• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Honestly, as crazy as it sounds, a celebrity might be the best chance democrats have in 2020.

Seriously.

I have such little faith in them, but at this point, the GOP has full reign to do what they want and I hope that they don't savage things as badly as we have predicted they will. I think it is going to be worse than we've imagined, but I'm praying for people like Ryan to have a larger view of history and to reign in the worst of Trump.

It's time for the GOP to put their money where their mouth is. They can do what they want.

My thought is that they only got as bad as they did because of Obama and their hatred of him. Without a "villain" to spite, maybe they'll calm down.

They had free reign in the early 2000s, and at least managed to sort of function.

mo60

Exactly. Anyone who thinks they're looking at this result, when you better believe every single one of them thought he was going to lose just as bad as we did, and will dare try to piss off this silent majority that popped up out of nowhere is fooling themselves.

Trump is the new Reagan in the GOP.

He will be lucky to be in office as long as reagan.

Diablos

I'm beginning to think the critics had it correct. Hillary was a compromise candidate no one liked.

Racists have always been there, but Trump wouldn't have won against Obama.

Obviously Michelle as president is fantasyland, but the woman commands respect and bleeds conviction in a way that Hillary never did.

Hopefully we learn our lesson for 2020.
Perhaps, but Bernie was the weaker choice. Speaks more to the Democratic party not really grooming any new talent since Obama. I mean, there's basically Obama and then the Dems slowly reverting back to 2004 levels elsewhere. They can't find anyone good.

I really think Biden should have run for President. I know he was going through a bad time, but you really have to wonder what he's thinking tonight.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Republicans still will have won only 1 popular vote in the last 7 elections, but will have won 3 terms.

Hillary absolutely bears a lot of the blame for this and anyone saying otherwise is so deluded it is ridiculous. She simply should have never ran. How the How the fuck could she honestly have thought she of all people could bridge the divides in this country? Incredibly selfish of her to run.

Perhaps, but Bernie was the weaker choice.

I really think Biden should have run for President. I know he was going through a bad time, but you really have to wonder what he's thinking tonight.

Agree. Bernie wouldn't have gotten very far. Conviction yes, but he's a poor politician with awful campaign strategy.

Biden would have won, and probably should have run.

Joeytj

Banned
PBS is oddly comforting. I mean, they are flabbergasted as well, but in a PBS way.

They aren't mincing any words, but realistic in a non-pundit way.

Whatever dudes. We can cry for a few hours or days, but Hillary isn't going to go out into the sunset or runaway, and neither is Obama.

Everybody has to do their part now, the era of just sitting back and watching back progress being made, is over.

sphagnum

Banned
You think Trump doesn't have ties to wall street?

It doesn't matter. The Dems cannot afford another person who can be portrayed as establishment.

He's also a charter school supporter, which I hate.

It has to be someone like Bernie or Warren who exudes populism. Or if not someone like that on policy, someone with a winning personality like Bill or Biden.

~Kinggi~

Banned
you people are fucking delusional. Trump is president. Hatred won. Bigots everywhere feel success. If you are a minority well shit might as well bunker down. Seriously.

Anyway, this night was a boon for political scientists for showing that campaign organization literally does not matter in the slightest.

Not a good night for political consultants though.

Welp. I voted. Gotta move on not going to say something dumb like I'm moving out of the country. I'M here to stay through all the Bulls hit and fuckery I will continue, not going to let this define or end me. I like what Jim Jones on VICELAND said tonight "Life is rigged"

Blader

My thought is that they only got as bad as they did because of Obama and their hatred of him. Without a "villain" to spite, maybe they'll calm down.

They had free reign in the early 2000s, and at least managed to sort of function.
This is a very different Republican Party than the one in the early 2000s.

HTupolev

Ugh, I'm capable of letting out quite a high-quality roar, but at 10:00 my neighbors would probably think I'm weird.

I want to annunciate.

:(

kirblar

It doesn't matter. The Dems cannot afford another person who can be portrayed as establishment.

He's also a charter school supporter, which I hate.

It has to be someone like Bernie or Warren who exudes populism. Or if not someone like that on policy, someone with a winning personality like Bill or Biden.
It's personality. It's Biden if he's gtg in 4 years.

I kept saying how Trump and his supporters were in a alternate reality. Nope, just me and people on this forum living in the alternate reality. Holy fuck did everyone get it wrong, myself included. Massive fuck up. Our country deserves this. Obama was way too good for us. President Trump taking us 100 years backwards is about right. We only do well as the underdogs anyway. The only hope is he is so wildly incompetent he doesn't accomplish shit and we move through midterms with renewed Dem vigor and put a bullshit white guy on the ticket in 2020.

On the bright side, maybe Donald "I eat fast food all the time" Trump won't be able to take the stress and we'll have Mike Pence as President, which fine, I'll take it.

On a more vindictive note, I hope whatever economic consequences that are gonna happen because of this hits those rural fucks the hardest.

I just wanted to say that I love you all and we will be fine in the end. This election, and this year gave me a new perspective on reality.

Thanks for the ride guys and I know we can make it through. As far as the immediate future goes. The 2010s will be looked on as one of the most tumultuous times in American history. Minority rights will be at the forefront and whether that leads to bloodshed or something massive, I hope we can all come together again.

I'll do my best to make sure the future's as bright as possible.

Same to you, but I wish I could say that we would all be fine. I just can't really believe that. A lot of people think....really have not been paying attention to the things Trump has been doing and saying during this campaign. I'm not going to go crazy and say we'll definitely be seeing a facist regime arise or anything, but if you think Trump isn't going to make a serious attempt to create one...well, I hope that you are rise, and I wish I could trust the GOP to stop and frustrate him, but...I don't know. I can't see it.

Looking to go to New Zealand and maybe segue into a teaching job in Asia somewhere from there. I'll still do absentee ballot voting, if possible, but I don't think I can really live in a place that would elect Donald Trump commander-in-chief.

Don't even know what to say. Sorry. A lot of people were very, very wrong tonight. And a lot of work people dedicated their lives to evaporated tonight.

Grief.exe

One of the real big pitcture issues I'm worried about is China and Japan are on a knifes edge on slipping into a recession at best. China halted stock trading in their markets a year ago and is on the verge of a real estate crisis that makes 2008 look like baby's first market crash.

With markets tanking, and on the eve of a supply-side economics with major austerity measures, I have a feeling we are not going to be doing well economically going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom