• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

zou

State // 538 Prediction // Actual (As of 8:00 PM PST)
•Florida // 32.1% // 33.3%
•Illinois // 44.1% // 48%
•Missouri // 48% // 50.8%
•North Carolina // 36.2% // 40.7%
•Ohio // 43.1% // 42.9%

We did better than projected. Keep your heads up. This ain't over.

EDIT: And ignore the trolls!

Absolutely! We knew this would likely happen, we just set out hopes to high. We are losing badly, do not forget that, but we can still do this.

What are our chances? Much higher than they were last year. How much did our chances dip tonight? A few percentage points at most.

Polling average had us down 110 delegates. If they are awarded perfectly proportional the result will be exactly that.

It may look bad but tonight didn't change much.

I mean, wow...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow Trump cleaned up. Way, way better night than I predicted.

LOL. The 538 predictions after results coming in is the basis of comparison?

It's like using my Final Model™ and comparing it to the result.
Code:
		Final Model								
		Living Astronaut	One-named Singer	First Initial	Age / 42		Crocodile or Alligator	McDonald's Burger	Jeremy Clarkson	
Clinton		John Glenn		Cher			H		1.619047619		Alligator		McChicken		Asshole
Sanders		Buzz Aldrin		Madonna			B		1.761904762		Crocodile		Filet-O-Fish		Asshole

Illinois	Ohio	Florida	Missouri	NC					
Clinton	51		57	65	50		55					
Sanders	49		43	33	49		41
Watermelondreavotes.com

CCS

Banned
11am Eastern the Supreme Court nominee will be announced

Excited for Sri. Going to be so good.

LOL. The 538 predictions after results coming in is the basis of comparison?

It's like using my Final Model™ and comparing it to the result.
Code:
		Final Model								
		Living Astronaut	One-named Singer	First Initial	Age / 42		Crocodile or Alligator	McDonald's Burger	Jeremy Clarkson	
Clinton		John Glenn		Cher			H		1.619047619		Alligator		McChicken		Asshole
Sanders		Buzz Aldrin		Madonna			B		1.761904762		Crocodile		Filet-O-Fish		Asshole

Illinois	Ohio	Florida	Missouri	NC					
Clinton	51		57	65	50		55					
Sanders	49		43	33	49		41
Watermelondreavotes.com

I love you.

Diablos

Ugh I worry that dark horse Kasich will win a contested convention. RNC can change the 8 state rule thing, I heard last night.

Don you failed us in OH brah

Cheebo

Banned
The OT thread has devolved into Hillary is a right-winger neocon who doesn't care about domestic policy at all and just wants to invade other countries.

Wonderful.

CCS

Banned
If you fancy a laugh, the comments section on every r/politics article is incredible right now. The Sanders circlejerk and the counter-circlejerk are tearing lumps out of each other, it's like an entire stadium's worth of people started a brawl.

Cheebo

Banned
This DINO not a true liberal nonsense is just as bad as the tea party. I mean look at the Florida dem primary where Grayson is winning.

Nominating him is like the tea party picking Todd Aiken in the MO senate race a few years back.

11am Eastern the Supreme Court nominee will be announced

Would the person Obama nominates be first in line as Clinton's pick or would they be damaged goods if they can't get confirmed this year?

This DINO not a true liberal nonsense is just as bad as the tea party. I mean look at the Florida dem primary where Grayson is winning.

Nominating him is like the tea party picking Todd Aiken in the MO senate race a few years back.

I only registered as a Democrat to vote against Grayson.

This thread isn't for complaining about people in other threads. If you want to engage those people do so, if you don't then keep it to yourself.

Well... this is a lot worse than '08 at this point. I understand your point about not derailing conversation. However, maybe it has some value as a conversation starter?

There is a question that really needs to be asked:

Are Bernie fans actually interested in reconciliation?

He's far behind from where Hillary was in '08, and at this point, it was hopeless for Hillary to continue to contest. Yet, at this point, if Hillary has to use superdelegates to reach the threshold, there are going to be endless complaints about democracy being thwarted, which is frankly, incredibly unfair. Hillary won, fair and square. She didn't cheat. She's not this corrupt individual that people continue painting her as...

Oltsu

Banned
Weak grief.exe doesn't want to make America whole again. Sad!

What does "make America whole again" mean exactly?

Annex Canada so that Alaska doesn't have to be stranded alone and sad? I mean I don't like Canada either but that's a ballsy move even for hillary.

If you want to discuss in generalities what his support base of voters / strong demographics will do, no one is stopping you. That's a very different thing from the above.

Anyway, looking at the results again for the GOP side, if Rubio had dropped out before these contests, there probably was still a possible "Stop Trump" path. If Kasich could have somehow selectively dropped out except in Ohio, even moreso.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What does "make America whole again" mean exactly?

Annex Canada so that Alaska doesn't have to be stranded alone and sad? I mean I don't like Canada either but that's a ballsy move even for hillary.
It means she will take Mexico. That is how we will bring jobs back to America! Disagree? Sad!

HylianTom

Banned
This gives me life. Our Queen looks down on us with love.
tumblr_m3a3uhnmO61r1j2dc.gif

10% more love than the next leading brand!

Diablos

Trump was just on Morning Joe, and when asked who he speaks with about foreign policy, he said himself...
Okay this is legitimately scary.

Btw I think Rubio would be Kasich's VP for sure.

Btw2 Merrick Garland is the best judge name ever. Also could be a FF boss.

Trump on CNN just previewed his line of attack for Hillary. She's a disgrace cause she's under investigations, and she doesn't have the strength or stamina to be president

Gruco

Banned
OK, random thoughts from last night.

I expected OH would be Hillary, but not by 14 points. That was a pleasant surprise. The sweep was also pretty great.

I wanted bigger margins in NC and FL. Lame.

At this point, I think it's fair to say that supporting Sanders is functionally equivalent to supporting Trump.

I can't even bring myself to draft a mocking "It's just getting started" rant from TYT or something similar. The poor people deserve to grieve for a few days.

One take away is that MI last week was a genuine perfect storm. Bad weights in the polls, Hillary complacency and crossover, Sanders fans with their backs against the wall, and the last minute union Sanders GOTV all dovetailed.

I used to think Trump would tone the rhetoric down and start attacking Clinton on Wall Street, free trade, and her interventionism in the GE. But now I don't think he's that smart.

CCS

Banned
Trump's attack game very weak. Won't sway anyone who was planning on voting for her given that it's been being used for YEARS.

Very poor work, very low energy from Trump. Poor little demagogue.

User 406

Banned
Fuck yeah, what a great night!

Tim McGinty out on his cop murder enabling ASS! Lost by over ten points! Glad to see Illinois got rid of their foot dragging prosecutor as well. Hopefully this new O'Malley guy will at least wait a while before he deliberately tanks a case of a cop shooting an unarmed black person.

Got our Health and Human Services levy by a huge margin, Mrs. Manky gonna get paid.

Ted Strickland is our Senate nominee, as expected.

And our QUEEN, Marcia Fudge, SLAAAAAAYED the evil forces of Unopposed and No Petition Filed. And who would even dare?

Oh yeah, and I think Hillary Clinton got some delegates or something?

Time to go back about a zillion pages and catch up on this thread. =_=

Jarmel

Banned
Man some of my GOP friends are salty about last night. One of them was a Rubio supporter and you could tell that was a sore subject.

danm999

I used to think Trump would tone the rhetoric down and start attacking Clinton on Wall Street, free trade, and her interventionism in the GE. But now I don't think he's that smart.

I think Trump is dead if he gets too deep into a policy discussion. He'll keep up the insult comedy for the moment at least.

Fun hypothetical.

We have a contested GOP convention with someone besides Trump coming out victorious.

This will be a disaster for the Presidency since I bet Trump runs 3rd party, but that was the goal of the GOP as they realize the white house is lost.

The real goal is to increase GOP turnout since Trump voters will probably still vote Republican on down-ticket races giving them both the House and Senate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom