• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the Clinton camp knew she was a weak candidate. Will this thread ever agree?

CuadXSmWcAEP6Bl.jpg:large

If she's a weak candidate because emails and "trust" then the american people just wanted a republican presidency and were looking for an excuse for it.

And no.

She's a great candidate, she's been weakened by this bullshit idea she's untrustworthy and lies. The right wing conspiracy worked.

WTF does weak candidate mean? She's has an amazing record. She's easily the most qualified and the best prepared for the job.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Of course she is. She has a TON of baggage. That's why I'm worried about 2020, but there's still plenty of time between now and then.

So long as she can manage to play error free ball for the next two or three years she'll be fine. I mean, at this point what's there left to hit her with? Voters aren't going to want to deal with the same shit two cycles in a row.

Down from 2012 too? I hadn't expected that.

That debate was the important one, Obama messed up his first go and people wanted to see if he'd do it again. This debate was just billed as more of the same, only with grabbing pussies.

Grief.exe

Damn, I didn't know viewership was down compared to the 2nd debate of 2012 too. That's kind of crazy.

Same with the vice presidential debate compared to past vice presedential debates.

I subscribe to the theory that a record amount of people watched the first debate on TV, made their decision, now it's over.

benjipwns

Banned
So long as she can manage to play error free ball for the next two or three years she'll be fine. I mean, at this point what's there left to hit her with? Voters aren't going to want to deal with the same shit two cycles in a row.
Four years of wars that loot the treasury to pay off Wall Street and the Clinton Foundation while sending the troops into combat naked without weapons.

Also, gays getting abortion rights.

impirius

I'm not sure which is my favorite. The completely literal labels (e.g. children labeled "our precious children"), the labels that make an assertion with no explanation (e.g. the grim reaper labeled "public transportation"), or the multilabels using parentheses or arrows (e.g. "no good clerk (old hag)").
(I'm just gonna stop editing this post because I've written and deleted three different arguments)

I'd make an INNOCENT CITIZENS shirt for Halloween if I thought anyone would get it.

Even the Clinton camp knew she was a weak candidate. Will this thread ever agree?

She's gotten the second and third highest number of votes of any candidate in a primary ever.

I really wish people like you would name these fabled candidates you think would be doing better than she is. It's honestly sad that you can't.

Boke1879

Same with the vice presidential debate compared to past vice presedential debates.

I subscribe to the theory that a record amount of people watched the first debate on TV, made their decision, now it's over.

Pretty much. First debate was hyped up lots tuned in. Saw Trump for what he was. I think decisions are largely made and I feel the 3rd debate will have even less eyes on it.

Also why are you guys engaging in things that have nothing to do with anything? Why are we even talking about how "weak" of a candidate she is when she won last night, Trump has audio and video of him talking about sexual assault and the GOP is damn near in the midst of a civil war?

Even when we're clearly winning I think some of yall want us to be losing.

Amir0x

Banned

She is not a "weak candidate", unless what defines weak is how often people smear her with abject bullshit. Republicans have dug into her for 25 years with fake investigations and scandals with the express purpose of stopping her rise to the presidency and she has taken every single hit and continues to succeed at everything she does. She is STILL going to be president. It is remarkable, frankly.

Whenever she is on a job, her approval ratings soar because she is extremely effective and a ridiculously hard worker and apparently quite warm and beloved even by Republicans who worked with her in the Senate.

I view it another way: no candidate on this fucking planet would take the unending hits Hillary has and still win and act as an effective leader. Someone who can sit as insane people question her for 11 hours and still embarass all her opponents, sit as her husbands infidelities are repeatedly brought up and thrown in her face, as nearly every fucking negative claim that is thrown at her proves false (just check how many lies are out there about Hillary on snopes) and she just dusts it off and still wins.

Maybe your definition of strong is different than mine, but ill define it as someone who walks through near-literal hellfire and still sticks her middle finger up the ass of her opponents. Just me though.

Hilary is such a weak candidate that no one else was able to consolidate the democratic party in a different direction. So weak that 30 years of "scandal" has yet to bring her down.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why do y'all engage?

No offense, but this really comes off as "Please don't have a conversation with anybody I don't agree with." It's a valid topic. If you don't want to participate in that conversation, fine, but we had a mod in here yesterday already warning people about this kind of exclusive attitude.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Just over 5 hours until Priebus' RNC conference call. I don't think anything will happen until after that.

Does no one remember when Biden ran in the 2008 primary? He didn't even make it to New Hampshire. Uncle Joe is great in small doses but it would not translate in a long campaign.

If Biden made it past the primaries, I think it would've been fairly smooth sailing, but I find that unlikely. I do wonder how the votes would've be split between Hillary, Bernie and Biden though.

No offense, but this really comes off as "Please don't have a conversation with anybody I don't agree with." It's a valid topic. If you don't want to participate in that conversation, fine, but we had a mod in here yesterday already warning people about this kind of exclusive attitude.
Sure, there's a discussion there. But not when it's the same thing over, and over and over. But, this is a community where anyone can talk about anything they want. And that's great. But, I just don't see the point in getting fired up when we know what the angle is going to be. But, I'm no ones boss, so everyone should just tell me to shut the hell up. :)

A plagiarist who is less progressive...

Riiiight.
A plagiarist in 1988, this is like saying Gore's 2000 candidacy was soomed because he smoked weed a long time ago. It's way less important than the emails issue, which hasn't seemed to sink her.

The Crime Bill could be a real issue, but otherwise he's a highly prominent Democrat with a long history of public service who could reasonably take the mantle as Obama's successor. I don't know if he would beat Hillary in the primary but I definitely think he would be a stronger GE candidate.

Amir0x

Banned
So does anyone have an argument about why she is a weak candidate that doesnt involve fake controversies around emails and wall street transcripts and incorporates how she has succeeded at every turn despite being weak? Because according to fact checkers, she is also one of the most honest presidential candidates ever.

You may disagree with her approach to policy, but that does not define weakness as a candidate.

And no, Bernie did not come close to beating her. stahp.

Boke1879

Just over 5 hours until Priebus' RNC conference call. I don't think anything will happen until after that.

I think it's going to be on the same level of what Ryan said. They'll probably pull money away from Trump and focus on their congressional seats. This is just evidence they don't feel confident in Trump after last night.

Seems Pence is going to be there until the bitter end.

So does anyone have an argument about why she is a weak candidate that doesnt involve fake controversies around emails and wall street transcripts and incorporates how she has succeeded at every turn despite being weak? Because according to fact checkers, she is also one of the most honest presidential candidates ever.

And no, Bernie did not come close to beating her. stahp.

There's the part where she has historically bad favorables. The controversies being fake doesn't make them any less damaging.

BSsBrolly

Banned
There's the part where she has historically bad favorables. The controversies are fake doesn't make the public like her any more.

20+ years of fake scandals and political smears will do that to ya.

Edit: was that a stealth edit? I swear I didn't read that second sentence (clearly lol).

The thing people don't get by saying "Hillary is a bad candidate, _____ would have done better" is that the Fox News / Drudge / Brietbart deplorables have hated Hillary Clinton for decades. She's enemy #1 for these people.

This fracture of the republican party is solely based on Satan Hillary vs. Bad Direction Hillary. If it wasn't Hillary as the opponent, as a Republican congressman, it would have been easy to renounce Trump and wipe your hands clean. Guess what happens if they try to renounce now? "BUT CROOKED HILLARY!"

Put another way: No one could have destroyed the Republican party the way Hillary has.

Fuchsdh

Don't Dead. Open Inside.

/r/dontdeadopeninside

The thing people don't get by saying "Hillary is a bad candidate, _____ would have done better" is that the Fox News / Drudge / Brietbart deplorables have hated Hillary Clinton for decades. She's enemy #1 for these people.

This fracture of the republican party is solely based on Satan Hillary vs. Bad Direction Hillary. If it wasn't Hillary as the opponent, as a Republican congressman, it would have been easy to renounce Trump and wipe your hands clean. Guess what happens if they try to renounce now? "BUT CROOKED HILLARY!"

Put another way: No one could have destroyed the Republican party the way Hillary has.

On the other hand I don't see how Trump would even be as close in the polls as he is if his opponent was someone more "generic D" like Kaine. It'd be a competent white man instead of the Evil Witch Queen they'd spent decades building up. Either way I don't see how the Republicans wouldn't be screwed with Trump on the ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom