• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 406

Banned
If Hillary is a hawk what does that make Ted Cruz ?

A hawk nobody likes.

hawkward.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Rubio ended up loading the next batch of his speeches fine. I think he recovered. Question is if the first 30 minutes was strong enough to knock him off.

User 406

Banned
What we need is an interview with Rubio where the interviewer says what Rubio is going to say at the same time just to fuck with him.

ICKE

Banned
I actually believe Trump was onto something when he said the there are a lot of donors in the audience. There has been virtually no enthusiasm there.

Even if he was wrong, it was a smart way to condition people. Many will believe now that this is the only reason why people might boo him.

Splendor

I think all governors see a few points boost and Rubio is the loser of the night for sure. Kaisch might get 2nd and Cruz could beat Rubio for 3rd (and if by some divine intervention Jeb also beats Rubio you may as well kill me now because nothing will be better).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If I had time I'd copy/paste everyone's freakout posts about Rubio last Monday and then follow it up with my post about taking it easy.

Rubio got crushed. Wasn't ready for prime time or the pressure of coming in as the guy with the target on his back. He could have gotten away with this on most nights given how weak the field is, however I thought multiple candidates did really good tonight. Christie was commanding from beginning to end. Kasich turned in a good performance. Even Bush did well overall. Cruz stumbled on waterboarding (I agree with him but clearly the base does not) but overall did well. Carson was bad as usual.

The brilliant thing about Christie's attack is that it colored the way I thought about every Rubio answer afterward. Even his good answers didn't resonate much with me because you could tell how canned they were. Sure, nearly everyone on stage gives canned answers. But hearing Rubio repeat his over and over made quite an impact.

Rubio was absolutely destroyed tonight. I am shocked it was Christie who went after him, but after him he went. That was freaking beautiful. I mean, Jeb! and Trump didn't even have to touch him. God, that was sexy as all hell.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm ecstatic. No way in hell is Rubio getting this. And if he does, so what.

I think people are reading a bit too far into this. The base will still vote for him even if Hillary breaks him literally in half. I don't think Him being a bad debater is great news...bush sucked too.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Also I know Christie is a sleazbag who's possibly criminal activity includes precisely fucking around his authority as an elected leader but was anyone else happy to just have a candidate who seemed to take some pride in using his position to help people? You can tell that Christie's scorn for senators because his job involves managing state activities day to day was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom