• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of maps that makes conservatives' heads explode, I love those county-by-county maps that show a sea of red with small clumps of blue. "HOW CAN LIBERALS WIN WHEN THIS MAP IS ALL RED?" Because empty land doesn't vote, geniuses.

Dany

Banned
but an L shape red is needed for internet validity

7xWbJ.png

Iolo

Speaking of maps that makes conservatives' heads explode, I love those county-by-county maps that show a sea of red with small clumps of blue. "HOW CAN LIBERALS WIN WHEN THIS MAP IS ALL RED?" Because empty land doesn't vote, geniuses.

Brings back memories of the New York Democratic primary.

Ooof, ugly numbers for the GOP out of Clark County (Vegas)

@RalstonReports
Clark County announces it has more than 1 million registered voters. Real news: GOP<30 percent. Dems have 140K lead. Reg closes Tuesday.

Cu7lvErUEAA3a0z.jpg:large

EDIT: Obama got 389,936 votes out of Clark. Romney got 289,053.

Crayons

Banned
Oh, come on. I can't have the election be this much of a blowout. It'll make my party too boring. How am I supposed to have an exciting party when Clinton wins every swing state and then some?

Ooof, ugly numbers for the GOP out of Clark County (Vegas)

EDIT: Obama got 389,936 votes out of Clark. Romney got 289,053.

Clark county is only one congressional district, anyway, and it was already solid blue. No matter how much of a blowout this is, we won't get the house. Sad! Rigged!

Oh, come on. I can't have the election be this much of a blowout. It'll make my party too boring. How am I supposed to have an exciting party when Clinton wins every swing state and then some?

Fox News drinking game.

• Sip every time a white male anchor laments the loss of the country to minorities and single women.
  • Sip every time a deranged right-wing surrogate shows up and claims that either the election is rigged or America is over.
  • Sip every time the words "Wikileaks," "Benghazi," or "emails" is uttered.
  • Chug every time Karl Rove (or another talking head) forces Megyn Kelly to leave her desk and walk back to the electoral map experts to confirm that Trump is fucked.

Crayons

Banned
Fox News drinking game.

• Sip every time a white male anchor laments the loss of the country to minorities and single women.
  • Sip every time a deranged right-wing surrogate shows up and claims that either the election is rigged or America is over.
  • Sip every time the words "Wikileaks," "Benghazi," or "emails" is uttered.
  • Chug every time Karl Rove (or another talking head) forces Megyn Kelly to leave her desk and walk back to the electoral map experts to confirm that Trump is fucked.
I think this would kill half of the people at the party. Literally.

Especially the Ben Ghazi part. And the emails.

Gulfs are just a subsection of the world ocean. I never heard someone say a gulf isn't part of the ocean.

If it's just a matter of connectivity, why aren't rivers with coastal outfalls considered part of the ocean?

Since the St. Lawrence river touches a gulf, shouldn't all the states touching the Great Lakes be considered to have ocean-front property?

Quick, someone call an Oceanographer to clear this up

Assuming Hillary wins this election, does Fox News finally evolve as a news channel or does it double down as bad as it did with Obama (where on day 1 of Obama's term they deemed him the worst president ever?)

Magni

Too generous.

In other news, Twitter wars in the tech world regarding Peter Thiel. Some (like DHH, creator of Rails) think YC should distance themselves from Thiel. Sam Altman had this to say in reply: https://twitter.com/sama/status/787833897132232704

I get why you don't want to fire someone for their political beliefs, but there's a massive difference between firing a random no-name employee just for being a Republican, and cutting business ties with a billionaire financing the man running the most destructive mainstream campaign in at least half a century.

90/10 they're doubling down on stupid.

It will be less than a month before they're aping Brietbart and Judicial Watch spin on emails and calling for Impeachment. I give it less than 6 months before a Congressman—probably a woman—is trotted out to make the case for how Impeaching Clinton is the only reasonable action that can bring Americans together.

The GOP will not allow a single initiative or SCOTUS appointment to proceed while waiting for the Midterm campaigns to begin.

edit: ouch Lousiana.

Wonder how he would react if it turns out it was his supporters. Probably just accuse the false flaggers of being false false flaggers.
It would be something like "Hillary Clinton firebombed one of our offices. And now they're blaming us"

Cyanity

Banned
edit: ouch Lousiana.

Wonder how he would react if it turns out it was his supporters. Probably just accuse the false flaggers of being false false flaggers.

A user on Reddit mentioned that the area in which the fire bombing happened was the same area where a group of rowdy leftist anarchists took over a car dealership during the Occupy Wall Street protests and had to be dragged away by police. User wasn't surprised at all by the bombing.

Christine

If it's just a matter of connectivity, why aren't rivers with coastal outfalls considered part of the ocean?

Since the St. Lawrence river touches a gulf, shouldn't all the states touching the Great Lakes be considered to have ocean-front property?

Quick, someone call an Oceanographer to clear this up

If the freshwater flow can keep the saltwater out, it's not part of the ocean.

I love that Fox News will go rightward, but they'll still be outflanked out in crazy town by Trump News Network. That will help broaden any party schism. Good.

Of course, this means that Alex Jones will have a show on an actual cable channel that probably ends up getting decent saturation. Bad. Very bad.

Holmes

Best places for post-debate campaign stops are Arizona, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio and Iowa. Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Hampshire are all solidly in the Democratic column tnat more stops would be pointless.

I still don't understand why Trump is going to Colorado twice tomorrow. Also -- I don't think Hillary will go to Virginia for the rest of the election now that Trump's pulled out.

Magni

A user on Reddit mentioned that the area in which the fire bombing happened was the same area where a group of rowdy leftist anarchists took over a car dealership during the Occupy Wall Street protests and had to be dragged away by police. User wasn't surprised at all by the bombing.

Oh, I'm much more inclined to believe that it was a bunch of anti-Trump idiots rather than a bunch of pro-Trump idiots. I was just wondering how he would react should Occam's razor be dull on this one.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sam Wang said:
Comparably likely (#4 a little less):
1) HRC, GOP House+Senate
2) same but 50-51 D Senate
3) same but 52-53 D Senate
4) HRC+D Senate, House

Wang making it look like there's a 65-75% chance democrats win the Senate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom