• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

Every Bernie fan online seems convinced Bernie will win NY and CA in blow outs. When asked why they just go "unlike Mississippi and South Carolina those are liberal states."
Yes, like Massachusetts, that very conservative state against liberalism. Wait, what?

It's jarring how the Labour Party's color is red and the Conservative Party is blue. Total mind fuck.

Red=left, blue=right is actually by far the more common color scheme. The US is "backwards" on that front. Actually pre-2000 the colors weren't consistent across elections or even necessarily across networks in the same election, but they all used blue for Gore and red for Bush, which led to the terms "red states" and "blue states" catching on after the dramatic election so now the color scheme has stuck.

I just got another call from a Bernie person asking me to vote tomorrow. Update your records peoples.

Edit: I think it was the same kid.

I didn't get any calls, but I did get invited to about 50 different "vote for Bernie on the 15th!" events on FB last week (which I strongly considered reporting as spam, but settled for just blocking people from inviting me)

which was profoundly obnoxious considering I voted 3 weeks ago

I didn't get any calls, but I did get invited to about 50 different "vote for Bernie on the 15th!" events on FB last week (which I strongly considered reporting as spam, but settled for just blocking people from inviting me)

which was profoundly obnoxious considering I voted 3 weeks ago

I don't use social media, so I didn't have to deal with that, thank goodness. Hillary's campaign texted me twice, but once I responded that I'd voted they stopped. I got a few phone calls, but one was to make sure I'd returned my ballot and the other was to see if I would help GOTV tomorrow.

Oh, but Meowster, Mass doesn't count either because Mass is an establishment state. Just like that Judas, Elizabeth Warren.

No True Scotsman'd right out of the race.

And it was stolen from Bernie, when Bill managed to disenfranchise 20,000 people by taking pictures at one voting location! STOLEN!

Remember, Bernie's in a race for margins now. Wins of less than 15-20 mean nothing in terms of him actually gaining on her. Hillary can pretty much cruise out with a few narrow wins and only minor loses, and she's fine. It's the beauty of proportional delegates.

Red=left, blue=right is actually by far the more common color scheme. The US is "backwards" on that front. Actually pre-2000 the colors weren't consistent across elections or even necessarily across networks in the same election, but they all used blue for Gore and red for Bush, which led to the terms "red states" and "blue states" catching on after the dramatic election so now the color scheme has stuck.

I see.

As more Florida voters cast their ballots in the past week, Rubio lost the lead he once held among early voters. One-third of the state’s likely GOP electorate reports already voting for president. Donald Trump has a 43% to 32% advantage among these early voters. Rubio actually had the lead a week ago, when only one-fifth of the electorate had already voted.

A week ago, just 11% of Trump supporters had voted early compared to 30% of Rubio supporters. Currently, 34% of Trump’s backers say they have already cast their vote and another 42% say they are completely set on their choice for Tuesday. Among Rubio’s backers, 42% have already voted, with another 26% who are absolutely certain they will stick with this choice on Tuesday.

The three trailing candidates all called out the frontrunner after violence broke out at a planned Trump rally in Chicago Friday night. Poll respondents interviewed on Saturday and Sunday were asked how that incident affected their vote intentions. Most (66%) say it had no impact on their support. However, twice as many said it made them more likely (22%) rather than less likely (11%) to support Trump.

http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/32...1087/5e8badb6-57e6-43b0-92f3-f1643d68352b.pdf

Boke1879

Well it's being run by a conservative group, not to benefit the Democrats.

Yea let them spend their money if they want. If anything it won't do anything to stop him not but if enough moderate republicans and independents see that it could give them a negative skew.

Wall Street Journal just keeps raising the bar when it comes to vile op-eds.

The Political Stupidity of the Jews Revisited

The title is worse than the actual content, and I guess the title is based on an essay written by an actual Jewish Republican in the 90's, but fuck.

The ending:

In the matter of interest, the Jewish vote, along with Jewish money in Hollywood and elsewhere, has helped put in office a president who can scarcely be called a friend to Israel. Jews have voted for Democrats who have over the years instituted such essentially anti-Jewish programs as racial preferences in higher education (the religion of contemporary Jews, it has been said, only half-jokingly, is diplomas). Through federal regulation and high taxation, the Democratic Party has done what it could to strangle the entrepreneurial spirit that was once the pride of the Jewish middle class. Only a schmuck works for someone else is, in some quarters, the 11th Jewish commandment.

For the current political season, I propose a 12th: Vote your mind, not your ethnicity.

I mean goddamn.

So tomorrow might be the last time we really hear from Rubio in the national political scene, eh?

We're basically left with 2 options.

1. Trump on a clear path to win nomination
2. On path for contested convention with Trump having by far the most votes.

Neither scenario is good for the GOP and it's all that's left.

Wall Street Journal just keeps raising the bar when it comes to vile op-eds.

The Political Stupidity of the Jews Revisited

The title is worse than the actual content, but I guess the title is based on an essay written by an actual Jewish Republican in the 90's, but fuck.

The ending:

I mean goddamn.

Y'know the part that annoys me the most about this?

It feeds into the Jewish=Zionist thing, by implying that it's the way it ought to be. Which gives ammo to the covert antisemites that hang out with the antizionists.

Argh.

Tom_Cody

giphy.gif

This is too good.

I can't believe the anti-Trump people really thought that Trump would lose Florida ever.
Seriously, Trump is going to lose a state dominated by Florida Man and by elderly people that like Medicare and Social Security?
He's going to lose this state?
Back in the day it was perfectly reasonable to expect that a state that had a guvna and a senator in the race would give the most votes to at least one of those.

Like, before Trump started running.
If Obama believes Rahm should go, I feel like he would communicate that in private. Rahm gave up his congressional leadership ambitions for Obama. He was one of Obama's earliest supporters in Illinois. It's striking enough that Obama isn't saying anything in his defense.
Rahm as congressional leader.... dear gods the things the Bern could do with that narrative. Also a considerably frightening thought.

When you eat too much sushi
Frank Castle really let himself go.

I love Hillary's response on this. About how she governs in prose, and she runs in that way a well, because that's just her. She's not going to be Obama and she's not going to be Bill. She's going to be herself, and that's what you get. I liked that answer.

I love Hillary's response on this. About how she governs in prose, and she runs in that way a well, because that's just her. She's not going to be Obama and she's not going to be Bill. She's going to be herself, and that's what you get. I liked that answer.

But isn't a non-negligible portion of the president's job to spin some poetry? She is the best prose writer in this election by far but I think she could be doing even better.

Cerium

Rahm as congressional leader.... dear gods the things the Bern could do with that narrative. Also a considerably frightening thought.

I believe he was Majority Whip when he resigned to serve as Obama's Chief of Staff. He wanted to be Speaker of the House.

But isn't a non-negligible portion of the president's job to spin some poetry? She is the best prose writer in this election by far but I think she could be doing even better.

She can. Her speech after SC, for example, was brilliant. However, people always try to compare her to Bill and Obama. That's just not her style of politics. She's a wonk, and she's always been wonky. She's funny as hell, but she's not going to get up there and promise people the moon when she can only give you a nice cup of tea with some lemon.

True, but the next set of states aren't really that great for Trump regardless, just like they're not for Clinton, but then it's back to the Northeast where they should both be heavily favored.

By set do you just mean Utah? Trump polls well in Arizona. And then April moves to the Mid-Atlantic where Trump is strong. Outside of Wisconsin, April is not territory where Cruz competes well.

T'Zariah

Banned
She can. Her speech after SC, for example, was brilliant. However, people always try to compare her to Bill and Obama. That's just not her style of politics. She's a wonk, and she's always been wonky. She's funny as hell, but she's not going to get up there and promise people the moon when she can only give you a nice cup of tea with some lemon.

I feel like Hillary is the type of person who prefers to be down in the trenches, getting her hands dirty, rather than be like Obama, being charismatic, delegating and finding the right people to get the job done, while he oversees it and sells it to the public when he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom