• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they are wrong about why they're losing their jobs. It's not NAFTA, it's technological advances. That whole workforce needs to be retrained- Trump and the GOP isn't going to pay for that.

It doesn't matter. Thats what they think, and trump tapped into it.

Crosseyes

Banned
All of the "urban population centers have still to report in" is all being offset by the massive trickle of rural racist population coming in alongside it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So, what will these rural white do when, after 4 years of Trump, their towns are still barely alive and their communities lost more jobs?

Continue to blame liberals and minorities.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
We lose the Supreme Court for another 40 years at least.

With a Republican president and congress, they will most likely pass a ton of laws that will make it even more difficult for Democrats to vote on a national scale.

This is the real danger of Trump winning.

White working class women confuse me so much.

These women are largely service workers and haven't been from the male dominated jobs that Trump only talks about.

Trump sexually assaulted >12 women.

And they're going hard for Trump.

Trace

Banned
But they are wrong about why they're losing their jobs. It's not NAFTA, it's technological advances. That whole workforce needs to be retrained- Trump and the GOP isn't going to pay for that.

It doesn't matter when you can just handwave that away and your voter base isn't educated enough to call you out on your bullshit.

BriGuy

We survived Bush and Reagan. It'll be okay

It really won't. Even if he's only president for 4 years (and that's a big damn if, considering what he's going to do to the media that portrays him in a negative light), he's going to do a ton of damage home and abroad. All of the progress made under Obama will be erased and then some.

Calm down.

Seriously, how can we calm down? Regardless of what you think, Donald Fucking Trump is really fucking close to becoming the President of this country.

Even if hillary barely pulls this out, He is THIS FUCKING CLOSE to running this nation.

A bigoted buffoon sociopathic fascist.

So yeah, stop telling people to calm down. People have every right to freak the fuck out.

Jombie

A racist, pussy grabbing reality tv star is going to be president. With the portrait and everything.

I knew things were awful, but had no clue at the sheer severity. Real Orwellian shit.

Random17

I'm already at the acceptance stage. Only hope is that the Democrats surge after 4 years of Trump, but if we elect Trump after 8 years of Bush then idk.

Fedelias

Lol how the fuck are we actually losing right now

Something wake me up if this is a nightmare because the everything is fucked.

With a Republican president and congress, they will most likely pass a ton of laws that will make it even more difficult for Democrats to vote on a national scale.

Abortion will basically be illegal in 2 to 4 years that's my big prediction.

Yup. You thought voter suppression on a state by state issue was bad? Imagine on a national scale. Liberals were unhappy with Clinton well have fun now if Trump actually pulls this off with all branches of government. You think he's going to fight with Republicans after this? Of course fucking not. He'll give them what they want and they'll give him what he wants.

I still hold out hope.

thefro

The Senate should be a check on that to some extent. Hard for the GOP to do a ton of stuff without 60 votes and moderate Dems will make deals.

Hopefully Trump doesn't really believe all the shit he said in the campaign.

tuffy

Seriously, how can we calm down? Regardless of what you think, Donald Fucking Trump is really fucking close to becoming the President of this country.

Even if hillary barely pulls this out, He is THIS FUCKING CLOSE to running this nation.

A bigoted buffoon sociopathic fascist.

So yeah, stop telling people to calm down. People have every right to freak the fuck out.
The option was terrifying right from the start. That's why I donated so much in the hopes that it would make a difference. But it's not over yet and I still believe there's a chance to avert a disastrous Trump presidency.

Piecake

Well, with the unprecedented Republican turnout, one consequence of this election, no matter who wins, seems to be a pretty clear single from Republican voters what Republican voters actually want.

MI, WI, PA, NV is still a Clinton win from what I can see.

Michael Simon
@mbsimon
@Mitch_Stewart @anamariecox Oakland (my home county) holding Obama '12 margin. Detroit always reports late,everyone nervous. 27% in.

If Michigan and Wisconsin flip, PA holds, and NV goes for Clinton it's a Clinton win. It's not an easy path anymore, it's probably on the below 50% chance. But it's still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom