• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Republicans think the federal government helps both the rich and the poor too much, Republicans overwhelmingly seen as the party of the rich, climate change and guns super low priorities compared to the economy, terrorism, and.... education?!

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2016...rnment-doesnt-do-enough-to-help-middle-class/

If this poll is true, odd that there has been so little detailed education discussion. Anti-Common Core and Bernie's free college plan are basically the only times education has been talked about on either side.

Eh, polls are polls. The Quinnipiac poll doesn't make much sense. When you have 1 million polls done, you will by chance have some outliers. Right now most polls suggest a 20 point or so national lead which is probably closer to reality.

I really don't know what the solution in Afghanistan is though... It's been invaded and at war near continuously since 1978, the Taliban are evil and will wipe away all progress that women have made in the country, but the current government seems to be such a failure that the Taliban have gotten back 30% of the country.

The country was a hellhole before you went in. It is a slightly-less-horrible hellhole while you're there. It will go back to being a hellhole the exact moment you leave and the puppets you set up fall, most likely in a very bloody fashion.

The solution would be a prolonged decades-long competent multinational effort to make the country stop being a hellhole.

This is my way of saying that the solution won't happen. Especially in times of Austerity, Ho!

The taliban are assholes, yes. You do plently of deals with assholes. Its part of being a global power.

Eh, polls are polls. The Quinnipiac poll doesn't make much sense. When you have 1 million polls done, you will by chance have some outliers. Right now most polls suggest a 20 point or so national lead which is probably closer to reality.

But the media then uses that one poll because it's so SHOCKING and the outlier becomes reality? Maybe.

So much tightening in NH! Not much discussion of Hillarymentum which is a real facT

Suffolk's Boston Globe poll

Sanders 50%
Hillary 41%

Ran from the 2nd to the 4th.

If Hillary could keep it within 10 that would be a huge victory. Just not a real victory.

I can't express enough how much I want these guys to go hard after Rubio in the debate tomorrow. Just absolutely maul him. Chris Christie has one job. I think Rubio is a horrible debater with abysmal improvisational skills. Then again, I thought Cruz would be DEFEAT TED after Trump New York Values and his awful last debate.

Fuchsdh

The country was a hellhole before you went in. It is a slightly-less-horrible hellhole while you're there. It will go back to being a hellhole the exact moment you leave and the puppets you set up fall, most likely in a very bloody fashion.

The solution would be a prolonged decades-long competent multinational effort to make the country stop being a hellhole.

This is my way of saying that the solution won't happen. Especially in times of Austerity, Ho!

The taliban are assholes, yes. You do plently of deals with assholes. Its part of being a global power.

It doesn't help that the only real things it has going for it at this point are opiates and minerals, neither of which have ever been a successful path for war-torn countries to mine for stability.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The last Quinnipiac Iowa poll had Sanders up by 3, so at the very least they were equal to selzer. On the republican side they had it almost exactly like Selzer.

Of course national polls are a whole different thing. But Quinnipiac did well in Iowa. Certainly much better than ppp, who had Clinton up by 8.

Caucuses are ridiculous to poll, though.

I can't express enough how much I want these guys to go hard after Rubio in the debate tomorrow. Just absolutely maul him. Chris Christie has one job. I think Rubio is a horrible debater with abysmal improvisational skills. Then again, I thought Cruz would be DEFEAT TED after Trump New York Values and his awful last debate.

I just wish Christie would stop referring to Rubio with "boy" and "child"... I know it's been used largely as an insult to black men instead of Hispanic men, but it still feels like super uncomfortable race-baiting.

Fuchsdh

I just wish Christie would stop referring to Rubio with "boy" and "child"... I know it's been used largely as an insult to black men, but it still feels like super uncomfortable race-baiting.

What are you talking about? I've never seen it used as a racial insult as opposed to trying to paint someone as callow and inexperienced.

Kangi

yup which is why I suspect NV will have very little polling.

There's next-to-no polling of it as it is, and it's a couple weeks away. Fivethirtyeight doesn't even have a forecast for it.

It's a shame, too. It's going to be a much more interesting state than NH (guaranteed Bernie win) and SC (guaranteed Hillary win).

What are you talking about? I've never seen it used as a racial insult as opposed to trying to paint someone as callow and inexperienced.

This was a huge thing in the South until recently. All black men were referred to as 'boy' no matter how old they were. If you want to test this, call a young black man boy and see what happens. Just make sure you've got a running car nearby.

Suffolk's Boston Globe poll

Sanders 50%
Hillary 41%

Ran from the 2nd to the 4th.

If Hillary could keep it within 10 that would be a huge victory. Just not a real victory.

Last poll by them was one of two polls (the other being PP lmao) to have Sanders over Clinton since August.

That 7 News tracking though. Worrisome for Sanders.

Last time around Clinton pull off a last minute win so... .

If he wants to get any meaningful push from NH, he has to win with a +20 lead. Otherwise his win will be underplayed.

ivysaur12

Banned
There's next-to-no polling of it as it is, and it's a couple weeks away. Fivethirtyeight doesn't even have a forecast for it.

It's a shame, too. It's going to be a much more interesting state than NH (guaranteed Bernie win) and SC (guaranteed Hillary win).

It's a closed primary with many Hispanic voters, so it would be a very hard hurdle for Bernie to climb unless something changes.

Oh trust me they will

Trump - Protect his lead, back in the debate deflecting everything
Bush - "Rubio Hasnt accomplished anything"
Cruz - needs to protect is no2 spot (which seems to be slipping)
Christie - lol, you already know (plus He's done if he doesnt place top 4)

Kasich and Carson are probably the only ones who wont touch him

Last poll by them was one of two polls (the other being PP lmao) to have Sanders over Clinton since August.

That 7 News tracking though. Worrisome for Sanders.

Last time around Clinton pull off a last minute win so... .

Naw, she won't do it. It would have to be a near perfect storm for her to even have a chance of getting within single digits.

The only possible way is if massive amounts of independents decide to jump ship and go in hard for the GOP clown car. Even then, it's unlikely that it'd be enough to flip anything.

The tracking poll is interesting because it does show slight movement towards her. No where near enough, and Bernie will comfortably win by double digits,
unfortunately

Rubio is going to get eaten alive tomorrow night by Christie and Bush.

It's the fight for establishment support and none of these guys want to go down without a fight. The problem is dumb Christie likes making anti-Democrat talking points and runs out of opportunities to tear into Rubio.

Marco "foam party" Rubio is the most rehearsed of all politicians. I wonder if my main man Donald will get a piece of him too

I cannot take OT political threads anymore at this point.

Leftists using political talking points straight from Republicans to diminish Obama's accomplishments like with unemployment, or blatantly lying about what Citizens United does.

It's like people desperately want easy solutions, to what they deem are really easy problems.

Being reductive and ignorant does not make things better. Like when people in the debate threads inevitably laugh when Hillary mentions shadow banks, when they are a super real thing that actually lead to the last recession.

They just want to hear, oh it was glass steagall, break up the banks, even though those aren't solutions. They do not solve systemic risk.

I'll just straight up say it. I know people concede that Sanders is weak on foreign policy, but I think Hills is stronger than Bernie on Wall Street. I don't think he actually understands how it works, or the legitimate things that it does.

Leftists using political talking points straight from Republicans to diminish Obama's accomplishments like with unemployment, or blatantly lying about what Citizens United does.

It's like people desperately want easy solutions, to what they deem are really easy problems.

Being reductive and ignorant does not make things better. Like when people in the debate threads inevitably laugh when Hillary mentions shadow banks, when they are a super real thing that actually lead to the last recession.

They just want to hear, oh it was glass steagall, break up the banks, even though those aren't solutions. They do not solve systemic risk.

I'll just straight up say it. I know people concede that Sanders is weak on foreign policy, but I think Hills is stronger than Bernie on Wall Street. I don't think he actually understands how it works, or the legitimate things that it does.

Every positive morsel of news for Sanders is a thread making opportunity. Endorsements, outlier polls, fund raising benchmarks.

Sanders supporters in real life I like. A lot of the internet Sanders brigade though I'm worried about.

I have no idea what they're gonna do when Hillary starts rolling off state after state victories. I am honestly worried about their mental health and well-being.

To be fair, now that I'm reading about it, the 2008 primary process was pretty darn nasty too.

Going to sell them for Hildawg's campaign? That's what a real Hilbot would do.

If it would help her numbers in New Hampshire...sure! :D I did get a call from the campaign asking if I'd let a volunteer sleep on my couch. I can't, since I'm telecommuting and my office is being super anal about everything....not that I would have anyway .

Can independents in NH vote in both primaries?

I don't think that would be legal, although a primary isn't the same as a regular campaign. But, no, they have to vote in one or the other.

Can someone PLEASE explain Marco Rubio's idiotic comment about Obama visiting a mosque as being "divisive"? It's driving me nuts. It is, by all objective measures, the OPPOSITE of divisive. Exact opposite. So what the fuck is he talking about?

East Lake

To be fair does anyone really know how to solve systemic risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom