• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I am an old man, and just looked up the meaning of "Facebanking", that sounds incredibly annoying.

My respect for Bernie would go out the window if he did this. It goes completely against what he's claimed his campaign to be about. It's really just about his ego at this point.

I think him going negative is a sign of things to come.

kingkitty

Since Trump is the Republican nominee, I hope Obama doesn't pick some centrist judge. If Obama can't get his nominee in, oh well, commie Clinton and her Democratic majority will get it done.

CCS

Banned
Blimey the Republicans went from 0-Mess quickly today.

OMG WHAT WILL MOOK DO NOW

https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersFor...us_bernout_plan_make_hillary_nonviable_in_45/

9rabiNa.gif

I am literally terrified right now :p

I am an old man, and just looked up the meaning of "Facebanking", that sounds incredibly annoying.

Swear to god, if someone did that to me they'd get a very sweary message and then blocked.

How in hell can they make the argument in general with a candidate that not only didn't win a single state, but wasn't even on the ballot? Is the GOP really keen on sending another a "promising" lamb to slaughter this cycle.

CCS

Banned
Also from that r/sandersforpresident thread, an interesting approach to GOTV as one of the top comments:

I guess the question we have to ask ourselves is:
How do we LEGALLY get all major colleges and universities to remain closed on caucus day?
I can think of easy ways to do it illegally.
But we need to come up with a way to do it legally.
It's time for our revolution to start looking justttt a little bit more like a revolution.

Hmmmmm...

So realistically we are either going to get Trump who will be a weak candidate, or we get someone who would be a better candidate but will have to have cheated the process to get there and won't have any legitimacy with Republican voters

Slayven

No matter how the shit show in the GOP ends up, I can see a Neo-Teaparty faction raising up in the aftermath. A faction so toxic and angry that they will be a borderline hate group.

Grief.exe

I'm wondering if the narrative of "voters will revolt if the RNC steals the nomination" are overblown. GOP voters are pretty well known for falling in line. Remind them of the existential threat of Scalia's empty seat, and I think they could still end up rallying around whatever suit the RNC gives the nom to.

These guys are angry and irrational, I'd bet on a percentage staying home for this one.

I'm torn on Trump skipping the debate.

I think it definitely hurts because it gives Cruz a 2-hour window to just rip Trump with no rebuttals. He can lie, exaggerate, say whatever he wants, and nobody will be there to tell him differently. He can spend 2 hours connecting Trump to the KKK and nobody will say boo about it.

I think it could help Trump in this way: Kasich gets WAY more screen time. Cruz needs Rubio voters to topple Trump. In a debate like this, I think Kasich is going to get a lot of time to convince those voters to come to him, and I think he can.

Then again, no one is going to watch because it's Ted Cruz.

Bowdz

Boehner needs to make up his goddamn mind. He pleads for Ryan to be speaker, dude begrudgingly accepts. Now that's not good enough and the orange wants him to be president. Fucking oranges man.

NeoXChaos

so we looking at Arizona and Hawaii for Hillary, the rest Sanders.

Gabriel Debenedetti ‏@gdebenedetti 5m5 minutes ago
12+ hrs after Tues polls closed, Sanders' campaign still hasn't sent out a fundraising email, which is uncharacteristic, to say the least.

Bowdz

Did you come out on top?
Nope
Does your hair look like a mop?
Yup
Does your collar pop?
Nope
Should you drop?
Yup
Bernie Sanders' got choices
He's here to preach change but it's all in his head
Bernie Sanders' got choices
It's getting so late that it's time for his bed
But Bernie's never going broke, ya ya ya
Goin stay and make money, ya ya ya

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
In the same question-and-answer session here, Boehner referred to Ted Cruz as "lucifer." He previously called the Texas senator, who led the failed Republican effort to shut down the government over Obamacare, a “jackass.”

Man I never thought there would be a time when I liked John fucking Boehner, but there it is.

Such a terrible result for Bernie especially in Florida and Ohio - the states with the most delegates.
No fundraising email either. Combine that his campaign staff are floating the idea his strategy now is to win with the most super delegates and not pledged says a lot....his campaign for the nomination is over.

This. If true, no idea why he'd do this :(

Hrm
His criminal justice record has been described as conservative, owing to rulings that favor law enforcement, however.

The National Review has called foul on the claim that Garland is a tried and true moderate justice, though. The claim is based off of Garland's record regarding gun control in which the judge voted to pave the way for stricter gun laws in D.C. Garland's decision marked a major turning point in restrictions that would prevent gun ownership for those seeking handguns as protective tools for self-defense.

Given the fact that Obama is looking to making sweeping changes when it comes to gun control, this point may count in Garland's favor. It's certainly one of the few liberal stances he's shown in his illustrious career, pointing to the fact that Garland is primarily a moderate when his cumulative rulings and opinions are taken into consideration.

Scotusblog with the in depth profile

given how in the bag hills has this, Garland would be a massive disappointment, i feel.

HylianTom

Banned
I like 'em younger, but something tells me that Obama is pretty confident about Dems' prospects for winning the White House with enough frequency such that getting the chance to replace him won't be too difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom