• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Article's 8 years old. She's talking about Dodd Frank.

The original post was about comments Warren made in 2004. The article a poster showed was about a vote in 2001, the follow up article I found was also about 2001.

You have me confused now.

It's negative because he's not prepared and it shows.

Now we got a sound bite of me after commenting on sound bites! The cycle must go on!

I did point out that he wasn't strong on foreign policy... I ALSO think that his inability to be nuanced about it creates a strong contrast that makes it show.

Holmes

Can't believe how bad Sanders shit the bed with foreign policy. I think he had the opportunity to win the debate after the first half but he screwed up. The media's already been talking about Clinton's Wall Street donations for the past few days. They might have a new topic now with Sanders' wilful ignorance on foreign policy.

East Lake

True, he might have just gotten momentarily confused or flustered after misunderstanding the earlier question about the 3 countries. It happens.
It wasn't a misunderstanding but it's good to see you've conceded at least one of your points.

danm999

Now we got a sound bite of me after commenting on sound bites! The cycle must go on!

You just got 24 hour news cycle'd!

I did point out that he wasn't strong on foreign policy... I ALSO think that his inability to be nuanced about it creates a strong contrast that makes it show.

Look I don't think anybody expects him to be as strong as Clinton. Nor should his campaign, honestly they should be looking at it as practice should he get the nomination (as I said in the debate thread he won't face anyone as strong in FP as Clinton from the GOP).

But he can't keep running "I didn't vote for Iraq" as a foreign policy platform. He needs to change it up a little, work on his responses.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Feel like Clinton wrecked Sanders on the foreign policy bit, Sanders though got it back with the economic talk and the subtle shade throwing at Bill Clinton.

Iolo

Feel like Clinton wrecked Sanders on the foreign policy bit, Sanders though got it back with the economic talk and the subtle shade throwing at Bill Clinton.

Was it too subtle, though. You have to be versed already in the subject to understand the attack on the bill Bill signed.

Teggy

True, he might have just gotten momentarily confused or flustered after misunderstanding the earlier question about the 3 countries. It happens.

"Did you see Bernie Sanders last night? Nice guy, Bernie. A communist...but nice guy. Kind of reminds me of my grandpa. My grandpa, he used to get a bit confused when you asked him a question. Grandpa, he was great, though, the best, the best. But you know, you kind of had to keep an eye on him. You know, because he was up there in age. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some of my best friends are Bernie's age. But most of them are retired. They realized it was time to hang it up. But maybe Bernie knows better."

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
"Did you see Bernie Sanders last night? Nice guy, Bernie. A communist...but nice guy. Kind of reminds me of my grandpa. My grandpa, he used to get a bit confused when you asked him a question. Grandpa, he was great, though, the best, the best. But you know, you kind of had to keep an eye on him. You know, because he was up there in age. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some of my best friends are Bernie's age. But most of them are retired. They realized it was time to hang it up. But maybe Bernie knows better."

Some people are getting way too good at pretending they are Trump.

I heard Trump's voice when I read that. Good impersonation.

Trump turns 70 in June. Not sure he'd want to use that line of attack.

Tubie

I've been lurking this thread for a while now. Maybe I'll start posting more since it's an election year!

I think both Bernie or Hillary would be a million times better than the current crop of Republicans. So I'll be extremely happy with either of them as the democratic party's nominee.

The only republican I kinda fear is Rubio, just because he's vanilla enough to fool people into thinking he's not a far right neocon.

Has this been posted yet?

Yoe0AoB.png

Hopefully it'll be on YouTube or NBC's site tomorrow. From what I read, it was a really good exchange for Bernie. /s :)

I described it earlier as Palinesque, and I'm not joking. I'll be with Bernie if he ends-up with the nomination, but he scared the shit out of me last night.

I described it earlier as Palinesque, and I'm not joking. I'll be with Bernie if he ends-up with the nomination, but he scared the shit out of me last night.

I just read the transcript on NBCNew's site.

I'm not touching that with a ten foot poll. That was ridiculous. Wow.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm so PROUD of my QUEEN.

She needs to fine tune a few more answers. The answer on the speeches is better but still not great. Her answer on the Glass Steagall I thought is getting sharp. She has unfortunate positions on the death penalty (for the primary) and a few other issues. She's never going to be able to dress up the SuperPAC and stuff in a nice way unless she starts framing it as a necessity to beat the republicans. I'm not sure that will be popular.

I don't think she will change the minds of any core Bernie supporters (or even moderately core supporters) but she is not going to let him come out of a debate with MOMENTUM!!! narrative.

Nice, ABC really said fuck Florina you aint welcome in tomorrows debate?

respek

She will retaliate by leading a troupe of third graders to ABC headquarters to protest.

User 406

Banned
Some people are getting way too good at pretending they are Trump.

I don't think I've read a bad Trump impression yet. It's just way too easy. Just use short, common words, repeat phrases a lot, and be either blusteringly abusive or passive aggressive. Anyone who has heard him speak for five minutes can do it, because he's such a fuckin' simpleton.

FiggyCal

Banned
What's really weird is that none of the other candidates get criticized for the way they talk. Especially not Bernie or Trump.

She also suffers from the audacity of ambition. In some circles, any woman who dares think that she is entitled to her own voice is going to be attacked. I think a liberal woman has an even harder time than a more conservative one.

Trump's rambling nonsense, Bernie's eccentric gesticulation, and both of their accents are typically just taken as some sort of endearing. Although, I think it's not just that she's a woman, that's definitely part of it. But it's that she's Hillary Clinton.

Stray thought on the death penalty as I was reading through some coverage. While I think Sanders is right on this, from a political perspective I can see how it could backfire in a general election scenario were he to get to that point. As, for whatever reason, people in the US still support it in the majority.

In particular, I could see a line like how the government shouldn't be involved in "killing" being thrown back by a Rubio or Trump with regard to abortion rights i.e. in GOPspeak:
"So you don't want to kill murderers, but you're fine with killing babies."

I'm not sure if this is in part why Dem candidates generally demur from outright saying it should be banned and instead reserve it as a punishment for the "most heinous crimes." This is, to my knowledge, the position Obama used.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
He supports state authorized killing (you know, like against ISIS), just not, I suppose, against US citizens or outside of conventional warfare. I think this is a relatively common viewpoint, particularly in the "progressive caucus". IMO it's a winning argument in the primary but weak in the general. The death penalty is "popular".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom