• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kork is a dipshit. He's running scaremongering, SCARY MOSLEMZ ads all month in IL against Duckworth. He's such a pos now angling for a "see? I dont like the gop!" play.

I despise him, but I think he's always been of the class of politicians who wants to govern, not take stances. I read this more as him being toast regardless, might as well do what's actually right.

kingkitty

Obama would not have chosen Garland if he wasn't fine with him on the bench.

He is easily a left leaning moderate of the truest sense. He has a record against judicial activism.

But remember, Garland was chosen with the idea of passing him thru a Republican majority, during a contentious election year. If we know 100 percent that a few months after November, Democrats will have a majority in the senate, with a Democratic president, it would seem like a wasted opportunity to not rescind it and get a more liberal, and/or younger judge next year.

Obama would not have chosen Garland if he wasn't fine with him on the bench.

He is easily a left leaning moderate of the truest sense. He has a record against judicial activism.

Yeah I don't get the push back. Other than his old I don't have a problem with him actually making it to the court.

HylianTom

Banned
One small regret: I wish that Obama would've done this on Thursday, just so that Hillary would've had a good day to bask in the afterglow of her great night.

(Senator Franken is on MSNBC! My guy!)

Mael

Your point being? I'm also queer and voting Trump is a possibility. Point is, I'm nothing party-wise, and I refuse to let labels or affiliation control me. That's why I'm NPA, signing to a party solely for the primary.

So you're basically a DINO.
And what does your sexual orientation have to do with anything?
Might as well have said you were gluten intolerant and prefer Frozen to Inside Out.
Considering how little concern you've shown for the democratic race and how much enthusiasm you've shown for the republican race it's a wonder you decided to vote in the boring D race.

Putin has been humiliating himself for a while and Jihad John is dead, so idk.

A queer Jewish man supporting Donald Trump (a white nationalist candidate) and Ben Carson (who has compared the LGBT community to child molesters and people who have sex with dogs) is... so strange.

I feel like Huelen was on Bee's Trump segment.

A queer Jewish man supporting Donald Trump (a white nationalist candidate) and Ben Carson (who has compared the LGBT community to child molesters and people who have sex with dogs) is... so strange.

it's called looking for attention

Valhelm

contribute something

I feel like Huelen was on Bee's Trump segment.

Trump is quite popular with Orthodox Jews, mostly because of his traditional ties to that community, and the fact that daughter is one

HUELEN10

So you're basically a DINO.
And what does your sexual orientation have to do with anything?
Might as well have said you were gluten intolerant and prefer Frozen to Inside Out.
Considering how little concern you've shown for the democratic race and how much enthusiasm you've shown for the republican race it's a wonder you decided to vote in the boring D race.
My top 3, initial top 3, was Biden, Sanders, and Carson, in that order. Sadly the top 3 is gone, and 2 of those were democrats, the man I wanted more than anything as my president is not running, Carson is out, and we don't know what will end up happening for Bernie yet.

If it isn't favorable, and I do vote in the general, either he is getting another vote from me, no one is, or a Republican is. I mean, things have gotten exhausted over the last few weeks, and when your top picks run out...

Well, you gotta look elsewhere.

Like, a lot of people get aggressive when their candidate isn't winning, I don't because I lost day 1 (Biden :( you had my vote) and it makes no sense to me. I don't like being called a republican because I'm not, it doesn't describe me well. Things that matter to me, the issues I care about aren't that important or common to others, but that's okay. The point is, don't be quick to label someone as something just because of other traits about them; it doesn't make sense to do so.

Holmes

I'm afraid Republicans might try to vote for Garland after Trump loses the election. Of course Obama could rescind the nomination that same month. I wonder how much of a gut punch that would be for Garland. I'd feel bad for him.
I think if that was Obama's plan, they had agreed to it beforehand and Garland himself would step down from the nomination. I would also be willing to guess that Obama would have a big say in Hillary's nomination.

Holmes

Good to see that stupid debate was cancelled.

Shit, I have thread duties for the final presidential debate. I should start brainstorming.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Man, Michigan scared the crap out of me, feel a lot better now.

At least it motivated me to double down on making sure I can get out to my caucus on the 26th.

Obama isn't shitty enough of a guy to give someone an honor like this just to stick it to someone else politically.

He fully intends him to be appointed.

He could revoke the nomination if they delay it till election time but I doubt he would do that to the guy.

Holmes

Obama isn't shitty enough of a guy to give someone an honor like this just to stick it to someone else politically.

He could revoke the nomination if they delay it till election time but I doubt he would do that to the guy.
If it's true, Obama and Garland have an agreement.

Cyrillus

Might be a little late with this, but I thought it was hilarious:

Ted Cruz urged to apologize for attacks against Mitch McConnell
Senior Senate Republicans are calling on Sen. Ted Cruz to rebuild his strained relationships with his colleagues and apologize to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell before the party establishment considers consolidating behind his presidential bid.
As their party burns down around them, they're still more concerned with their feelings than actually regaining control of the party. I guess it shouldn't be shocking at this point, with this being example # 39348 of them being out of touch and completely self-serving.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Does the nomination expire automatically when Obama leaves office?

Jarmel

Banned

As their party burns down around them, they're still more concerned with their feelings than actually regaining control of the party. I guess it shouldn't be shocking at this point, with this being example # 39348 of them being out of touch and completely self-serving.

Cruz pretty much refusing to do this also shows why nobody likes his ass in that he's not even willing to throw an olive branch.

Iolo

Code:
		Final Model								
		Living Astronaut	One-named Singer	First Initial	Age / 42		Crocodile or Alligator	McDonald's Burger	Jeremy Clarkson	
Clinton		John Glenn		Cher			H		1.619047619		Alligator		McChicken		Asshole
Sanders		Buzz Aldrin		Madonna			B		1.761904762		Crocodile		Filet-O-Fish		Asshole

Second comes right after first!

Rubenov

Bizarro world when the hitherto anti-establishment candidate becomes the establishment candidate.

Ophelion

Queen pays us off for blocking the polling locations.

Is this how you get your foot in the door with the establishment? Is it like getting your SAG card? Like you start of just obstructing democracy and then before you know it, you're sitting on the shadow council with the Smoking Man or whatever?

Salvadora

Obama won't rescind the Supreme Court nomination to Garland in the unlikely event that Republican Senators come to their senses, and thank goodness for that.

Garland is more than qualified for the role.

Sure there are more liberal candidates out there, but he is a stellar legal mind who will steer the court in the right direction. The fact that Obama is even getting the chance to replace a Conservative Justice, and Scalia at that, is cause for celebration.

Cyrillus

Cruz pretty much refusing to do this also shows why nobody likes his ass in that he's not even willing to throw an olive branch.
It's more that he wants to double-dip, he wants establishment support while not kissing the establishment's ass so he can still claim to be anti-establishment. It's probably going to ruin the small chance he might've had, but who knows how desperate they'll get as the convention approaches.

Bizarro world when the hitherto anti-establishment candidate becomes the establishment candidate.
True, who would've thought a year ago that we'd be discussing the Republican party possibly rallying around Ted Cruz as the establishment candidate.

Is this how you get your foot in the door with the establishment? Is it like getting your SAG card? Like you start of just obstructing democracy and then before you know it, you're sitting on the shadow council with the Smoking Man or whatever?
Yes. I'm a level four right now. Im making my way to the top.

And an elbow brace that I have to wear 23 hours a day is as sexy and comfortable as you would expect.

Does the nomination expire automatically when Obama leaves office?

Honestly I have no idea. Its never happened before to my knowledge so I don't think there's really any teling what would happen in that scenario if they block it all the way until he's out..

But, there's still a two+ month period after the election to make the appointment happen. GOP will scramble to get it through and I doubt Obama will flip around and revoke the appointment

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
With Garland, you gotta remember that assuming Hillary wins this November, RBG will probably step down during her first term. Sri would be a great replacement for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom