• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It is the music of the bros who still won't vote for Mrs Clinton!
When the donating of your money leaves you with no food to eat

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
More I hear about Illinois the more I think it's going to be rather close.

Democrats need to pressure Rahm Emanuel to not run for reelection. If this race mattered more, I would suspect they would have had him resign already. If there is a shift in the results from a few weeks ago, it's the most likely cause.

Democrats need to pressure Rahm Emanuel to not run for reelection. If this race mattered more, I would suspect they would have had him resign already. If there is a shift in the results from a few weeks ago, it's the most likely cause.
Wouldn't he lose in a landslide? Why the hell would he run again?

Cerium

Trump will win Florida and lose Ohio and we're headed to a contested convention where Trump's brownshirts will start a riot on the RNC floor.

Has a national convention ever descended into violence before?

This is correct if it's looked at in order of importance and influence. I honestly don't think my Grandma cares any about the last bit.

lol. Maybe I should call my Grandma and see what she thinks about the current set of candidates (from both GoP and the Don-Key-Ho-Tes). Then again, I don't want to shatter my perfect image of her.

As long as Hillary wins one of Ohio or Illinois, its fine. If she wins both, great. If she loses both, it's alright, but it's not good for the narrative. If I only get one, my preference would be for her to take Ohio, and lose Illinois by a small margin.

As long as Hillary wins one of Ohio or Illinois, its fine. If she wins both, great. If she loses both, it's alright, but it's not good for the narrative. If I only get one, my preference would be for her to take Ohio, and lose Illinois by a small margin.
If she loses IL, wolf blitzers in the media will play it as another Michigan. She needs IL more than OH.

I just saw my 1st ever Cruz ad here in Ohio.

I also saw the Bernie ad where he tells us he marched with MLK. So, that's a real ad he's running, then...

danm999

I figure she'd rather win OH than IL. The latter is a safe blue state, whereas winning Ohio, Florida and North Carolina in a single night makes a powerful argument about her ability to win swing states and keep the electoral college options open.

Hillary should've denounced Rahm from the get go. Not sure why they'd rather lose voters over it.
Yep. Should have stepped right out in front of it and said "I know I've supported Rahm in the past but what he has done to Chicago is unacceptable and I think he should resign."

But nope. Gotta just keep it quiet and hope no one notices. Lmao.

Makai

I've realized that the problem is the field hasn't narrowed enough. That's why Trump is still winning. Establishment might have a chance in a one-on-zero. He has a ceiling of 100%.

I figure she'd rather win OH than IL. The latter is a safe blue state, whereas winning Ohio, Florida and North Carolina in a single night makes a powerful argument about her ability to win swing states and keep the electoral college options open.

This is my thought process as well. Illinois is safe Dem, Ohio is not. Adding Ohio to NC and FL looks a lot better, especially if Bernie is going to say "switch to me because I win swing states." It cuts his legs out from under him.

I've realized that the problem is the field hasn't narrowed enough. That's why Trump is still winning. Establishment might have a chance in a one-on-zero. He has a ceiling of 100%.

Once Rubio and Kasich drop it will be great, because then the media can start to realize how bat shit insane Ted Cruz is with more focus on him.

Holmes

True, but the next set of states aren't really that great for Trump regardless, just like they're not for Clinton, but then it's back to the Northeast where they should both be heavily favored.

With how creepy Kasich's misogyny is, I think he would actually melt down in a debate against Hillary and start shouting gendered slurs at her. He might be above Trump in terms of probability of saying something truly horrific on national TV on the campaign trail.

Meowster

Random but how come people keep saying and posting graphs that Sanders is going to definitively win New York? I've seen it mentioned on here, on other websites, and over my FB timeline and it doesn't seem like it adds up to me. Am I mistaken?

Random but how come people keep saying and posting graphs that Sanders is going to definitively win New York? I've seen it mentioned on here, on other websites, and over my FB timeline and it doesn't seem like it adds up to me. Am I mistaken?

Sanders can't win the nomination without winning New York (essentially) so it's wish-projecting.

wishful thinking more than anything.

At this point, Bernie needs margins. Hillary only needs delegates.

I like this. Gonna steal it.

It's mostly wishful thinking, really. Demographically it's not super favorable to him, and Hillary has electoral history there. The only way he could possibly maybe win the nomination would be if he could win NY by like 20 points or so. The problem is a 2-3 point win in these states doesn't help him.

At this point, Bernie needs margins. Hillary only needs delegates.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I know, right? Well, my Berniebro likes it, and I kinda like it...and my mom likes it, so I'll deal.

Hey, I consider you lucky. I had great hair until I got sick a few years back and was put on some shit that just fucked it up. It isn't bad, but it ain't what it was. Been thinking about the shaved head thing for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom