• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
So Bernie is only up by 8 points in Utah, despite Hillary having not stepped foot in the state and all but given up on it, and Bernie was there on Friday and Monday. Wow. Throw in the towel old man, you're done. I mean he was done before this, but at this point continuing your campaign and continuing to take money from college students is just unethical.

Holmes

+1 superdelegate for Clinton

CeG_yoWWEAA5luc.jpg

NeoXChaos

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/03/2...ersion=newsevent&pgtype=article&_r=0&referer=

The dynamic on the Affordable Care Act suggests a broader difference when it comes to African-Americans and working-class whites: When Mr. Sanders implicitly criticizes Mr. Obama from the left, white working-class Democrats may see it as advocating for their economic interests, but the claims tend to fall flat with many blacks, among whom the president is still wildly popular.

David Simas, the White House political director, recalled sitting in on focus groups when he worked for the 2012 Obama campaign for ads that began by reminding voters how bleak the economy had been when Barack Obama first took office. “The folks who responded to it the most were African-Americans and Hispanic voters,” he said.

Geoff Garin, a strategist for Mrs. Clinton’s 2008 campaign who currently polls for Priorities USA Action, a pro-Clinton “super PAC,” posited that for a more economically marginal group like African-Americans, the unemployment rate — which has declined significantly for all racial groups in recent years — carries more importance than growth in incomes and certain assets, which have been slower to recover. For whites, even working-class whites, whose jobless rate is substantially lower than that for African-Americans, the latter took on comparatively more importance.

royalan

So Bernie is only up by 8 points in Utah, despite Hillary having not stepped foot in the state and all but given up on it, and Bernie was there on Friday and Monday. Wow. Throw in the towel old man, you're done. I mean he was done before this, but at this point continuing your campaign and continuing to take money from college students is just unethical.

Haven't you heard what he's been saying lately? Those broke students are basically paying for his 50 state (minus those with high minority populations) tour at this point.

Crocodile

Yeah I'm not going to lie, I felt there was a lot of swerving and dodging of those questions by Sanders. I mean he is a politician but at this point in the game I would have really appreciated some solid answers on those questions. Also he's doing the same "Deep South" includes Massachusetts, Ohio, etc. bit that a lot of Sanders supporters are. Could have worded that a lot better. As for the "future of the Democratic party" he was citing his good numbers with young voters.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Liberals are the worst. I mean the ultraconservative people like Ann Coulter are at least personable pieces of shit. I can watch Ann Coulter on Bill Maher and crack up. I read Glenn Greenwald and honestly want to become a Republican.

Liberals are the worst. I mean the ultraconservative people like Ann Coulter are at least personable pieces of shit. I can watch Ann Coulter on Bill Maher and crack up. I read Glenn Greenwald and honestly want to become a Republican.

hahahaha, I actually have a similar view point.

Yeah I'm not going to lie, I felt there was a lot of swerving and dodging of those questions by Sanders. I mean he is a politician but at this point in the game I would have really appreciated some solid answers on those questions. Also he's doing the same "Deep South" includes Massachusetts, Ohio, etc. bit that a lot of Sanders supporters are. Could have worded that a lot better. As for the "future of the Democratic party" he was citing his good numbers with young voters.
2024 is going to be a great time for someone along the line of Sanders/Warren to take the primary by storm
like Kamala Harris

Unless all these 18 year olds get discouraged after losing one election.

NeoXChaos

We are stuck with him till June. Hillary going to have a great April after WY and WI. She will likely have a terrible May only winning Guam and a good June.

PBY

Banned
We are stuck with him till June. Hillary going to have a great April after WY and WI. She will likely have a terrible May only winning Guam and a good June.

You guys should all listen to the Channel 33 pod w/ Jon Favreau and Dan Pfeiffer(sp?), Obama staffers/speechwriters. They're great, and discussed this since they worked w/ Obama in 08.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BTW, maybe the media should call Trump on his move to the center rather than remarking about how amazing he is at being a centrist and wondering who will call him on it.

ivysaur12

Banned

I kind of feel the same way.

Holmes

I think Weaver and Devine may be pocketing some of this money somehow so they're stroking Sanders' ego and letting him believe the delusion they're trying to propel so that he doesn't quit. Really helps that by all accounts, he's a very stubborn person.

NeoXChaos

Do you think she takes Pennsylvania?

That was the insinuation. WI and WY fall on the 5th and 9th. She will win NY on the 19th. The rest of the Northeast except for NJ falls on the 26th. She will likely win all of them including PA. They are all closed primaries too.

May has KY, WV, IN, OR.

KY and WV are OK 2.0. IN is a ?. OR is WA 2.0 but primary.

Cerium

I think Weaver and Devine may be pocketing some of this money somehow so they're stroking Sanders' ego and letting him believe the delusion they're trying to propel so that he doesn't quit. Really helps that by all accounts, he's a very stubborn person.

It really is a Ben Carson style racket.

Crocodile

Sanders pt2

• Hilary is a hawk. Libya turned out bad. Henry Kissinger is super duper extra bad.
  • He voted against Iraq and Gulf War I. War is a last resort. Destroy ISIS with Muslim allies (though I think this is everybody's position)
  • Israel is good. Palestine must be recognized. Iran is no princess but Iran deal is good and Saudi Arabia is as bad/worse.
  • Netenhayu (sp?) is an asshole. Israel has a right to exist but has to stop being jerkfaces. Reach out to Palestine important too.
  • Agrees with Clinton that boycott efforts against Israel might have a bit of Antisemitism in it
  • Jewish faith irrelevant in Middle East politics. Jewish Faith is important because it gives perspective on racism, etc. given Hitler fallout.
  • Cuba embargo ending is good.
  • Sander wishes media would cover his rallies more and focuses less on process, polls, etc. Starts doing his stump speech.

CBS News/NYT National

Trump 46
Cruz 26
Kasich 20

Clinton 50
Sanders 45

CNN/ORC National

Trump 47
Cruz 31
Kasich 17

Clinton 51
Sanders 44

Clinton and Sanders also expanded their general election lead over Trump since the last CNN poll, primarily on the backs of college educated voters.

CBS News/NYT National

Trump 46
Cruz 26
Kasich 20

Clinton 50
Sanders 45

CNN/ORC National

Trump 47
Cruz 31
Kasich 17

Clinton 51
Sanders 44

Clinton and Sanders also expanded their general election lead over Trump since the last CNN poll, primarily on the backs of college educated voters.

In particular, CNN's showing a 37% (!) lead among college-educated voters for Clinton

CBS News/NYT National

Trump 46
Cruz 26
Kasich 20

Clinton 50
Sanders 45

CNN/ORC National

Trump 47
Cruz 31
Kasich 17

Clinton 51
Sanders 44

What are those numbers?

It's common for the campaign manager / strategist to be compensated based on the amount that is spent. For instance, Mike Murphy made $15 million from the ads that Jebs! SuperPac made. Weaver and Devine have at least won some states.

Let's not jump off the cliff now.

Hah, that's 400+ EVs territory.

Especially since it's coupled with a tie among non-college grads, though I guess a massive deficit among white non-grads could be offset by an equally massive lead among POC non-grads.

(God damn if the overall margin's even half of this I'm gonna be so good-drunk that night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom