• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see that stupid debate was cancelled.

Shit, I have thread duties for the final presidential debate. I should start brainstorming.

It's a few pages back but I've always wanted to see a Futurama themed thread!

Bernie would be the Professor eternally saying 'Good news Everyone!'. Clinton can be Leela, and Trump can be Bender. Cruz would be Zoidberg..

CCS

Banned
He's about to get influxed with cash.

I honestly feel it's kind of dodgy to keep milking supporters like this when his campaign is all but dead. Especially when you see all these posts from people who can't really afford to about how much they're contributing.

Slacker

He's about to get influxed with cash.

Some from this redditor:

pB7nG5x.jpg

CCS

Banned
Some guy on r/politics has put together a list of the headlines from every H.A. Goodman article: https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/c...of_bernie_sanders_supporters_will_not/d11xzju

Some samples for you:

33 Percent of Bernie Sanders Supporters Will Not Vote for Hillary Clinton. Here's Why

10 Reasons Caitlyn Jenner Is Absolutely Right About Hillary Clinton

Obama's Justice Department Just Gave Bryan Pagliano Immunity and Bernie Sanders the Presidency

If Hillary Clinton Isn't Influenced by Wall Street Cash, Then Why Overturn Citizens United?

5 Reasons Bernie Sanders Will Win the Presidency in a Landslide

Bernie Sanders Will Win Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina. Here's Why.

Bernie Sanders Opposes Perpetual War. Donald "The U.S. has become a dumping ground" Trump and Clinton Could Usher Another Military Draft

The Only Way to Destroy ISIS Is With a Bernie Sanders Presidency

Why George Orwell Would Vote for Bernie Sanders, Not Hillary Clinton

I'd wager 99% of those "my heart medication can wait" posts are fake. Vast, vast majority of people aren't going to donate what they can't afford, and anyone who does has their own issues unrelated to a candidate. He's still running, if people still want to support him regardless of his chances, so be it.

ivysaur12

Banned
My friend's cousin made a terrible/hilarious music video, but you're all welcome to use this gif after you sweep five states cc: GayPoliGAF

lnq7SLL.gif

Acosta

Okay, let's vote for biggest Trump lies:

Biggest Trump lie that is easily fact-checked within 10 seconds.

1. China is devaluing their currency
2. I am self-funding my campaign.

Biggest Trump lie based on paranoid hate speech.

1. Thousands of Muslims in NJ cheered on 9/11
2. Mexico is intentionally sending rapists to the United States

Do you really believe people care for the truth?

1. People don't understand what all that mumbo-jumbo means, but Trump is a successful businessman, huge one, if he says so, it will be true. Damned China!

2. The guy goes from one place to another in a 757 with his name plastered on it and there is a building in Manhattan with his name in giant letters. If he says he is self-funding, people will believe him, no check needed.

----

1. Trump voters don't like muslims.
2. Trump voter don't like illegal immigrants.

There, that's why the truth means nothing. You can't engage with Trump over this stuff, he will just grab you to the mud like he did with Rubio and you are finished.

You can't compete with decades of brand building, in the collective imaginary Trump is this successful billionaire that has buildings all around the world, and he is saying the stuff his voters want to hear (more or less secretly). No fact check, no humorist and no TV host is going to dispel that idea (sorry Oliver).

Honestly, stop underestimating him, or better, stop overestimating society.

Do you really believe people care for the truth?

1. People don't understand what all that mumbo-jumbo means, but Trump is a successful businessman, huge one, if he says so, it will be true. Damned China!

2. The guy goes from one place to another in a 757 with his name plastered on it and there is a building in Manhattan with his name in giant letters. If he says he is self-funding, people will believe him, no check needed.

----

1. Trump voters don't like muslims.
2. Trump voter don't like illegal immigrants.

There, that's why the truth means nothing. You can't engage with Trump over this stuff, he will just grab you to the mud like he did with Rubio and you are finished.

You can't compete with decades of brand building, in the collective imaginary Trump is this successful billionaire that has buildings all around the world, and he is saying the stuff his voters want to hear (more or less secretly). No fact check, no humorist and no TV host is going to dispel that idea (sorry Oliver).

Honestly, stop underestimating Trump, or better, stop overestimating society.

lol, I'm just asking which is the more extreme lie, I don't think they affect him at all in the primary.

HylianTom

Banned
"I had a lovely diamond that I was going to sell so that I could buy some poison antidote for my loved one.. but we have to continue the fight! Sorry, Lao Che.. I'll call you when I get another gemstone!"
Screenshot2.jpg

CCS

Banned
Next Tuesday will be another March 5 with Sanders winning the small caucus states and Clinton winning the big primary (and she'll win it big), so she'll expand her lead. I doubt the media will scream "momentum!" afterwards though.

edit: Speaking of which...

https://twitter.com/Strategy_48/status/709804178621661185

Donald "My twitter has become so powerful" Trump 31
Cruz 19
Rubio 10
Kasich 10

Clinton 50
Sanders 24

But I heard Sanders was going to win by 80% in every state...

Yknow
I kinda read poligaf because i dont want to read reddit shit. Posting the crap they write is pretty dang similar to whining about OT threads. Can we, like, not do that?

Poligaf, any articles on what went wrong for Sanders in OH? I want to see how much accurate I was regarding Franklin and Hamilton counties.

I'm amazed that Clinton was able to sweep after all of the Rahm and NAFTA talk by Sanders. I thought she would have lost Cook County by a lot in Illinois.

What they fail to realize is that Hillary is going to reach the magic number with supers sometime in May. They want to argue that she should reach it with pledged but neither her or Obama were able to get it by pledged so the supers put Obama over the top. She's definitely going to reach it by pledged but that won't be till June 7th.

I still vividly remember waking up each morning and checking out to see which super switched that day. It was like Christmas almost everyday.

jtb

Banned
All this talk about closed and open maybe has a 1% sway one way or another. Barely worth discussing. If you're gonna win the state, you're gonna win the state.

All this talk about closed and open maybe has a 1% sway one way or another. Barely worth discussing. If you're gonna win the state, you're gonna win the state.

Not true as Oklahoma shows. Even in LA the effect was more than 1%. We're not just talking about crossover Dems, but independents.

billeh

One benefit of Sanders running to the end is it allows future social democrats to easily identify areas ripe for some political revolutioning.

Get a whole bunch of mini Bernies out there taking over the house and senate .. Where things really matter.

I'm amazed that Clinton was able to sweep after all of the Rahm and NAFTA talk by Sanders. I thought she would have lost Cook County by a lot in Illinois.
Cook County has a knack for just flat out voting weird. Dorothy Brown's circuit court office was indicted by the FBI and yet she still wins. Not to mention Jesse Jackson Jr not too long ago .. We love corruption.

Sianos

In light of the events last night, what is the likelihood of a brokered gonvention? What would have to occur going forward for it to happen? And is there a GOP final trump card in the event they can't get to the convention traditionally?

Effect

I like to think that most people understand that Rahm Emmanuel's actions are his own. He was the one making them. However being connected if by endorsement likely did hurt a little. I've always felt it was a slimy attack though. They're their own people. She was more connected with him decades ago. It's not like he did what he did then. His actions are recent and completely his own. There's nothing Clinton related guiding his hand or even defending his actions.

I don't think the NAFTA stuff worked though otherwise Ohio might have gone differently and I still think Michigan was people not voting or crossing the line thinking she had things taken care of. The loss likely helped her yesterday by reminding people regardless of polls you need to vote.

In light of the events last night, what is the likelihood of a brokered gonvention? What would have to occur going forward for it to happen? And is there a GOP final trump card in the event they can't get to the convention traditionally?

Trump has to not do well in California and Cruz has to break 20% in New York and probably Trump needs to not win Wisconsin or Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom