• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
yeah, i had to closely analyze for some time and zoom in just to figure out it was anti-trump too.....

anyway, it's like the laundry list of disclaimers that drug ads dispense with while good looking girl is shedding her clues waiting for the blue pill to activate. it's all about the imagery, no one cares about the words.

Wait, is this a real description of a prescription drug ad? Woman strips while pill side effects are listed?

effzee

A request here. This verbal fellatio performed on Israel today infuriated me and reminded me of an article a few years back about how close Obama and Kerry came to getting a deal done with Israel and Palestine.

Anyone remember? I can't find it anywhere. Please help!

Makai

lWnud4F.png

420 The Blaze it

It's interesting about the AIPAC stuff and Trump. I have a couple friends who are involved with them and have been livid about AIPACs overtures to Trump, when otherwise they've always towed the line. There are a lot of pissed off people there it seems.

Cerium

I thought family was supposed to be left off the table during elections. Don't make Trump go in on these people's families.

Cruz will do or say anything, we already knew that.

Trump retaliating against the Cruz family would be a sight to behold however. Start with his crazy fucking father.

Lmao, WTF?!?!? How the fuck are they spending sending that much? The ad buys last week must have been brutal especially considering he lost them all.

I think it was $8 million in 5 days in the five states last week. That wouldn't be figured into those numbers either. He's, literally, trying to throw money at everything he can to hope something sticks.

That Drumpf speech scares me. I understand the importance of having Israel as an ally, and I'm sure the Israels are great people, but so are the Palestinians (terrorists aside).

Can someone explain to me the American obsession with Israel? It seems like everytime there is an election of some sort, candidates start spewing about how much they will be a supporter of Israel etc. etc. all this to get more support and votes. What about more concrete discussions about problems in the USA etc.?

Genuine question. I know thee brief history of Israel, Palestine and HAMAS etc. but the above, still stumps me. Thanks.

Christianity teaches that good Christians must be friends with the Jewish people. Especially among Evangelicals, Israel has to be protected to help bring about the end times. There are also those who believe that America is a nation founded on Judeo-Christian values, ergo Israel is deserving of special protection and loyalty.

This basically nails it. Revelations says that the world will unite in evil(!) against Israel, and that only those who stand against the world order will be saved. Ergo, the day the U.S. stops doing every single thing Israel wants is the day it's all over (since according to these people, everyone but us wants to enact genocide on Israel).

Add in that they're basically "some of the good ones" when it comes to Middle Easterners (same racist crap people throw at AA people here), and you've got our diplomatic relationship.

Hayes confronts Sanders on Democrats calling for him to drop out.

He says "Clinton has done well in the south. We're going to do well in the west." basically.

Now he's going into his stump. Talking about polls. I don't know what I expected.

Hayes asks him about Jeb's failed campaign and what that says about SuperPAC money. He dodges it at first but now talks about the Koch brothers and that it's effective on a local level. Fair enough.

Armaros

Lmao, WTF?!?!? How the fuck are they spending sending that much? The ad buys last week must have been brutal especially considering he lost them all.

Last minute ad buy are extremely expensive.

I am wondering how he is going to pay for NY and CA, the most expensive ad buy states.

CA is legendary for siphoning money due to ads.

PBY

Banned
Shadi Hamid ‏@shadihamid 1h1 hour ago
I think we also saw a good example of why Trump would be a more compelling general election candidate than many assume.

Content aside, that was a surprisingly well-delivered, *controlled* speech, suggesting Trump can shift gears pretty seamlessly. #AIPAC2016

Daniel DaleVerified account ‏@ddale8 45m45 minutes ago
Ted Cruz just gave a hard-right pro-Israel speech to AIPAC, and he got less applause than Donald Trump did. What a year what a year.

Maggie HabermanVerified account ‏@maggieNYT 1h1 hour ago
Trump was clear on moving the embassy in Israel, devoted bulk of speech to dismantling Iran deal, touched on expected notes for Aipac crowd

Glenn GreenwaldVerified account ‏@ggreenwald 1h1 hour ago
Hear that noise? It's liberals walking around confused, trying to figure out how to attack Trump's AIPAC speech that sounds like Hillary's.

Jenna JohnsonVerified account ‏@wpjenna 2h2 hours ago
Donald Trump now speaking at AIPAC. So far the reception has been warm. He promises to not pander to the crowd.

I think we also saw a good example of why Trump would be a more compelling general election candidate than many assume.

Content aside, that was a surprisingly well-delivered, *controlled* speech, suggesting Trump can shift gears pretty seamlessly. #AIPAC2016
Who is this?

Jesus christ, it's like giving a baby praise for being able to say their first word.

He spent 9 months acting like a fool so he can get praised for being competent at public speaking at a high school level.

Shows how low expectations are for Trump.

Crocodile

Bernie about to be on All In.

Summary so Far:
  • Fan of protests but not disruptions
  • We have a path forward because we are out of the "Deep South"
  • We represent the future of the Democratic Party
  • Stump speech stuff (Free college, etc.)
  • GE polls say we do best vs Trump
  • Dodges question of Heller (sp?) court case about gun rights and what he'd do with Supreme Court appointments
  • Big on women's rights and rails on Citizen's United
  • When questioned about how ineffective ad-buys and PACs have been this election he pivots to talking about anger in electorate on both sides and trying to improve economy. Finishes off with Citizen's United is super bad.
  • Asked about positions he's changed either recently or over his political career but pivots to talk about large crowds he's drawing and discusses how he can unite people over strong economies (biggest point), LGBT rights and climate change. More stump speech.
  • Says if he had more time he could push his message harder. Stresses importance of 50 state strategy (though doesn't really say how he would improve it aside from stump speech stuff).

Jesus christ Greenwald, liberals aren't going to try to attack Trump on Israel. What a fucking idiot.

Trump does one good speech and Greenwald is acting like a conservative blogger shithead. "How ya gonna spin that one, libtards?
smug.gif
"

PBY

Banned
Who is this?

Shadi Hamid is a contributing writer for The Atlantic, a senior fellow at the Project on U.S. Relations with the Islamic World at the Brookings Institution's Center for Middle East Policy, and the author of the forthcoming book Islamic Exceptionalism: How the Struggle Over Islam is Reshaping the World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom