• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think he's giving it at Boise State in front of a bunch of college kids. Why he didn't get himself to AIPAC today is just stupid.
I just see it as a matter of priorities. He gave AIPAC the shaft, and I wish Hill did the same. This is one area I really want our politicians to be left on.

No idea why he specifically skipped this one. He offered to present remarks via video, but was turned down, so I assume it's not simply taking issue with AIPAC. He did get served a petition to skip AIPAC, but I doubt that's what's behind it.

That said, his disenchantment with Israeli policy is real and has a history. He skipped Netanyahu's speech last time he was in town, and he and Warren both refused to sign on to the Senate's warning to Palestine about the UN. He's certainly been willing to carry more water for Israel in the past than he currently seems to be.

The left wing of the Democratic party has been, for some time, drifting away from constant support of the Israelis, but the mainstream of the party isn't going anywhere.
I think if Obama could just publicly tell Netanyahu to basically go fuck himself he would, so I think the disenchantment is real for even the establishment. But there's still electoral necessity for the weird support Israel regardless.

Trump's talking at 5:45 EST, right?

I cooked dinner, and the fish was bad, so I had to order something and I don't want to miss this shit show.

besada

Banned
I think if Obama could just publicly tell Netanyahu to basically go fuck himself he would, so I think the disenchantment is real for even the establishment. But there's still electoral necessity for the weird support Israel regardless.

Yeah. Bernie is in a particularly weird spot, though, as his support comes from the young, left side of the party, who are largely antagonistic about Israel. Hill's support still resides in older voters who are more likely to accept the Democratic stance on Israel.

Trump's talking at 5:45 EST, right?

I cooked dinner, and the fish was bad, so I had to order something and I don't want to miss this shit show.

Side note: I cooked some bad fish (salmon) and ate it anyway a few days ago. Bad decision. I've been on and off the toilet ever since.

You made the right decision.

thcsquad

I still find it hard to believe this is happening. Consider all the things that could happen:

-Possibility of no candidate going into convention with required delegates
-Possibility of Trump going in with required delegates
-Massive protests outside Quicken Loans Arena
-Unrest and hostility inside Quicken Loans Arena
-Last ditch effort to stop Trump resulting in complete chaos inside arena
-Attempt to screw over Ted Cruz in some way

And thankfully the republican convention is first which means that Americans will see that shit show a week before the democrats roll out a peaceful display including President Obama (potentially with 51%+ approval ratings), Bill Clinton, and the first female nominee for president.

It's too good to believe.

I'm actually really excited for the general.
President Obama
Bill Clinton
Joe Biden
Bernie Sanders (I'm assuming he'll follow through on his repeated statements of 'nothing is more important than stopping the Republicans' and realize that it means actively campaigning in the general, much to the chagrin of r/s4p)
Elizabeth Warren

All popular figures, each with a different speaking style and appeal, out there campaigning hard against the Trumpster fire on the other side.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Speaking of Warren, it's interesting she decided to stay out of this Primary. She is far more pragmatic than I thought.

ampere

Cross-posting from an OT thread:
Why white voters won’t be enough to put Donald Trump in the White House (Washington Post)

This article is hefty. Lots of stats, lots of visuals, all adding-up to one thing: Trump is demographically FUCKED, and even mythologically amazing support from white voters can't save him.

Basically the same conclusion that the 538 demographic tool comes to

Even if you push white voter turnout to 100% the country goes blue electorally, but does lose popular vote by a bit

Speaking of Warren, it's interesting she decided to stay out of this Primary. She is far more pragmatic than I thought.

Yeah I guess she is hoping to rally everyone together for the GE after Bernie officially drops out to not seem like a shill for Clinton in the eyes of Bernie fans

Side note: I cooked some bad fish (salmon) and ate it anyway a few days ago. Bad decision. I've been on and off the toilet ever since.

You made the right decision.

Ugh, sorry about that. It looked fine, until I cut into it, and then it had to go. I made my rub and everything, so I thought it would be delicious. Pizza Hut for me, then.

studyguy

Cross-posting from an OT thread:
Why white voters won’t be enough to put Donald Trump in the White House (Washington Post)

This article is hefty. Lots of stats, lots of visuals, all adding-up to one thing: Trump is demographically FUCKED, and even mythologically amazing support from white voters can't save him.

I was going to say I thought Mitt's last run basically proved this point exactly but this goes into that same point and expands on it. Personally I just want to see that electorate get demolished to further prove the point. Hadn't seen the trends for Asian vote before though or past history of it. Interesting stuff, I assumed it was more evenly split dem/repub for them tbh.

CCS

Banned
Ya, it was broiled. I take some olive oil, fennel and dill and broil it. When it's about halfway done, I put fresh lemon on top. I love dill, so it's great, but the fish was bad in the middle.

Uhhh bad luck, that sounds like it would have been delicious otherwise.

What's funny is that Steve Schmidt says the exact thing about demographics like 30 seconds after Romney loses in 2012.

And now he's out there saying "Well Trump might have a chance!"

Pundits.

Ya, it was broiled. I take some olive oil, fennel and dill and broil it. When it's about halfway done, I put fresh lemon on top. I love dill, so it's great, but the fish was bad in the middle.

I've never cooked fish that was bad. What made you realize it was bad? Was the color weird.

I cook salmon 3-4 times a month and never had an issue. Bake, broiled, fried.

PBY

Banned
LOL @ wolf blitzer playing the sexism ad for Trump right with Trump there.

Wolf: Why do you attack Megyn Kelly?

Trump: Because if I didn't, her ratings would drop lower than yours.

I've never cooked fish that was bad. What made you realize it was bad? Was the color weird.

I cook salmon 3-4 times a month and never had an issue. Bake, broiled, fried.

It smelled a little off, and when I cut it in half (Because I was worried) it had a whole section that looked rotted. I don't eat salmon, it was cod. I always get my fish from the same place, and this hadn't happened before. I think it was just bad luck. I saved my receipt, and they'll replace it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It smelled a little off, and when I cut it in half (Because I was worried) it had a whole section that looked rotted. I don't eat salmon, it was cod. I always get my fish from the same place, and this hadn't happened before. I think it was just bad luck. I saved my receipt, and they'll replace it.

Yikes, that's rough.

ah, okay..it had a smell. And I'd recognize rot. Yeah, it was bad luck I'm sure. Just asking so I don't miss it in case I have some in the future.

edit: I once roasted a whole chicken and the inside was green. Apparently this is okay to eat. I still threw it out..

Teggy

You need to get on the Tilapia train - so yummy.

I'm weird about food. If there's even a remote chance that something is even a little off, I'm throwing it out. I waste so much food. I try to only buy what we can eat, but I don't really do left overs, either. Maybe later that night, but that's about it. Never the next day.

Oh, god, Kasich. Ugh. Anus mouth needs to shut the fuck up. I want to watch the train wreck, not pandering for the next half an hour.

Tilapia is the only white fish I don't like. I love flounder, cod, perch, etc. It's all good, Tilapia.....I can't do. I can only do salmon if it's in salmon patties.

Love Kasich telling everyone to come to Columbus. I mean, if he won't do it, who will?

"Reagan"

*drink*

You know what'll gross you out? Watch "The Circus." There's a clip of Kasich eating soup. With that mouth. Ya, it's as bad as you think.

I'm totally getting shit faced once Trump comes out. Had my 3rd (and 2nd to last) interview today, and they recommended me for hire. Need to celebrate.

ivysaur12

Banned
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...le-makes-another-run-for-the-Senate-in-Nevada

Sharron Angle, the GOP’s disastrous 2010 nominee, is back for another Senate campaign in Nevada. Angle filed just before the deadline for the June 14 primary, where she’ll face establishment favorite Rep. Joe Heck in a seat that both parties are fighting hard to win.

Angle’s defeat came during a great year overall for her party. However, Angle botched her campaign against unpopular Democratic Senate Leader Harry Reid by running a chaotic race. Among many other things, she managed to offend Latino voters numerous times. Most notably, Angle ran ads decrying undocumented immigration that featured generic pictures of Hispanics; she then told a class full of Latino students that they “look a little more Asian to me.” (Steve Benen compiles some of Angle’s other insane comments.)

Angle’s campaign certainly isn’t great news for Heck. At the very least, Angle will probably force him to expend some resources in the primary, and she may drag him to the right a bit. But Angle’s odds of actually emerging as the GOP nominee again are not good. Yes, Donald Trump’s decisive win in the Silver State’s presidential caucus demonstrates that Nevada Republicans can accept candidates like Angle. But unlike Angle, Trump didn’t lose a race he should have won to someone as hated as Reid. Indeed, a 2011 PPP poll found that Angle had a 31-52 favorable rating with Republicans. While numerous voters have undoubtedly forgotten about her since then (indeed, as a March Daily Beast story shows, Angle has largely faded into obscurity since her defeat), they’re probably not going to like her much once they’re reminded that she’s the woman who lost to Harry Reid.

Even if Republican voters are open to giving Angle a second chance, she’ll need a lot of resources if she’s going to run a credible campaign against Heck. Angle raised a ton of money during her race against Reid, but many (if not most) of those donors were more interested in ousting the Democratic leader than in sending Angle to Washington. Angle also relied on direct mail, which raises plenty of cash but costs a fortune to implement. Well-funded conservative groups also announced months ago that they had no interest in helping Angle throw away another race.

Still, presumptive Democratic nominee Catherine Cortez Masto, the former state attorney general, certainly isn’t going to complain if Angle makes some trouble for Heck for the next few months. Daily Kos Elections rates the general election as a Tossup.

dabig2

Tilapia is the only white fish I don't like. I love flounder, cod, perch, etc. It's all good, Tilapia.....I can't do. I can only do salmon if it's in salmon patties.

Love Kasich telling everyone to come to Columbus. I mean, if he won't do it, who will?

Kasich: "Welcome to Ohio. Ha ha now you are stuck in Ohio."

CCS

Banned
You know what'll gross you out? Watch "The Circus." There's a clip of Kasich eating soup. With that mouth. Ya, it's as bad as you think.

I'm totally getting shit faced once Trump comes out. Had my 3rd (and 2nd to last) interview today, and they recommended me for hire. Need to celebrate.

Nice, congratulations! :D

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

My neck of the woods, they are classified as invasive. The peace river is full of them, you can see their nesting areas up river.

PBY

Banned

soupy kasich is terrifying. still at the office, couldn't do this sober otherwise, holy crap john.

hermit7

Just curious but why do presidential candidates feel the need to pander to Israeli special interest groups?

There aren't any similar groups for other allies to my knowledge so what makes Israel so special?

Wrap it brah, wrap it up. No one wants you. You're like the shitty local band that plays before the even shittier cover band.....we don't want you. We want Sounds like Queen.

Bitch, GET OFF THE STAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom