• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's hard to know ahead of time though isn't it? It could be as useless as glass steagall for the next crisis if it comes through a different channel.

Indeed it could. Financial innovations occur everyday. And if all we do is demonize wall street and refuse to learn how it works, we won't be able to keep up with the correct policy prescriptions for each situation.

You asked me a way to solve systemic risk.

I offered you one that would quantitatively reduce it using principles long established in economics.

Do you want a perfect solution? A magic bullet? Those don't exist. This is the real world.

You know what, maybe there should be an econGAF thread. Then any regulars could take it upon themselves to post unemployment threads with all the prerequisite graphs, trend lines, and definitions.

Maybe that would stop all the bullshit.

You know what, maybe there should be an econGAF thread. Then any regulars could take it upon themselves to post unemployment threads with all the prerequisite graphs, trend lines, and definitions.

Nah they would simply ignore it ha.

It's amazing that conservatives can't even say "yea of course things are better now than when we were losing 800k jobs a month but that's a major bar of success, and furthermore blah blah blah." Instead they go off the deep end.

You'll never explain seasonable employment/hiring or progressive tax rates to these people.

Wilsongt

Can someone PLEASE explain Marco Rubio's idiotic comment about Obama visiting a mosque as being "divisive"? It's driving me nuts. It is, by all objective measures, the OPPOSITE of divisive. Exact opposite. So what the fuck is he talking about?

Rubio is an idiot who forgets Bush did it, too. He's already gotten slammed for it.

East Lake

Indeed it could. Financial innovations occur everyday. And if all we do is demonize wall street and refuse to learn how it works, we won't be able to keep up with the correct policy prescriptions for each situation.

You asked me a way to solve systemic risk.

I offered you one that would quantitatively reduce it using principles long established in economics.

Do you want a perfect solution? A magic bullet? Those don't exist. This is the real world.
I didn't ask for a magic bullet, but you started by saying Bernie doesn't know how to solve systemic risk, which may be accurate but on the other hand I don't think it makes to much sense to be particularly confident in knowing what will solve it as you've sorta agreed with. You could easily find yourself in a position after a future crisis to be hit over the head with the same critique.

I think we may have tried one at one point in time. I'm thinking when empty vessel posted here. I could be remembering things incorrectly. I would be interested in a thread though.

Teggy

Oh, Jeb, you rascal.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Big storm in New Hampshire. Moved my event to Monday. Will be there next four days.

he replies:

‏
@JebBush .@realDonaldTrump My 90 year old mother made it out to campaign. She met Destiny, age 5.

Bowdz

Oh, Jeb, you rascal.

he replies:

‏

Jeb coming back hard.

One of the best possible outcomes for NH would be Jeb finishing above Rubio. The establishment lane would remain fractured for a long time not to mention Jeb would be a far easier GE opponent than Rubio.

This meme from Trump supporters is magical:

CacwpwDUMAAfPc2.png

Would it basically you be teaching us noobs? I would be ok with a neuro/psych/brain gaf too to teach how all of us are slaves to shitty hardware.

Ecotic

Can someone PLEASE explain Marco Rubio's idiotic comment about Obama visiting a mosque as being "divisive"? It's driving me nuts. It is, by all objective measures, the OPPOSITE of divisive. Exact opposite. So what the fuck is he talking about?
Conservatives think Obama went to the mosque to implicitly criticize anyone who has problems with Muslims or Islam, anyone who thinks we're in a clash of civilizations, and anyone who supports Trump. So most Republicans or rural America.

So basically to co servatives Obama was saying to Muslims "You're great, don't let the mean spirited 'real' America tell you differently."

I think we may have tried one at one point in time. I'm thinking when empty vessel posted here. I could be remembering things incorrectly. I would be interested in a thread though.

Would it basically you be teaching us noobs? I would be ok with a neuro/psych/brain gaf too to teach how all of us are slaves to shitty hardware.

I think I'll do it, hopefully with less MMT this time.

econGAF |OT| Maybe the knowledge will trickle down

This Q poll is not legit. Everyone calm the fuck down.

Sanders beating Rubio. ��

I don't see how this is a stretch. Rubio is actually pretty close to a far-right extremist when you add up all his positions. People don't realize it because he looks like the grown-up version of Ricky and Lucy's son.

Wait until people actually campaign against him from the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom