• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

on today's episode of the huge and very bigly great general election pivot of trump...

...more fuckery

tune in tomorrow as more "devil's advocates" continue to swear that he's just pretending, with the same old end of the episode twist that more fuckery awaits

Speaking of which what happened to param7?

CeGAlabWwAAd-RD.jpg

I honestly cannot decide if this is suppose to be a good or bad thing.

ivysaur12

Banned
Oh dear lord don't let perfect be the enemy of good, Intercept. Also yet another false equivalency!!

Glenn Greenwald Retweeted
Murtaza Hussain ‏@MazMHussain
Americans have lost the right to lecture Cubans about human rights given that they've been running a concentration camp there for 15 years.

jtb

Banned
the irony of the Intercept is that their contrarian, adversarial tone/mission only perpetuates the media cycle and all of its ills (like endless false equivalencies), rather than criticizing it as originally intended -- it doesn't get more establishment than that.

PBY

Banned
POLL UPDATE
2016 Arizona Republican Presidential Primary - Trump 46%, Cruz 33% (Opinion Savvy/Fox 10 3/20)
1) 2016 Arizona Republican Presidential Primary
Asked of 588 likely voters - republican
Ted Cruz (R) 33%
John Kasich (R) 17%
Donald Trump (R) 46%
Undecided 4%

Obama would be able to play him like a goddamn fiddle. I imagine Hillary won't have much trouble baiting him either.

Obama would subtle troll him because he's black and can't really go at him hard. Hillary same deal except for being a woman. But you know what we are all going to miss out on?

Someone who could go at him hard directly to his face. And there is someone who could have done that. A male, white, older fellow who often does actually "tell it like it is."

His name?

Grandpa Joe Biden. Remember his debate with Paul Ryan? Look at how he treated Ryan, who is well respected in the GOP and I begrudgingly admit has an appearance of being a decent politician. Imagine a Biden vs Trump National Debate! How many times would he call Trump a clown? He would treat Trump like one, that's for sure. I could see it now.

"Sir, the only thing you've ever won at in your life is your father's inheritance." ::mic drop::

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Obama would subtle troll him because he's black and can't really go at him hard. Hillary same deal except for being a woman. But you know what we are all going to miss out on?

Someone who could go at him hard directly to his face. And there is someone who could have done that. A male, white, older fellow who often does actually "tell it like it is."

His name?

Grandpa Joe Biden. Remember his debate with Paul Ryan? Look at how he treated Ryan, who is well respected in the GOP and I begrudgingly admit has an appearance of being a decent politician. Imagine a Biden vs Trump National Debate! How many times would he call Trump a clown? He would treat Trump like one, that's for sure. I could see it now.

"Sir, the only thing you've ever won at in your life is your father's inheritance." ::mic drop::

I've said it before, but I would pay good money to see that debate happen. It's too bad things turned out the way they did with him, he could have had a good shot this cycle.

@JohnBerman
JUST NOW: @tedcruz spokesman @RonNehring says Cruz campaign OPPOSES changing rule 40 for this convention. @TheLeadCNN
Which makes sense as Cruz will fulfill rule 40 (majority of delegates in 8 contests) and why would he want to open up the nomination to Kasich or someone else?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And I think he's giving it at Boise State in front of a bunch of college kids. Why he didn't get himself to AIPAC today is just stupid.

He could have easily given a foreign policy speech at AIPAC. Start with a focus on Israel and branch out from there. What the hell is even happening with his team? It's not like he didn't want to speak there.

Last I recall, Bernie Sanders is basically like every other US politician, Democrat or Republican when it comes to Israel. So, I don't think skipping AIPAC is a symbolic move as much as a practical one, since his new base doesn't agree with the current default US policy towards the country. His foreign policy positions, to the extent that they exist, aren't actually that different from default Dem, so far as I can tell. But he's cultivated an image around being different, largely based on the Iraq vote.

Also, this talk of men not liking Hillary Clinton had me go find and reread this old article.
Hillary Clinton and the Men Who Hate Her
Here’s what happened the last time Hillary Clinton ran for president: she drove men wild. Well, certain men. Especially certain men on the right. You could recognize them by the flecks of foam in the corners of their mouths when the subject of her candidacy arose. And they’re already girding themselves for the next time around, because there’s something about Hillary that just gets them all worked up.

But what exactly? Despise her they do, yet they’re also strangely drawn to her, in some inexplicably intimate way. She occupies their attention. They spend a lot of time thinking about her—enumerating her character flaws, dissecting her motives, analyzing her physical shortcomings with a penetrating, clinical eye: those thick ankles and dumpy hips, the ever-changing hairdos. You’d think they were talking about their first wives. There’s the same over-invested quality, an edge of spite, some ancient wound not yet repaired. And how they love conjecturing upon her sexuality! Or lack of, heh heh. Is she frigid, is she gay? Heh heh. Yes, they have many theories about her, complete with detailed forensic analyses of her marriage, probably more detailed than their thoughts about their own.

My point is that you can tell a lot about a man by what he thinks about Hillary, maybe even everything. She’s not just another presidential candidate, she’s a sophisticated diagnostic instrument for calibrating male anxiety, which is running high.

dramatis

He could have easily given a foreign policy speech at AIPAC. Start with a focus on Israel and branch out from there. What the hell is even happening with his team? It's not like he didn't want to speak there.
His team might have thought it was more important to get local in the upcoming states.

Don't know if they have a data team like Hillary does, but things like microtargeting might be a reason to skip AIPAC for better returns elsewhere

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
@JohnBerman
Which makes sense as Cruz will fulfill rule 40 (majority of delegates in 8 contests) and why would he want to open up the nomination to Kasich or someone else?

So it'll be Trump or somebody else not currently running, then.

Last I recall, Bernie Sanders is basically like every other US politician, Democrat or Republican when it comes to Israel. So, I don't think skipping AIPAC is a symbolic move as much as a practical one, since his new base doesn't agree with the current default US policy towards the country. His foreign policy positions, to the extent that they exist, aren't actually that different from default Dem, so far as I can tell. But he's cultivated an image around being different, largely based on the Iraq vote.

Also, this talk of men not liking Hillary Clinton had me go find and reread this old article.
Hillary Clinton and the Men Who Hate Her

hahaha this is great.

His team might have thought it was more important to get local in the upcoming states.

Don't know if they have a data team like Hillary does, but things like microtargeting might be a reason to skip AIPAC for better returns elsewhere
True but no one is going to cover his speech today. AIPAC is sticking up the oxygen. Voters can see the contrast between Hillary and Trump, while Bernie in Idaho telling at clouds. His team is sit at this whole optics thing.

jtb

Banned
True but no one is going to cover his speech today. AIPAC is sticking up the oxygen. Voters can see the contrast between Hillary and Trump, while Bernie in Idaho telling at clouds. His team is sit at this whole optics thing.

eh, just gives Weaver and Davine another excuse to play up the us vs them angle, the cult of personality stuff. it's just playing out the string at this point, getting that fundraising money.

sphagnum

Banned
I guess he was trying to raise up Obama's arm... but it wasn't appropriately conveyed so Obama's arm is just limp

So awkward *shudder*

Yeah, he's trying to do a triumphant clasped-arm raising to show solidarity, Obama probably either didn't expect that or doesn't want to do that and is caught off guard so his wrist falls limp, then he brings it back down and holds his hand to sort of make up for it.

Shit. Show.

I still find it hard to believe this is happening. Consider all the things that could happen:

-Possibility of no candidate going into convention with required delegates
-Possibility of Trump going in with required delegates
-Massive protests outside Quicken Loans Arena
-Unrest and hostility inside Quicken Loans Arena
-Last ditch effort to stop Trump resulting in complete chaos inside arena
-Attempt to screw over Ted Cruz in some way

And thankfully the republican convention is first which means that Americans will see that shit show a week before the democrats roll out a peaceful display including President Obama (potentially with 51%+ approval ratings), Bill Clinton, and the first female nominee for president.

It's too good to believe.

besada

Banned
Last I recall, Bernie Sanders is basically like every other US politician, Democrat or Republican when it comes to Israel.

No idea why he specifically skipped this one. He offered to present remarks via video, but was turned down, so I assume it's not simply taking issue with AIPAC. He did get served a petition to skip AIPAC, but I doubt that's what's behind it.

That said, his disenchantment with Israeli policy is real and has a history. He skipped Netanyahu's speech last time he was in town, and he and Warren both refused to sign on to the Senate's warning to Palestine about the UN. He's certainly been willing to carry more water for Israel in the past than he currently seems to be.

The left wing of the Democratic party has been, for some time, drifting away from constant support of the Israelis, but the mainstream of the party isn't going anywhere.

Bernie giving a foreign policy speech. LOLOLOLOL
I want to know how that goes.

Here's a preview:
The issue of wealth and income inequality, to my mind, is the great moral issue of our time!

The top one-tenth of 1 percent own almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent!

If a financial institution is too big to fail, it is too big to exist!

We got a collapsing middle class!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom