is she an alien bitch ho? Really no one is sure at this point and the momentum is with Sanders.

JOE: When I was in Congress, really, we never saw anything like this.

GEIST: *awkward nonblinking*

Well I'm glad for Bernie. Virtually no one thought he'd even get this far.

No point in watching Maddow tonight. She's going to be practically jumping for joy.

JOE: You know, when I was in Congress, really, there was just this sentiment that people were tired of Bill Clinton and were ready to move on from the Clintons...

JOE: ...and I think what we're seeing now is how I used to work for Ronald Reagan, and what voters are saying is that they just don't believe that Hillary Clinton is the right path for this country.

JOE: Wow. I mean. First, you know I love Easy Lover. But that is a powerful ad. Bernie is just connecting with people in a way that Hillary Clinton can't. She's struggling. She's an untrustworthy bitch ho that nobody likes.

JOE: And, and, and, what people are saying is that the Iran deal is horrible and Clinton is, again...I mean, I'm going to say this on the air and I don't know if that's OK.

MIKA: Many voters are thinking that. That's reflected in a new poll showing Sanders down just 2 points in Hillary Clinton stronghold Oklahoma. Joining us here now is Hillary Clinton robobot and stupid moron Harold Ford Jr, NBC Embarrassing Sanders Bottomfeeder Casey Hunt, and Journalists-Turned-TMZ-Reporters John Heilemann and Mark Halperin.

JOE: Mark, John Heilemann, what do you make of the fact that Clinton is a stupid bitch?

HALPERIN: I think what we're seeing is a rejection of the dog bark that Hillary shrilled out two days ago. I think voters are really seeing her crack. It has nothing to do with poll tightening and an ideological divide amongst voters.

Lololol

HylianTom

Banned

HALPERIN: I think what we're seeing is a rejection of the dog bark that Hillary shrilled out two days ago. I think voters are really seeing her crack. It has nothing to do with poll tightening and an ideological divide amongst voters. Sources inside the Clinton campaign tell me...

HALPERIN: That it's basically full on chaos in the Clinton campaign. Can she win another primary? Does she have red blood or green blood? Is she an alien bitch ho? Really no one is sure at this point and the momentum is with Sanders.

I just did a dramatic reading of this in my living room. Husband is in tears with laughter, especially at the Easy Lover & "alien bitch ho" parts.

This is AMAZING

Bernie went after Bill Clintons presidency too and basically said his record was crap and he hurt blacks.

This guy has no loyalty to the party and is going to be devastating to it.

I mean this guy is getting away with shitty on all the progress that has been made over the years because its not enough. It's not true progressivism. It's the same thing Cruz does.

NeoXChaos

Doug Adams &#8207;@DougNBC 14m14 minutes ago
NBC confirms Rep. Jim Clyburn will endorse @HillaryClinton Fri morning in Columbia. Hillary campaign in release calls it "momentous"
Ari Melber &#8207;@AriMelber 3m3 minutes ago
New: A suit challenging Ted Cruz's eligibility to be President will be heard TOMORROW by a court in Chicago. That was fast.

Cbiah06UMAQyPzv.jpg:large

aTTckr

How likely is the emergence of the left wing version of the tea party to persist in Democratic party if Hillary manages to become the nominee? Will the democrats have to live with a certain fraction of ideological extremists and fantasists within their party that will try to primary moderate Democrats, as we have seen happening with Republicans or will the support Sanders has found and created this primary season start to disappear if he were to lose to clinton? I feel like it may be difficult for the Democratic "establishment" to put the genie back in the bottle once a part of the Democratic base has set their mind on implementing Sanders' ideas while regarding everyone who doesn't agree with them as part of the establishment and thus as someone who has to be fought against (in a primary for example).

Where is that massive image from, and when did this trend of just posting images of articles become a thing?

Super curious about how people will react to Clyburn endorsing.

How likely is the emergence of the left wing version of the tea party to persist in Democratic party if Hillary manages to become the nominee? Will the democrats have to live with a certain fraction of ideological extremists and fantasists within their party that will try to primary moderate Democrats, as we have seen happening with Republicans or will the support Sanders has found and created this primary season start to disappear if he were to lose to clinton? I feel like it may be difficult for the Democratic "establishment" to put the genie back in the bottle once a part of the Democratic base has set their mind on implementing Sanders' ideas while regarding everyone who doesn't agree with them as part of the establishment and thus as someone who has to be fought against (in a primary for example).

The long he says in the more likely it is.

Warren has been around since the late 90s.

Jokes aside, Democrats are way more likely to believe in the party than Republicans are. There's no socialist trend here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom