• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would actually be awesome

Why? All that does is empower the most Conservative Dem to grandstand for whatever pet-project they're concerned about that week to ensure important initiatives pass.

It would make Kaine the most relevant VP in a generation that hasn't shot a friend in the face

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Dem House or we have failed

I don't think the polling really shows a solid chance of that.

It would probably take Trump telling his supporters not to bother showing up to vote because the system is rigged in order for Democrats to take the House.

Or some other colossal Trump campaign screwup that otherwise depresses the conservative turnout. This mythical n-word video for example would probably help make more people want to disassociate themselves and want to stay home.

So apparently there were downticket questions in that NBC/WSJ poll?

Burr and Ross are tied at 46%. That, to me, would signal that Ross would be able to pull it out with superior ground game on the Dem side.

The Now-Cast also has Dems with a 70.9% chance of taking the Senate, with Kander at 46% and Ross at 47%.

A tape of him trashing poors wouldn't hurt him. No one thinks of themselves as poor, just temporarily displaced millionaires.

The best tape would be one in which he makes fun of religion or Christians. Or, hell, the GOP as a whole

I don't think Trump will be a downballot disaster because modern conservatism in the US is fundamentally broken and won't be fixed until a new generation of Republicans gets old enough to get into office with the goal of being the anti-Trump. Too many older GOP voters deluding themselves into thinking their entire party isn't rotten to the core right now.

Of course that new generation of Republicans will have to fight with shitty young Trump supporters. Good luck to them.

I can accept not considering the Gulf of Mexico part of the Atlantic Ocean for the purposes of this map, but counting the Delaware River at the same time seems a bit of a stretch.

Ashodin

So apparently there were downticket questions in that NBC/WSJ poll?

Burr and Ross are tied at 46%. That, to me, would signal that Ross would be able to pull it out with superior ground game on the Dem side.

The Now-Cast also has Dems with a 70.9% chance of taking the Senate, with Kander at 46% and Ross at 47%.
I will be voting the absolute shit out of Ross on Nov 8

I don't think Trump will be a downballot disaster because modern conservatism in the US is fundamentally broken and won't be fixed until a new generation of Republicans gets old enough to get into office with the goal of being the anti-Trump. Too many older GOP voters deluding themselves into thinking their entire party isn't rotten to the core right now.

Of course that new generation of Republicans will have to fight with shitty young Trump supporters. Good luck to them.

I think the alt-right are the new generation of the GOP. I rarely ever see or hear from any Reaganite younger Republicans. If so, they are extremely screwed in future presidential elections.

Ecotic

This is the Atlantic Ocean, as commonly accepted by basically everyone. In a hypothetical alternate timeline the independent Republic of Texas would not be a landlocked country.

zh-map.gif

Christine

So are bays with brackish water sorta-oceans?

Kind of, yeah. Freshwater bays have become oceanic and vice versa, when this happens the ecosystem fundamentally changes. Ocean life will intrude into portions of the bay as the composition of the water becomes more ocean-like.

Gamergate has shown us that the molten core of shitheads and oven-meme connoisseurs will stick around, scaring off any voter who isn't already a festering asshole. But "Conservatives" will shift back to historical norms within the GOP by 2018, hoping the rest of the country forgets that they nominated a proto-fascist clown for POTUS. I would bet the gender-gap reverts to 2014-like spreads as White suburban moms forget how their male counterparts left them out to dry while cheering for Trump.

Demographics are what will kill the national GOP, and force changes in policy.

I think the alt-right are the new generation of the GOP. I rarely ever see or hear from any Reaganite younger Republicans. If so, they are extremely screwed in future presidential elections.
someone should probably analyze young GOP voters because this is interesting. I wouldn't be shocked if the younger ones end up being more overtly racist than their parents because of the "PC culture" surrounding them on the internet.

Last Week Tonight had this video called The inner workings of the most patient man in politics. It's about the dude who answers c-span callers. So good lol.

A tape of him trashing poors wouldn't hurt him. No one thinks of themselves as poor, just temporarily displaced millionaires.

The best tape would be one in which he makes fun of religion or Christians. Or, hell, the GOP as a whole

He'd have to be talking specifically about GOP voters and how easily manipulated they are. If it's about GOP politicians it won't do a damn thing.

someone should probably analyze young GOP voters because this is interesting. I wouldn't be shocked if the younger ones end up being more overtly racist than their parents because of the "PC culture" surrounding them on the internet.

I think we're ignoring Libertarian-ish Conservatives. Take a look at the revulsion of College-Republicans to Trump. I forsee a not-insignificant portion moving to incorporate the social policies of Libertarians into the standard GOP fiscal philosophy. It's where the "intellectuals" of the party wanted to go after 2012.

The WhiteNat'lists and meme-magic dorks scare women, and will eventually eat themselves through successive purity purges.

We need these two things to happen:

1. "Coal miners are idiots, why would anyone want to work in that kind of job? Those jobs are gonna be dead in 10 years!"

2. "Religious people are the biggest saps ever. You could get caught beating the shit out of the Pope and get away with it in their eyes so long as you're holding a bible."

1. "Coal miners are idiots, why would anyone want to work in that kind of job? Those jobs are gonna be dead in 10 years!"

2. "Religious people are the biggest saps ever. You could get caught beating the shit out of the Pope and get away with it in their eyes so long as you're holding a bible."

Beating the shit out of the Pope wouldn't hurt him among evangelicals. It'd be a feature not a bug.

Magni

Can Trump string so many words together though?

1. "Coal miners. Idiots. Idiots. Why would anyone. Idiots. That job is for idiots. No jobs for them real soon. Trust me."

2. "Religious folks. Total saps. I could knock the shit out of the Pope. Grab him by the pussy. They'll still love me when I show them the Bible. Worst saps."

"he's just saying that because he has to. we know what he's really going to do".

Ayup

Literally the only thing that would deter his voters at this point is a tape where he claims to support the message and tactics of BLM, and that he wishes he could live to see White people as a minority in the US and that he supports reparations.

Has anyone ever asked Trump for his position on white genocide?

"Wow. Why would you even say, or suggest, something like that. I mean, Trump's supporters are down on their luck working class people*, not racists" - said white TV punditry.

*casually ignoring all those pesky minority working class people.

Bowdz

This is awesome to see:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...aign-to-raise-money-for-firebombed-gop-office

The Hill said:
Democrats have launched a GoFundMe campaign to raise $10,000 to help reopen a firebombed Republican county office in North Carolina.

“As Democrats, we are starting this campaign to enable the Orange County, North Carolina Republican office to reopen as soon as possible,” the page says.

Just four hours after the donation page launched, almost $8,500 had been raised.
Police said Sunday that a bottle of flammable liquid was thrown into the building housing the county’s headquarters in Hillsborough.

“The office itself is a total loss,” said the head of the state Republican party Dallas Woodhouse. “The only thing important to us is that nobody was killed, and they very well could have been.”

A glimmer of hope in an otherwise bitter election season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom