• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of ridiculous for the interviewers to expect any candidate, whether Hillary, Bernie, Cruz, Trump etc to be able to answer the Apple Encryption situation. At least with any specificity.

How much do these people know about this at this moment?

Gonna point out that picking "electable" candidates hasn't worked since 2000 for either side (Kerry in 04, McCain in 08 and Hilary in '08, Romney in '12). I am seeing shades of Dean vs Kerry in '04, including the "the people I hire may not know how to run a campaign, and the head of the DNC is an idiot" bit.

This year is absolutely nothing like 2004. That year Dean was ahead for most of the previous year and then imploded. Here no one thought Sanders had a chance three months ago so its only now that they're looking at his proposals. One other difference is that unlike Dean, Sanders has actually managed to win a state outside of Vermont.

So watching this kind of reminded me of a Gail Collins column I read a little while back.
She called for an end to a tax loophole known as “carried interest” that’s beloved by hedge fund managers. Clinton wasn’t the first candidate on that particular bus, but what struck me was the time she took to explain how the system worked and how she was going to change it. She was totally fearless when it came to risking boredom in pursuit of an issue.
lol.

I wonder if she has a better answer to this central American children question since the debate.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump not stumped by Anderson somehow.

giphy.gif

Conservatives hate Trump, but they hate a Pope who suggests that the current system is strangling the global poor even more. Of course they were going to take Trump's side.

Honestly, the people getting pissed at Bernie remind me of the people who are still pissed at Nader, as though there is not a history of third parties being used as vehicles for protest. Dems never learn because they always assign the blame when they elect a weak GE candidate elsewhere, instead of consistently focusing on what works for them (i.e. young, charismatic candidates like Clinton and Obama). Only a quarter of the country actually identify as Democrats, and the ones that don't probably don't feel a strong loyalty to the party, itself.

VRMN

What does releasing transcripts have to do with gay marriage...

It felt like either he had two questions and butted in with the second one, or that he was trying to win a point against Clinton since he identified as a Sanders supporter.

Either way, non sequitur.

holy shit Trump was asked what he'd replace Obamacare with.

His answer is HSAs and allowing buying across state lines.

Literally the GOP talking points the last 10 years, sans tort reform.

Looking out for the common man! These voters suffering from economic anxiety under Obama might be suffering a bit more under Trump.

danm999

Gonna disappoint those people waiting for the pivot to the centre on healthcare, but he's been flirting with that idea since Carson mentioned it a few months ago so not surprising.

He's said this at previous debates, as well. It's a popular answer for people that want health coverage expanded but don't want it to be via the expansion of the welfare state. Whether it would actually work is dubious, but absent proof that it wouldn't work, it leaves just enough room to sound credible.

Edit: Good for Hillary being open about race, but I can't help but think it's coming now because she knows that she needs the loyalty African Americans and doesn't want to risk losing any to Bernie now that his path to the nomination basically requires a seismic shift among them. Not that it's a bad strategy.

Basically, it's the GOP health care plan of the past 10 years + expanded medicaid?

lol @ a GWB supporter asking about his attack on Bush lying.

Trump rambles so much, lolz. And he apparently has talked to everyone on Earth.

Yoda

I have no idea.

She "flip flopped" on marriage equality, or as she says, she evolved. Regardless what you call it, she only changed her view when the public sentiment made the stance easy to subscribe too.

So he's questioning her sincerity on regulating Wall St. and in order to trust her on said issue the voter wants to know how she talks to the investment banking elite behind close doors, especially when she's getting paid an egregiously large speaking fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom