• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You win one Internet.

I mean, seriously though, what is up with Bernie's campaign doing shit like this? They steal data, but ooops not really. They put people down as foreign policy advisors who he met with once (maybe). They smear anyone and everyone that doesn't need gosh darn Bern cream to make it through they day. They steal the AARP logo to make it look like Bernie was endorsed by them. They pretend to be Union Workers to gain access to places they weren't supposed to be.

...but he's running a nice, clean campaign?! Come on now. Once is an instance, twice is a hobby, half dozen times is a damn addiction. Can anyone even remotely fathom the Reddit Rage if Hillary's people did anything even remotely close to this!?
Yup my opinion of the campaign just continues to sliiiiiide

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I want to make a thread. My first instinct is to wait till we have the identity of the person in question to avoid skepticism, but my second is that maybe that person's name doesn't need to get plastered across the internet. Thoughts?

Holmes

Here are the headlines we'll be getting on the eve of primary days for the next few months. Either,

1. Clinton's looking into shaking up her campaign!
2. The FBI is still looking into Clinton's emails!
3. Clinton's campaign is in a downward spiral!

Sometimes even all three! All while the shit Sanders' campaign does is forgiven all in the hopes of stroking that horse race narrative.

benjipwns

Banned
Here are the headlines we'll be getting on the eve of primary days for the next few months. Either,

1. Clinton's looking into shaking up her campaign!
2. The FBI is still looking into Clinton's emails!
3. Clinton's campaign is in a downward spiral!

Sometimes even all three! All while the shit Sanders' campaign does is forgiven all in the hopes of stroking that horse race narrative.

4. Former Secretary Clinton Indicted on Felony Charges, Suspends Campaign and Endorses Marco Rubio

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I want to make a thread. My first instinct is to wait till we have the identity of the person in question to avoid skepticism, but my second is that maybe that person's name doesn't need to get plastered across the internet. Thoughts?

Don't bother. I can already tell you how it ends.

Personally I think the thread will just become a shit show as any thread about Bernie/Hillary does, but if you want to make the thread I guess there's always room for one more.

Drakeon

Okay, Poligaf, let's say Republicans broker their convention. Which establishment candidate gets the nod?

With Rubio fucking up nigh-daily now, I'd say the most likely would still have to be Bush. But that's not to say I think it happens... I still think Trump wins.

Iolo

There's some talk from @Ralstonreports that the Culinary Union in NV could possibly endorse ahead of the caucus despite saying they wouldn't (if I'm understanding correctly). If you recall this was the union who had their members impersonated by Sanders staff.

Pastry

Banned
There's some talk from @Ralstonreports that the Culinary Union in NV could possibly endorse ahead of the caucus despite saying they wouldn't (if I'm understanding correctly). If you recall this was the union who had their members impersonated by Sanders staff.

What is this story? Haven't heard it.

Incredible. Parallels to Ron Paul fans are getting stronger every day.

Is Marco just going to keep doing this no matter how many friends he loses or people he leaves dead and bloodied along the way, just so he can make a name for himself, no matter how many friends he loses or people he leaves dead and bloodied along the way?

When considering both his policy and electability, I think I had always considered Rubio the scariest candidate. These recent meltdowns have me smiling.

Tesseract

Banned
Well too late. I just want to get more eyes on this thing, regardless of how the actual dialogue goes. Its important stuff like that is seen

if that's really the road we're taking together, the mutuality of onslaught is gonna be ultimate warrior shove that plane into a nosedive ... ~

we is danny devito, preferably jeff goldblum. eric andre at worst.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Is Marco just going to keep doing this no matter how many friends he loses or people he leaves dead and bloodied along the way, just so he can make a name for himself, no matter how many friends he loses or people he leaves dead and bloodied along the way?

It'll be funny to see the GOP faction that ran away from Bush run back to him after pushing him to drop out.

I love this campaign season.

kirblar

I like Kasich, but me thinks he doesn't have chance to get the nom. He's a no-name to many southern households.
The problem is that the establishment (aka the Kochs) hate him. And his net favorable are barely above positive with the GOP voters for the same reason - he gives real answers to some questions that aren't what the base wants to hear.

Kasich is their only hope. They'll do anything to win, but they won't do that.

He is not braggadocious enough for the current GOP field to get any airtime.

That said I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up as VP pick as he hasn't really made any enemies and has theoretical Ohio bonus points.

benjipwns

Banned
The problem is that the establishment (aka the Kochs) hate him. And his net favorable are barely above positive with the GOP voters for the same reason - he gives real answers to some questions that aren't what the base wants to hear.
How is somebody who served 18 years in the House, is running for President his second time, has all the "right" positions on immigration, etc., hosted a show on Fox News for six years, and worked for Lehman Brothers not an establishment candidate?

EDIT: Endorsed by Trent Lott, Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Sununu, Dick Armey

NeoXChaos

CavHZbnW0AAdQMV.jpg

You are a mess for that Nevada story, Neo.

Sanders kind of won already? I mean, he has already created a political movement that hopefully will see the results in whoever the Dem nominee is in 4 or 8 years. The Dems will be more like Sanders and less like Clinton from now on.

kirblar

How is somebody who served 18 years in the House, is running for President his second time, has all the "right" positions on immigration, etc., hosted a show on Fox News for six years, and worked for Lehman Brothers not an establishment candidate?

EDIT: Endorsed by Trent Lott, Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Sununu, Dick Armey
Because the "establishment" (aka the money/donors) are avoiding him like the plague. They coalesced around Jeb Bush, for fuck's sake. JEB!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Chris Christie fucking broke that man's soul.

Someone get Clint Eastwood on the line we got a new American Sniper.

Interesting stats from NH in 2008: Obama got 60% of the 18-24 vote and won that demographic handily, but lost the 25-29 vote to Hillary. Obama had 35% among that bracket while Hillary had 37%. Hillary also won every age bracket 40 & up. I know Sanders has a healthy lead in NH, but I'm curious to see if Hillary still wins among older voters. Since it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Bernie will win, I think just about the only thing that could hurt Hillary is if she loses the 65+ demographic as well, allowing for the narrative that Bernie isn't just relying on the youth vote. Otherwise, I can't see any results in NH really shaking things up on the dem side. I guess if Hillary finishes within 10 or maybe 12 points of Sanders that would help, but it seems unlikely at this point.

edit- if that's how Hillary's faring among 18-34 year old women, is it possible that Bernie will crack 90% support among men in that age range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom