• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Trump becomes heavy favorite for nomination on Super Tuesday*
*Spends next three weeks transforming into basically a fascist*
*Reads pre-written Jeb speech without any alteration*

"OMG, he's going to be such a threat, he can moderate at any time"

Liberals worry WAY too much. This is honestly annoying.

ivysaur12

Banned

It's honestly the worst thing about liberals.

Touchdown

Banned
#gillibrand2020

YAASS QUEEN!!!!

355295242_804776.gif

To be fair, panicking is basically the only thing we liberals are good at. :( We have a small set of skills we learned in our hippy-dippy communes.

Although, I'm definitely not worried about Trump. He went too far to bounce back. America is dumb, but we're not that dumb.

SpyGuy239

That trump speech scares me. I understand the importance of having Israel as an ally, and I'm sure the Israels are great people, but so are the Palestinians (terrorists aside).

Can someone explain to me the American obsession with Israel? It seems like everytime there is an election of some sort, candidates start spewing about how much they will be a supporter of Israel etc. etc. all this to get more support and votes. What about more concrete discussions about problems in the USA etc.?

Genuine question. I know thee brief history of Israel, Palestine and HAMAS etc. but the above, still stumps me. Thanks.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Can someone post a link to the speech I missed you guys are talking about here? Thanks

Brinbe

It's better to be worried than to be complacent.

Word. 100%

I agree that Trump has probably already said and done too much to pose a real threat. But this cycle is unpredictable. Rather take action now than wait and be surprised later.

I mean right now he arguably gave a more rousing speech than a smarter, true believer in Cruz.

The sucking up and ass kissing to the Israeli lobby is kinda sickening.. Anyone else feel dirty about it? Like what the fuck.

It's crazy that this is evena thing, where the next possible POTUS has to do this.

Pointless panic is worthless and dumb. Panicking over super unlikely events take away energy you could use to find other opportunities.

Don't spend time worrying about how "formidable" Trump will be in the general election against a woman when you could be volunteering or just bringing your SO to a nice restaurant.

That trump speech scares me. I understand the importance of having Israel as an ally, and I'm sure the Israels are great people, but so are the Palestinians (terrorists aside).

Can someone explain to me the American obsession with Israel? It seems like everytime there is an election of some sort, candidates start spewing about how much they will be a supporter of Israel etc. etc. all this to get more support and votes. What about more concrete discussions about problems in the USA etc.?

Genuine question. I know thee brief history of Israel, Palestine and HAMAS etc. but the above, still stumps me. Thanks.

Christianity teaches that good Christians must be friends with the Jewish people. Especially among Evangelicals, Israel has to be protected to help bring about the end times. There are also those who believe that America is a nation founded on Judeo-Christian values, ergo Israel is deserving of special protection and loyalty.

Trump is already registering as "scared" among 50% of registered voters, make it 69% when you throw in "concerned."

Trump looking DOA.

His GE numbers are looking smaller than his hands.

This is... sorta boring? It's a combination of pandering one-liners and copy-pastes from his stump speech.

edit: Man, literally copy-paste on this part.

edit2: Uh, Ted, I don't think you know how missile defense works. Or why we'd use it.

edit3: Might as well start prepping the troops now. Welp.

pigeon

Banned
I literally didn't realize that that Melania Trump ad was supposed to be an ANTI-Trump ad.

I thought it was "look how hot this woman is, vote for her husband."

Which doesn't make a lot of sense but I'm not sure it makes way less sense than anything else this election.

Trump doesn't scare me in the way Cruz does. I don't like either, and Trump is a racist asshole, but...from a completely self-serving perspective, I don't think he totally hates LGBT people.

I mean, both of them would be absolute disasters, but if someone held a gun to my head, and I had to pick between the two.....I'd probably take the bullet....

I literally didn't realize that that Melania Trump ad was supposed to be an ANTI-Trump ad.

Which doesn't make a lot of sense but I'm not sure it makes way less sense than anything else this election.

I think it was supposed to pander to religious Mormons? As in, this woman posed nude and posing nude is a big no-no to religious people, so don't vote for her husband?

Which is weird because if it's targeting Mormons, why not play up the religious freedom part since they care far more about that than nudity, I'd imagine.

Whatever. The GOP is pretty stupid.

yeah, i had to closely analyze for some time and zoom in just to figure out it was anti-trump too.....

anyway, it's like the laundry list of disclaimers that drug ads dispense with while good looking girl is shedding her clues waiting for the blue pill to activate. it's all about the imagery, no one cares about the words.

Makai

Intended for fundamentalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom