• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Their hate consumed them. I actually checked in on them from time to time and got to watch their evolution. They went hardcore for Romney in 2012 and got depressed when he lost too. Then they raged at Obama for another four years and were initially happy when Hillary declared; the irony is that they had indulged in right wing madness for eight years by that point and for some reason they believed Hillary would run against everything Obama stood for. When she didn't, they started saying she was just doing what she needed to do to win the nomination, but that it would fail her in the general election.

When it became clear Hillary was running for a third Obama term, they dropped her and fell in love with Trump.

The really funny thing here is that in all that time they never decided to change their URL.

ivysaur12

Banned
IMG_RAL-ROSS_1_1_RQ79QNT1

brb just heard I'm going to be senator

We have gotten to the point that circumventing the voters with super delegates is not bad and dirty politics.

After all that has been said in the campaigns from all sides.

What about if you are saying you want to use superdelegates to overturn the will of the voters while also saying that we need to get rid of superdelegates?

Armaros

What about if you are saying you want to use superdelegates to overturn the will of the voters while also saying that we need to get rid of superdelegates?

That ends up being "let me abuse this system because im losing and then remove it so they wont use it against me next time, but its really bad guys"

Especially since if the same people would be crying foul if it was reversed.

Aww don't leave, you're one of my favourites :(

Aw no, don't leave!

I'm still around. I just don't expect myself to be contributing much for a while. Between Hillary and a racist fascist, this race mildly depresses me. I'm glad a lot of poligaf seems to be excited about Hillary, but I just don't see the appeal. I wish I could see something to excite myself about, but I don't. I guess the fact that democrats will have the first black and first woman president is cool, but that's about it. I'll be voting in November with the kind of enthusiasm that a person clocks into work with, so fawning over election gossip for the next six months just doesn't make sense to me.

And I see that brainchild went and got himself banned, so I'm slowly becoming the lone bernie bro here.

ivysaur12

Banned
So 2 things:

Missouri isnt official for Clinton because theres still absentee ballots i hear?

Looks like Monmouth poll was the only one that had Clinton winning by double digits in Ohio recently? are they one of the best now i guess

loved this song :)

Hillary and Trump have been winning absentee ballots and early voting, so their leads are probably just going to expand.

It would be shocking if Bernie won absentee ballots. Good news is the news cycle has gone with the big sweep. So revising it a week from now means little, should he manage a comeback.

Tubie

I can't believe the last few pages (and OT threads in general regarding Bernie).

Hillary is far better than anything the GOP will bring out, and she will nominate liberal judges for 8 years.

How is this hard for some Bernie supporters?

A 6-3 liberal court could fix a lot of the bullshit state republicans have passed in the last 8 years (abortion rights, voting rights, and the environment come to mind right away).

Brinbe

This was such a fantastic night for Hillary and for Dems. Especially after the disappointment of last week in Michigan. The expectations game played to her benefit and she not only picked up every state, but she killed him in the delegate count. Props to her team for not panicking and coming through, whether that be via blowout or by the thinnest of margins. They forced the narrative and killed the media horse race.

Right now, seeing Bernie supporters come to grips with defeat, seeing the talk of Hillaryis44 and sensing the end of the real competition of this primary, all just makes me miss 08 quite a bit. And I now realize that this cycle has absolutely NOTHING on that primary, even with Trump's bullshit. That shit was fullout warfare on the Dem side, and there was so much shit flung between Romney/McCain. There was something new popping out every week, and he had to contend with quite a lot of shit if you think about it.

And compared to Trump and the other candidates this year, it was a real pleasure to watch Obama turn out humongous crowds everywhere and come out with those amazing speeches along the way. I pretty much watched all his rallies and memorized his stump. Bams is probably the best politician to come along in my lifetime and I guess he's the Dem equivalent of Reagan.

It's pretty awesome that he's going out on a positive level of approval. Makes you appreciate what we have when see who's on the GOP side of things. He's gonna be an amazing surrogate in the fall, unlike Bush in 08 who pretty much hid out of sight.

Anyway, wake me up when Hillary and Bernie have the 2016 version of the Unity rally

HUELEN10

I can't believe the last few pages (and OT threads in general regarding Bernie).

Hillary is far better than anything the GOP will bring out, and she will nominate liberal judges for 8 years.

How is this hard for some Bernie supporters?)

Not everyone who voted for Bernie cares for liberal judges for one.

Tubie

Not everyone who voted for Bernie cares for liberal judges for one.

They should, it's the most important and longest lasting thing Presidents do.

Edit: I wonder why you didn't quote my last line in that post, those 3 issues I mentioned in it are/should be core Bernie issues.

In the end the courts will decide whether the world dies or not when we're forced to start passing laws against coal mining and gas fracking.

So it's important we have liberal judges there when those issues come up.

“It’s amazing, he’s a cash machine,” marveled a Clinton insider. “If he loses, he says, ‘big bad Hillary is winning.’ Boom, $5 million. If he wins, it’s like, ‘keep the revolution going!’ Boom, $5 million. We got 1.5 million more votes. But either way, he gets $5 million.”
This is something I've kind of noticed and marveled at too.
A loss galvanises his donors. A win galvanises his donors.

I think a lot of HRC's donor network, and the Obama network are basically holding off now, given she's locked it up, saving their money for the general.

CCS

Banned

I think a lot of HRC's donor network, and the Obama network are basically holding off now, given she's locked it up, saving their money for the general.

I do admire that. I mean it's insanity but impressive.

I hope this incentivizes the DNC to start grooming younger, charismatic and progressive Democrats for their future bench.

It will be interesting to see what his fundraising is like after last night

operon

A brilliant night for our queen and for America, time to make it whole again. The grieving stage has well and truly arrived for some, brainchild sleep tight you'll be back, and Huelen10 its ok you can come out as a republican here we won't judge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom