• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I can't believe we're biting our nails over fucking MICHIGAN.

I can't stop being INFURIATED WITH EVERYTHING.

BriGuy

Why are white people so pissed off that they would literally see this country driven to ruin? Unemployment is down, wages are up... I mean, life is generally pretty good right? Haven't we made great strides since the fricking great recession? Why is there so much hate?

I'm feeling a little more confident. Wisconsin and Michigan look shitty but Virginia looked shitty too.

So did Florida and NC and those are fucking GONE now.

What the fuck happened in NC? Leading literally every poll. Is the secret racist vote really that strong? I'm shocked.

Averon

White rural America are angry that they are being left begin and don't know what to do, so they get suckered by right-wing sweet talk that all their ailments will disappear if only if it weren't for the minorities and liberals.

They are brainwashed to reject all outside points of viewpoint that isn't from talk radio, right-wing media, or Fox News.

I don't know how you can fix that. This country isn't going to move forward until that situation breaks, and I don't know how that can be done.

Any ideas?

kmag

Really fucking sad right now. That this horrifying monster is in this position says a lot about an awful lot of Americans. And it's nothing good. Similar to how there's lots of soul-searching in the UK, post-Brexit. America is headed for the same thing in the wake of this potentially devastating result.

Yet again as the Brexit proved, just blame all the ills of society on the other and reap the electoral reward. Whether it's Mexicans, the EU or Jews, if you say what the racists are thinking they'll vote for you in the privacy of the booth.

I think the only chance now is that there's enough sane republicans in congress to stop his crazier ideas like the wall, muslim ban, and "fair trade"

Tarkus

Well I am really speechless. Very sad. I guess the secret trump voter was real. Massive data failure. Incredible.
I tried to tell everyone here 1 1/2 years ago including blackmamba, that the polls and models could not account for the old timers, backwoods, and farm folks of the Republican party that would not be reflected in the polls.

Chumley

Banned
Why are white people so pissed off that they would literally see this country driven to ruin? Unemployment is down, wages are up... I mean, life is generally pretty good right? Haven't we made great strides since the fricking great recession? Why is there so much hate?

A race war.

It's whites versus everyone else. That's what this is.

AniHawk

wisconsin is gone... milwaukee and madison have almost all reported and still down 40k

michigan in big trouble. margins need to be 10 points higher in wayne for a fighting chance.

Well, with the unprecedented Republican turnout, one consequence of this election, no matter who wins, seems to be a pretty clear single from Republican voters what Republican voters actually want.

The bigger thing is that... face it, the US is filled with Republicans and Republican mindsets. It just takes someone loud enough to stir the pot, and neither McCain nor Romney spoke to them like Trump did.

Evidence of this is simply the fact that the US has a Republican house and senate.

Ultimately, Dems willl hopefully learn something after 4 years, as everything Obama and progress related is dismantled into dust.

Also, that they need to learn how to anger their base.

Dems: Humor
Repubs: Anger

Huge fucking difference in turnout.

linkboy

I'm a wreck.

I so need to get out of the military before Trump makes my life even more of a shithole then it is.

I'm really close to having a total breakdown right now.

Balphon

So Trump is being driven by rural whites and Midwestern manufacturing workers.

It's like the bizarro new deal coalition has come to murder us in our sleep.

Crosseyes

Banned
Really fucking sad right now. That this horrifying monster is in this position says a lot about an awful lot of Americans. And it's nothing good. Similar to how there's lots of soul-searching in the UK, post-Brexit. America is headed for the same thing in the wake of this potentially devastating result.
Yep. The world becoming hostile towards others once again. Back onto the road to conflict. Hey at least gun rights will be preserved for a bit, might actually need to look into one.

Kusagari

What disturbs me is all this talk of record early votes, people seeing hopium in what was happening in places like OH.

Did none of these places have a single reporter checking turnout in rural counties?

Angry Fork

Chickens coming home to roost big time.

That feeling when you kill a candidate (Bernie) who had positive numbers with all the people Hillary has shit numbers with. Establishment democrats never cared that the majority of this country truly despises Hillary/ democrats for legitimate reasons that go beyond racism. Big fat I told you so from the leftist idealists who supposedly don't know what they're talking about.

If trump wins (or loses slightly) I hope dems realize what the fuck went wrong and get some sense for the years to come, but I suspect they'll continue to be stupid and blame everyone but themselves.

Anyone legit surprised by this result should start taking leftist critiques of democrats/clinton a lot more seriously.

Debirudog

i really don't want to be accelerationist but fuck, I can only hope American can wake the fuck up if Trump does some real fucking damage but I doubt it.

Knock this shit off. Bernie picked up on the feeling the people had there, he didn't cause it.

Picking up the feeling isn't the problem. Is when he started questioning Clinton on "wall street speeches" and a bunch of other bullshit that just implanted thoughts in peoples heads that she didn't give a damn about them.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

That feeling when you kill a candidate (Bernie) who had positive numbers with all the people Hillary has shit numbers with. Establishment democrats never cared that the majority of this country truly despises Hillary/ democrats for legitimate reasons that go beyond racism. Big fat I told you so from the leftist idealists who supposedly don't know what they're talking about.

If trump wins (or loses slightly) I hope dems realize what the fuck went wrong and get some sense for the years to come, but I suspect they'll continue to be stupid and blame everyone but themselves.

Anyone legit surprised by this result should start taking leftist critiques of democrats/clinton a lot more seriously.

Any mods on right now?

Boke1879

The fuck are you talking about?

Yea, because looking at these results, Bernie would have done better.

...no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom