• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
All right. When will Hillary take the gloves off in the debates? Because rewatching her vs Obama....

She could've easily stole his soul the way Christie did Rubio, yet she chooses not to...

Being aggressive can also backfire - what did that get Christie?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Good call freaking out about Rubio after Iowa, guys.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I fully expect Carson to support Trump when he drops out, too, which will help Trump.

This defensive embargoed Hilary letter they are talking about on how they can win is cringey. I am so confused by her campaign leadership.

Depends on where each side goes, really. I don't think it's been THAT bad, but it's certainly annoying.

She has a demo problem. She needs to figure it out. She really, really does.

It looks like she does, but that depends on if it is an IW and NH thing . She probably won't have a demo problem further south. Either way she did pretty bad even if it was expected to that she will get around 10% - 15%. She'll most likely change strategies now.

danm999

This defensive embargoed Hilary letter they are talking about on how they can win is cringey. I am so confused by her campaign leadership.

Right? They're screaming they knew they'd lose (which to be fair, we all knew) but you'd think they'd at least pretend to be surprised.

kirblar

All right. When will Hillary take the gloves off in the debates? Because rewatching her vs Obama....

She could've easily stole his soul the way Christie did Rubio, yet she chooses not to...
She knows it will backfire because his appeal isn't really one where a rational hard-edged argument actually works.

Her current tactic is to let him expose himself as being really really under-prepared at the debates, which seems like it's working. She has to go in the tank w/ her team and sort this stuff out though.

I don't see what the big deal is, EVERYBODY knew she was losing tonight, and they are acting shocked that they were expecting the loss

gaugebozo

Wiggum.gif

Her message is I am Obama's 3rd term. I'm perfectly fine with that.

Seems more like her message is "I'm a woman and I am Obama's 3rd term." And the collective response of many, especially younger people, seems to be "so?" Which goes back to candidates mattering. Obama didn't explode because he's black. He was the right candidate in a way Jesse Jackson Jr. isn't, for instance. I'm not seeing the historical nature of Hillary's campaign being particularly effective. But it's early...we'll see.

I think Elizabeth Warren would have been able to do this more effectively, for instance. She's a good politician, Hillary isn't.

Plinko

Guys, Donald Trump won a primary.

Think about that. Donald Trump.

kirblar

Seems more like her message is "I'm a woman and I am Obama's 3rd term." And the collective response of many, especially younger people, seems to be "so?" Which goes back to candidates mattering. Obama didn't explode because he's black. He was the right candidate in a way Jesse Jackson Jr. isn't, for instance.

I think Elizabeth Warren would have been able to do this more effectively, for instance.
Warren combines the issues of both Clinton and Sanders into one amazingly unelectable candidate. (And I say this as someone who likes her.) Contrarians and the leadership position are normally not a good mix.

The identity politics angle really has to be dropped. Sadly, they won't be able to muzzle people outside of the campaign from making those bad arguments.

Plinko

Does Jebmentum get any media coverage this week? He actually did decently.

Warren combines the issues of both Clinton and Sanders into one amazingly unelectable candidate. (And I say this as someone who likes her.) Contrarians and the leadership position are normally not a good mix.

If the GOP actually nominates Trump, then Warren could have won in a walk. But who saw that coming six months ago? Not Warren or Biden, obviously.

Seems more like her message is "I'm a woman and I am Obama's 3rd term." And the collective response of many, especially younger people, seems to be "so?" Which goes back to candidates mattering. Obama didn't explode because he's black. He was the right candidate in a way Jesse Jackson Jr. isn't, for instance.

I think Elizabeth Warren would have been able to do this more effectively, for instance. She's a good politician though.

Elizabeth would probably be a better Bernie. I wonder since I don't watch speeches or rallies from anyone really; how did she campaign? The economist article seems to be right at least in some case. She really isn't blowing the world on fire and new election people are basically are bored and want a fresh face at least in some case. It is going to be very hard for Hillary to portray herself that way.

Although, all this is probably premature at this point, what matters is how Hillary adapts now and how the rest of the early states reacts.

Elizabeth would probably be a better Bernie. I wonder since I don't watch speeches or rallies from anyone really; how did she campaign? The economist article seems to be right at least in some case. She really isn't blowing the world on fire and new election people are basically are bored and want a fresh face at least in some case. It is going to be very hard for Hillary to portray herself that way.

Russ Feingold would've been my choice for a superior Bernie. God I wish he had won reelection.

Plinko

Glad Rubio is getting crushed here, but I do worry a bit about Cruz pulling off a lot of states soon because of the far right. The guy is a nut and would be the scariest GE candidate in decades.

Dave Wasserman ‏@Redistrict 3m3 minutes ago
Bad news for Hillary: she's on track to get clobbered tonight. Good news for Hillary: Marco Rubio is on track to get clobbered tonight.

Disappointing because I was hoping for some sort of a comeback. 10-12% margin for Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom