• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
MO continue Obama's policies 55 More liberal 34; 9 less liberal.
NC continue Obama's policies 53 More liberal 27; 15 less liberal.
OH continue Obama's policies 48; More liberal 34; 12 less liberal.

Similar numbers to Michigan all over the place. I dont think this is a good question to predict a particular outcome.

That is different from Michigan.

More liberal won I believe. Which forshadowed Sanders' victory.

kii.

NeoXChaos

CdnrZRfWAAArrs2.jpg

Michigan didn't have early voting though?

Eugh. Populist trade rhetoric really is the worst thing out of this election.

Random aside; I just saw the most gorgeous specimen of humanity on the tram.

pigeon

Banned
Well, it tends to, doesn't it?

I think free trade supporters have done a bad jab explaining the benefits in easy, clear language because all people hear these days is that they mean less jobs. It's an easy conclusion to come to.

Free trade means cheaper stuff!

All your stuff is cheaper!

Do you buy stuff?

IT'S CHEAPER NOW

The problem with the argument, I think, is that the free trade argument is "yes, people lose their jobs and we should do something about that but in the aggregate everybody does better," whereas the protectionist argument is "JUST JOBS, I DON'T BUY THAT CHEAPER STUFF CRAP."

I'm in a happily committed 5 year relationship. Doesn't mean I can't ogle a stranger like a supercreep every now and then though...

Edit: lol I draw the line at creepshots though. That's just weird.

How long until polls close. I'm bored of this primary now.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Eugh. Populist trade rhetoric really is the worst thing out of this election.
Dismissing problems with trade policies is not good either. Trade is good but it can negatively affect people. I don't think the benefits are evenly spread across the nation.

Any how, I wouldn't be surprised if Bernie lost every state tonight. I would be surprised if he won 3/5.

Free trade means cheaper stuff!

All your stuff is cheaper!

Do you buy stuff?

IT'S CHEAPER NOW

The problem with the argument, I think, is that the free trade argument is "yes, people lose their jobs and we should do something about that but in the aggregate everybody does better," whereas the protectionist argument is "JUST JOBS, I DON'T BUY THAT CHEAPER STUFF CRAP."

The problem is stuff may be cheaper, but now I'm making 9 bucks an hour at Wal-Mart, have no health insurance, and my pension got raided because of deregulation.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The whole "Trump left off ballots" thing needs a serious investigation if true. Still haven't seen any proof yet.

Yeah, being able to buy a tupperware set for $2 instead of $3 doesn't matter much when you can't afford your rent, car, health insurance, etc.

Free trade may have increased total wealth, but it's arguable that total utility actually decreased because of the change in wealth distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom