• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophelion

The Queen Sweep was a glorious thing to end the day on. You all are awesome by the way. PoliGAF really is my favorite place to lurk. But for now, I think it's time to due a tour of the internet and chuckle sensibly at all the mountains of salt that seem to have cropped up in the last few hours...

Bernie going 3rd party ensures his revolution doesn't happen for the next forty years.

I don't think you're thinking this through brainy.

I don't think so. He'd gain the lionshare of independents and progressives, and would gain a lot more exposure for the movement.

Whatever, Tyler.

Trust me, I'm not talking about him anymore.

Jesus witch and now hag.

Sexism really coming out now.

It's like saying "heck." You're technically in the clear, but we all know what's up.

Oh please. By comparison, Elizabeth Warren is a goddess, and ALSO a female politician. This has nothing to do with Hillary's gender. Nice try though.

Because it is the only way to get the hat new and legit. That and if my county is anything to go by, people flip parties from dem to repub and did it for primaries; gotta follow that momentum I guess.

I just don't want a hat that might have head lice, you know?

You've got to be one of the more interesting people here Huelen.

The way your mind works is fascinating.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wonder if the meltdowns increase or decrease when he suspends his campaign.

16butler-ss-slide-NIYO-superJumbo.jpg

I wonder if the artist was talked to about portraying hand size.

Makai

Those hats are the ugliest shit ever.

HqtQJYU.jpg

Like good god. It's like they were printed in the 80s and Trump just had a stash of them that he bought.

........... A Jewish dude wanting a hat worn mostly by white nationalists seems a little fucking weird to me, but so does having Ben Carson and Bernie Sanders as your two top picks for president.

I don't think so. He'd gain the lionshare of independents and progressives, and would gain a lot more exposure for the movement.
Which would be enough to split the Dem base, lose the election, then Trump puts Cruz on the SC.

Nothing even a tiny bit liberal passes the court for 30-40 years.

Holmes

My husband's got me diablosing that if the CA Senate primary ends with Harris vs Sanchez, the Republicans will give Sanchez a victory in November.

Armaros

Oh please. By comparison, Elizabeth Warren is a goddess, and ALSO a female politician. This has nothing to do with Hillary's gender. Nice try though.

What does that have to do with using sexist language vs a female politician? That you think highly of a different one?

So if I like Bernie, its fine if i use anti-Semitic language vs another Jewish politician because i don't like that other person?

Hazmat

"I'm not racist, I have a black friend."

Just clean it up. If you want to call her a piece of shit, call her a piece of shit. As your multiquote shows, I wasn't the only one that had that reaction.

His strategy is to overturn the will over the voters? Seriously?
I'm all for Sanders staying in as long as he wants, and for as long as he has support, even if only to register the party's temperature on his message and provide space (and data, and some organization) to nurture the next generation Sanders candidate with a longer term plan and strategy.

But this superdelegate strategy of winning without actually winning isn't going to work, and it'd only undo any actual progress he's accomplished to date in stoking the passions on the left. Without coming out ahead of Hillary sans-superdelegates he's got no fair or principled argument to make. I can't see it actually getting to that point though.

Holmes

Saying "Elizabeth Warren is awesome" to defend your subtle sexism is sort of like saying "I have gay friends but...." but I'm not going to get involved in this mess of a discussion.

If Bernie goes third party, not only will I vote for him, but I will do my damnedest to play my part in burning that witch to the ground.

Do you (btw, I voted for Bernie today) realize you are the new HillaryIs44? You are those people from 2008. That's who you are. That's embarassing.

Stop being a baby.

You used very specific sexist derogatory terms. That you wouldn't call another woman those names does not make the comments not sexist.

Which would be enough to split the Dem base, lose the election, then Trump puts Cruz on the SC.

Nothing even a tiny bit liberal passes the court for 30-40 years.

I think Bernie would get more votes from republicans than Hillary would, and he'd get more independents than Trump would.

Fuck the dems. Never been one myself anyway.

What does that have to do with using sexist language vs a female politician?

"I'm not racist, I have a black friend."

Just clean it up. If you want to call her a piece of shit, call her a piece of shit. As your multiquote shows, I wasn't the only one that had that reaction.

If this was seen as overtly sexist language, then I apologize. I didn't realize that.

However, Hillary is quite despicable in my eyes. I'll leave it at that.

HUELEN10

I think Bernie would get more votes from republicans than Hillary would, and he'd get more independents than Trump would.

If this was seen as overtly sexist language, then I apologize. I didn't realize that.

However, Hillary is quite despicable in my eyes. I'll leave it at that.

Baloney.

Btw it wasn't seen as overtly sexist language it is overtly sexist language.

I'm sure you also have many black friends.

Sure I do. I am black after all.

Saying "Elizabeth Warren is awesome" to defend your subtle sexism is sort of like saying "I have gay friends but...." but I'm not going to get involved in this mess of a discussion.

Do you (btw, I voted for Bernie today) realize you are the new HillaryIs44? You are those people from 2008. That's who you are. That's embarassing.

Stop being a baby.

How about not using specifically gender charged sexist language then.

You used very specific sexist derogatory terms. That you wouldn't call another woman those names does not make the comments not sexist.

Again, my apologies for the apparently sexist language. It was completely coincidental and not at all intended as a sexist remark.

Ecotic

Disillusioned Bernie groups and supporters just need to hold Hillary's feet to the fire as best they can if she's President. It's like Phoenixdark used to say, she'll be constrained by a leftward drifting party who will tolerate little of her old 1990's third way style. She's a friend who can still deliver great progressive victories and institutionalize a lot of progress with a third and possibly fourth consecutive term.

Bernie isn't going to be winning rep votes, he won't win the vast bulk of the dem vote, just a portion of the youth lib vote. Enough to kill any chance we have of ensuring a Supreme Court that might consider Bernies politics favorable.

He'd be setting back any progressive agenda for a generation.

Baloney.

Btw it wasn't seen as overtly sexist language it is overtly sexist language.

Now, I've been very transparent about my mistake, but I'm not gonna be dealing with shit like this.

Unless you have proof that I knew that the language was or would be interpreted as sexist, please don't speak for my conscience.

It doesn't mean you're necessarily on the right side either though. Specially since, someone on the opposite side shares many thing in common.

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/08/465974199/what-do-sanders-and-trump-have-in-common-more-than-you-think

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/01/what-bernie-sanders-and-donald-trump-have-in-common/422907/

They have some similar stances on trade.

And that's about it.

Their stances on money in politics are entirely dissimilar, they have very different ideas about how government should be used and where.

All the articles in the world don't change the fact that Bernie and Trump are polar opposites on the political spectrum.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I have female friends.

NYT headline "Clinton and Trump are winning votes but not hearts."

#enthusiasmgap
#stilldisarray

Wow, Hillary's favorables are not great, but Trumps are considerably worse. To put them in the same bracket is incredibly deceiving. That's the 'Establishment' media for ya.

Wow, Hillary's favorables are not great, but Trumps are considerably worse. To put them in the same bracket is incredibly deceiving. That's the 'Establishment' media for ya.
Hillary will walk into the White House with some very high favorables.

If only because Trump doesn't have a cool to lose, and will inevitably turn Hillary into the white knight who defeated the dragon.

CCS

Banned
Just woken up. What a beautiful night. I knew our Queen was putting in WERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK, but I never imagined she'd sweep like that.

tumblr_inline_nqehddyrpT1qc7ied_500.gif

Holmes

Hillary will walk into the White House with some very high favorables.

If only because Trump doesn't have a cool to lose, and will inevitably turn Hillary into the white knight who defeated the dragon.
I think her favorables will see positive territory during the general when she's seen side-by-side against Trump, but it won't be a big lovefest.

HUELEN10

They have some similar stances on trade.

And that's about it.

Their stances on money in politics are entirely dissimilar, they have very different ideas about how government should be used and where.

All the articles in the world don't change the fact that Bernie and Trump are polar opposites on the political spectrum.

When you are me...

lDfPe9t.jpg

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46

They are equally close and apart though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom