• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say while I know Hillary is going to win and I feel strongly we will get the Senate with the margins she is likely to see, I do think the worst thing about this election is how damning an indictment it is of America that the polling can still be this close in Senate Races when the Republicans have embarrassed themselves so thoroughly this election season.

Gonna be hard to look to my left anywhere in the near future.

This election didn't make people stop being Republican. See: Ana Navarro.

Toxi

Banned
I really don't understand why. Trump's a product of the modern Republican Party. The Republican base loves him and hates any people who distance themselves from him. It's not gonna get any better in the future with this trajectory.

Every single Trump surrogate on CNN tonight seemed to know it was over. I swear Paris Dennard looked 10 years older and Betsy (forgot last name) said Trump was condemned to lose [by the media covering these "allegations" as fact]

Ithil

Have we talked about this Van Jones video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNk3Jdck7nY

A powerful video where Van Jones asked what would happen if Trump were black.

"If Barack Obama had five kids by three wives, he would never be president. He had to be perfect to even have a chance to be president"

That's the truth there. Even then they tried to dig up bullshit racial nonsense about him where they could (including Trump himself of course).

So how do we think Clinton should handle Trump in debate 3? He's become even more unhinged so it doesn't seem like getting into a battle head on with him is a good strategy. But she cant completely ignore him either.

Ithil

So how do we think Clinton should handle Trump in debate 3? He's become even more unhinged so it doesn't seem like getting into a battle head on with him is a good strategy. But she cant completely ignore him either.

She needs to put him on the defensive for the debate, since once he's riled up and defensive, he just stays on that forever. Look at how much he rambled nonsensically about himself and all sorts of excuses in the first debate, and failed to really hit her on anything. You don't have to attack him a lot either, just find a few things to press his buttons and set him off.

Probably should just need to point out that he's reading from an original Russian version of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Works relatively fine in Japan.

This is not true fyi.

Also working badly in the United Kingdom.

But those are one party countries ruled by conservatives.

shiba5

"If Barack Obama had five kids by three wives, he would never be president. He had to be perfect to even have a chance to be president"

That's the truth there. Even then they tried to dig up bullshit racial nonsense about him where they could (including Trump himself of course).

He had a great point about the Central Park 5. They were innocent, but Trump wanted them executed. Trump brags about committing sex crimes and suddenly it's "boys will be boys!"

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Seems Scotti's reaction to Michelle's amazing speech was, well, that same snarl she's kind of always wearing.

6AeZr8S.jpg

Toxi

Banned
Practice hard for the actual policy shit and completely embarrass him on that. Don't just say he's lying, specifically point out how. Don't make the mistake of getting into a mud-slinging match on scandals like what happened at the start of the second debate.

shiba5

Drop another bombshell 6 hours before the debate - time enough to percolate through the media, but not enough time for him to do any damage control.

Teggy

When the ADL has to put out a warning about a major party's presidential candidate's speech is when I start getting a little freaked out.

Iolo

Now that Clinton is ahead she will probably play it safe and so it will tighten somewhat, unless further damning stuff drops.

shiba5

Practice hard for the actual policy shit and completely embarrass him on that. Don't just say he's lying, specifically point out how. Don't make the mistake of getting into a mud-slinging match on scandals like what happened at the start of the second debate.

The trouble is that "fitness to be President" question at the end is going to be nothing but Trump hurling conspiracy theories. I almost feel like it's not Trump she's running against anymore. It's Bannon.

rjinaz

Every single Trump surrogate on CNN tonight seemed to know it was over. I swear Paris Dennard looked 10 years older and Betsy (forgot last name) said Trump was condemned to lose [by the media covering these "allegations" as fact]

Andre ( I thinks that is his name) seemed to as well. He actually went with how he didn't like how Trump was playing this and wishes he would focus on the issues. I was taken back a bit.

There are some though that are still in it 100 percent like Kayleigh and Scottie.
Corey is but the dude looks beaten like he has a sad face just stuck there when talking about Trump.

Ithil

Seems Scotti's reaction to Michelle's amazing speech was, well, that same snarl she's kind of always wearing.

6AeZr8S.jpg

I wonder, do they learn that disbelieving head shake they do nonstop? The other one always on CNN, Kayleigh something or other, does it all the time. The whole time someone else is making an opposing point, she shakes her head, nonstop.

Not in that condescending "aww shucks" way Pence did, it's this blank faced furrowed brow head shake that all the surrogates seem to do.

rjinaz

6AeZr8S.jpg

She just really liked the guy in the middle. Every time he talked it was like he was validating that it was ok for her to think the way she thinks.

6AeZr8S.jpg
I kinda don't like commenting on women's looks to critique them for nothing. I mean it's a freeze frame

I mean if someone has a surprised look or is making funny faces, yeah its worth pointing out, but this?

I mean I don't think you mean anything by it but I think we should hold ourselves to higher standards especially if we want to criticize people for the sexist "smile more" and stuff they pull on clinton. Michelle's speech was literally 12 hours ago.

Its just something I've seen and wanted to point out for us to be aware of.

Ithil

Andre ( I thinks that is his name) seemed to as well. He actually went with how he didn't like how Trump was playing this and wishes he would focus on the issues. I was taken back a bit.

There are some though that are still in it 100 percent like Kayleigh and Scottie.
Corey is but the dude looks beaten like he has a sad face just stuck there when talking about Trump.

That "We need to focus on the issues!" talking point is so stupid and I wish it would be called out more, I've only seen it properly called out once. Trump is the one talking about these scandals around him nonstop, he never talks about "issues".

And I remember that Scottie woman spinning the Clinton accusers shield trotted out before the debate like "These women were sexually assaulted, they should be heard! Why won't you hear them? If you don't hear them you must love sexual assault!" and other such shit, and now suddenly with accusers of Trump it's "We have to focus on the issues, these claims have no evidence, innocent until proven guilty!".

Someone really should call her out on that sudden switch.

I really don't understand why. Trump's a product of the modern Republican Party. The Republican base loves him and hates any people who distance themselves from him. It's not gonna get any better in the future with this trajectory.

Most have deluded themselves into thinking that Trump just hijacked the party and they can just steer it back to Reagan or whatever. Which might be possible but not if they keep enabling this shit.

Personally I think the biggest impact on this election won't be felt for years until young people either turn 18 or actually decide to vote. So many people see Trump as the GOP itself and don't care that the party was "good" (I use that term exceptionally loosely) thirty years ago. Imagine the kids in those heartbreaking stories where they know full well that Trump = racism and hatred, pure and simple. Those kids aren't going to forget when they can finally go into the voting booth.

Debirudog

Ken Bone is overrated. He got a good question in, and now everyone loves him as a meme.

Enough of this "both sides" bullshit.

Trump is so spectacularly bad that the GOP is doing a decent job of painting him as a hijacker of the True Conservative Party, and that they're victims (completely disregarding that voters make up the parties, and they picked Trump of their own free will).

He'll be a blip if the Dems don't keep tying him in as a chosen result of GOP strategy.

I think you load up on details. You want to have a moment like DWS had against Canova in their debate when he couldn't name that one mayor in his district, and DWS just swooped in with the name and his second job. That sort of thing is very calm and collected, but it's still a very scathing attack.

You want to demonstrate your presidential demeanor because....

The trouble is that "fitness to be President" question at the end is going to be nothing but Trump hurling conspiracy theories. I almost feel like it's not Trump she's running against anymore. It's Bannon.

... of this question. See, everyone here keeps bedwetting about it, but if I was a Republican, the last fucking thing I'd want Trump to answer to on national television would be "Are you fit to be President?"

No one believes he is. Fucking Republicans, when polled, don't even think he has the right demeanor for the job. And when you have to answer through something that's so blatantly false, we get another "I have the best temperament of any candidate ever" moment (which got literal laughter from the audience because it was so absurd).

That question will undoubtedly be used to get some conspiracy nonsense thrown at Clinton, but all of that shit is baked in and comes off a little insane. That question is a deathtrap for Trump; I'll call it a win for him if he makes it through his answer without causing a laugh from the crowd.

Ken Bone is overrated. He got a good question in, and now everyone loves him as a meme.

Enough of this "both sides" bullshit.
Yeah. I'm sorry I don't understand how your a undecided voter after all this.

Trump is literally unfit for the office. People who entertain his presidency scare me.

PKrockin

Have we talked about this Van Jones video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNk3Jdck7nY

A powerful video where Van Jones asked what would happen if Trump were black.
Yeah, I can only imagine the uproar if Obama had kids with three different wives or bragged about how he can sexually assault women now because he's a big shot. All of a sudden now the GOP is the party of "we're not electing the Pope, character doesn't matter."

Has this happened often enough for a compilation to be made of Trump supporters reciting rap lyrics?

Actually now that I think about it, it will likely show up on John Oliver's show.
This is a common racist excuse. I heard it all the time in the suburbs.

It's pretty much "but the blacks are doing so much worse! how dare you accuse me?"

Trump's answer was trash especially playing into the notion that clean coal actually exists. I don't know if I've said it before but Bones question showed how much people expect. He basically was asking how are you going to pull off a miracle and save everyone's job while doing the exact opposite of what their job entails. Clinton at least acknowledged how she would wants to address the loss of jobs that will come with the move away from coal, and she has anot entire policy on it.

I don't know if he is playing up this undecided thing but no matter where you fall on how we need to handle the job loss Clinton's answer was unequivocally better. Yes, it was scripted, but Trump wasn't even coherent

rjinaz

Has this happened often enough for a compilation to be made of Trump supporters reciting rap lyrics?

Actually now that I think about it, it will likely show up on John Oliver's show.

Yes. This has been brought up several times now. Even today, and even with Scottie next to him, another Trump guy was going on about who Obama invited to the White House and some were rappers and the like.

shiba5

Trump is so spectacularly bad that the GOP is doing a decent job of painting him as a hijacker of the True Conservative Party, and that they're victims (completely disregarding that voters make up the parties, and they picked Trump of their own free will).

He'll be a blip if the Dems don't keep tying him in as a chosen result of GOP strategy.

I think you load up on details. You want to have a moment like DWS had against Canova in their debate when he couldn't name that one mayor in his district, and DWS just swooped in with the name and his second job. That sort of thing is very calm and collected, but it's still a very scathing attack.

You want to demonstrate your presidential demeanor because....

... of this question. See, everyone here keeps bedwetting about it, but if I was a Republican, the last fucking thing I'd want Trump to answer to on national television would be "Are you fit to be President?"

No one believes he is. Fucking Republicans, when polled, don't even think he has the right demeanor for the job. And when you have to answer through something that's so blatantly false, we get another "I have the best temperament of any candidate ever" moment (which got literal laughter from the audience because it was so absurd).

That question will undoubtedly be used to get some conspiracy nonsense thrown at Clinton, but all of that shit is baked in and comes off a little insane. That question is a deathtrap for Trump; I'll call it a win for him if he makes it through his answer without causing a laugh from the crowd.

I hope you're right. I just picture him saying she should be in jail and the audience cheering, and that's what people will remember. I wish they'd get rid of the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom