• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaros

A plagiarist in 1988, this is like saying Gore's 2000 candidacy was soomed because he smoked weed a long time ago. It's way less important than the emails issue, which hasn't seemed to sink her.

The Crime Bill could be a real issue, but otherwise he's a highly prominent Democrat with a long history of public service who could reasonably take the mantle as Obama's successor. I don't know if he would beat Hillary in the primary but I definitely think he would be a stronger GE candidate.

And yet the majority of anti-Hillary sentiment is grounded in the same time frame.

Only absolving Biden of his past problems is not going to happen.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You know Biden would have been hit with some sex scandal eventually.

Amir0x

Banned
There's the part where she has historically bad favorables.

Because of fake contoversies drummed up by Republicans. And she doesnt have historic unfavorables anymore in the polls. And she has hugely high polling numbers during every job she has had. And she still wins!

A plagiarist in 1988, this is like saying Gore's 2000 candidacy was soomed because he smoked weed a long time ago. It's way less important than the emails issue, which hasn't seemed to sink her.

The Crime Bill could be a real issue, but otherwise he's a highly prominent Democrat with a long history of public service who could reasonably take the mantle as Obama's successor. I don't know if he would beat Hillary in the primary but I definitely think he would be a stronger GE candidate.

Biden has plenty of baggage that no one brings up because there's no reason to. In the GE he'd get hit with:

-- Working with Jesse Helms to end mandated busing to integrate schools.
-- Voting for the war in Iraq
-- Being one of the main sponsors of the 2001 bill to make it harder to get rid of credit card debt in bankruptcy.
-- Long standing rumors that he was a serious player in the senate. Especially with Trump with race.

MSNBC is putting that bozzo who asked the final question on TV.

worst, dumbest, waste of time question ever.

so many important issues... "name something nice about your uh opponent... derp""

stupid question

giphy.gif

benjipwns

Banned
Biden has plenty of baggage that no one brings up because there's no reason to. In the GE he'd get hit with:

-- Working with Jesse Helms to end mandated busing to integrate schools.
-- Voting for the war in Iraq
-- Being one of the main sponsors of the 2001 bill to make it harder to get rid of credit card debt in bankruptcy.
-- Long standing rumors that he was a serious player in the senate. Especially with Trump with race.
Is he still boasting about being the one who wrote the Patriot Act?

Dierce

These racist assholes have no place in politics. I hope the republican party implodes and they realize that the only way forward is to shun those deplorable people.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Because of fake contoversies drummed up by Republicans.

Fake controversies with real effects. E-mails/Benghazi have hurt her. Whether this is fair or not is irrelevant. People do not like her. PoliGAF loves to deny this but it is the truth.

So does anyone have an argument about why she is a weak candidate that doesnt involve fake controversies around emails and wall street transcripts and incorporates how she has succeeded at every turn despite being weak? Because according to fact checkers, she is also one of the most honest presidential candidates ever.

You may disagree with her approach to policy, but that does not define weakness as a candidate.

And no, Bernie did not come close to beating her. stahp.

I think it stems from Republicans(and the far left) being able to hit her a lot of bullshit, along with high unfavorables, instead of a candidate without much of a controversial history for an opponent to hit back on.

It becomes less about policy platform, and more about what can be used to attack her character, which was in question from the get go from a lot of people, regardless of the authenticity of those attacks. She's been front in center in the political spotlight for decades, lots of history there, and lots of nonsense to go along with it that people eat the fuck up. (which isn't to say she's perfect by any means, but it's insane what she's had to deal with)

Because of fake contoversies drummed up by Republicans. And she doesnt have historic unfavorables anymore in the polls. And she has hugely high polling numbers during every job she has had. And she still wins!
Give it time. She'll have good favorables when she's in office and people find out that's actually competant and not this caricature. Happened to her when she ran for Senate. Her favorables dropped as soon as she ran against Rudy/Lazio for Senate seat, went back up as she came into office. Sank again when she ran against Obama, went back up as she became Sec of State. Again sank as she started her 2016 bid.

Trump having a not disaster debate (remember this is a graded curve for him, he did have a horrible debate, but he gets like 3 graded levels added to his score) is the best thing that could have happened.

@SpeakerRyan just came back on call to clarify to angry members he is NOT unendorsing Trump

So he's giving his House members zero cover if they need to bail, basically saying that if you want to leave the ship you can-but it's your dick in the wind and I won't help you deal with the fallout.

Dude's a spineless pile of jello. What a disaster.

Boke1879

Trump having a not disaster debate (remember this is a graded curve for him, he did have a horrible debate, but he gets like 3 graded levels added to his score) is the best thing that could have happened.

and yet he didn't even win lol. Now whatever is going on with the GOP will have to get coverage lol

NeoXChaos

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 5s5 seconds ago
New natl NBC/WSJ poll (conducted after Fri news but before debate)
HRC 46
Trump 35
Johnson 9
Stein 2

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 1m1 minute ago
Two-way in new natl NBC/WSJ (conducted after Fri news but before debate)
HRC 52
Trump 38

Fake controversies with real effects. E-mails/Benghazi have hurt her. Whether this is fair or not is irrelevant. People do not like her. PoliGAF loves to deny this but it is the truth.

And yet she's received the second and third highest vote totals in Democratic Presidential History, and yet she has high approval ratings when she's actually doing the work after being elected and not campaigning, and yet it took a literal once in a life time candidate to defeat her in 08...

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I think it's going to be on the same level of what Ryan said. They'll probably pull money away from Trump and focus on their congressional seats. This is just evidence they don't feel confident in Trump after last night.

Seems Pence is going to be there until the bitter end.

Yeah. I don't expect a swathe of unendorsements yet, just some "positioning" for when the next shoe drops.

Holy Shitballs.

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 55s55 seconds ago
new NBC/WSJ national likely-voter poll after tape release: Clinton leads Trump by 11 in 4-way race, by 14 in 2-way race (52%-38%)

Debirudog

You kinda have to expect people would react negatively every time someone brings up a replacement to a potential female president. I like Biden but I want President Hillary.

berzeli

Banned
Even the Clinton camp knew she was a weak candidate. Will this thread ever agree?

CuadXSmWcAEP6Bl.jpg:large
That email was sent to the Clinton camp (Podesta) from a Sanders supporter (Brent Budowsky). So not exactly proof that they "knew".

This is why I fucking hate wikileaks just dumping emails, people do not check up on even the most elementary aspects of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom