• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubenov

Lol. Again, just having fun with it, but man. If this turns out to effect things, I might seriously be able to believe that Trump was the one that posted the Melania pic in the first place.

I don't know, that's a small version of Bush is responsible for 9/11.

Clefargle

Will wait for follow up substantiation by another publication. But I wouldn't be surprised it this is true. Trump will jump ALL OVER THIS.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
We rightfully dogpile on Republicans for this bullshit (especially when it comes to outlandish claims about Benghazi or Emails or whatnot)...it's hypocritical as hell to start gleefully using the freaking National Enquirer as a source when it says something bad about Cruz.

We rightfully dogpile on Republicans for this bullshit (especially when it comes to outlandish claims about Benghazi or Emails or whatnot)...it's hypocritical as hell to start gleefully using the freaking National Enquirer as a source when it says something bad about Cruz.
Yeah. This is the same rag that claims Hillary Clinton is going to die every week and that Obama really is a secret Muslim. Grain of salt at most.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OK a couple things:

1) I don't think anyone actually thinks it is true
2) People seem to mostly be muckraking about trump dragging it into the election

Seems a little odd that the story would put Trump's campaign manager in such an awkward position, if this is bullshit. It lowers the odds that this actually being coordinated by Trump, I guess? So, hey, good to know he draws the line somewhere!

And aww, I was having so much fun thinking about how it would destroy his campaign. Always knew it was probably nonsense but I'd still love an explanation of that random donation to Fiorina.
I think it's more that we're interested in the theory of this being real, not that we're all particularly convinced the story is accurate. Just looking for entertainment. There's little harm in "ooh, that would be hilarious (were it real)!" We're not actually taking it seriously, which I'd say is a difference between it and some Clinton conspiracy theory. For example, last night I went for #teamreal but with a disclaimer that it was solely for entertainment purposes.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
OK a couple things:

1) I don't think anyone actually thinks it is true
2) People seem to mostly be muckraking about trump dragging it into the election

While it is OT Main - OT seems to have people who believe it's true.

As for here - it's more of the entire "we rightfully pile on GOP supporters for believing and reading the news sources that tell what they want to believe", but then, we all sort of then do it ourselves given the opportunity. While folks have started to sort of admit to themselves that this is probably just wishful thinking; it definitely wasn't earlier in the thread. That's the part that sort of bugs me, I guess.

As for the Trump bit - that's because the Enquirer has been doing hit jobs the entire primary for Trump. :p Trump's been canny enough to not drag the specific Enquirer comments out; just hint at them vaguely and go from there.

EDIT

Seems a little odd that the story would put Trump's campaign manager in such an awkward position, if this is bullshit. It lowers the odds that this actually being coordinated by Trump, I guess? So, hey, good to know he draws the line somewhere!

And aww, I was having so much fun thinking about how it would destroy his campaign. Always knew it was probably nonsense but I'd still love an explanation of that random donation to Fiorina.I think it's more that we're interested in the theory of this being real, not that we're all particularly convinced the story is accurate. Just looking for entertainment. There's little harm in "ooh, that would be hilarious (were it real)!" We're not actually taking it seriously, which I'd say is a difference between it and some Clinton conspiracy theory. For example, last night I went for #teamreal but with a disclaimer that it was solely for entertainment purposes.

Fair enough - I guess I'm just sensitive to these kinds of things. It always worries me how easy it is to turn an echo chamber (which, lets be honest, politically, GAF is, because 90% of us are liberal) into a complete shit show, and it's usually things like this that start it. So it's a case of me being oversensitive. :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
While it is OT Main - OT seems to have people who believe it's true.

As for here - it's more of the entire "we rightfully pile on GOP supporters for believing and reading the news sources that tell what they want to believe", but then, we all sort of then do it ourselves given the opportunity. While folks have started to sort of admit to themselves that this is probably just wishful thinking; it definitely wasn't earlier in the thread. That's the part that sort of bugs me, I guess.

As for the Trump bit - that's because the Enquirer has been doing hit jobs the entire primary for Trump. :p Trump's been canny enough to not drag the specific Enquirer comments out; just hint at them vaguely and go from there.

I don't think any of us think it's legit, I'm mostly in it for he fuckery that will result and think most of us are the same way. I do think there's a lot of hope beyond hope going on with regards to people praying this is legit, but that's mostly because Cruz is an unrepentant asshole who deserves to have his career flushed down the drain.

politico and polygon are the two sites I wish GAF would ban, tbh.

I'd totally be cool with ditching polygon, politico is always good for a laugh though.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I don't think any of us think it's legit, I'm mostly in it for he fuckery that will result and think most of us are the same way. I do think there's a lot of hope beyond hope going on with regards to people praying this is legit, but that's mostly because Cruz is an unrepentant asshole who deserves to have his career flushed down the drain.

I will second that last part wholeheartedly, but I figure he's plenty capable of doing that on his own without needing hope upon hope. :D (Plus, I think Cruz would be a weaker candidate in the general than Trump against Clinton)

I really wish there was some left wing talk in Dallas....I mean I try to hear what the other side is saying, just so I can know their angles, but it gets annoying listening to them and their horrible tactics.

This morning? I was labing Obama as a secret sympathizer of Islam and terrorism because "we deserve it."

I'm sick of it.

CCS

Banned
Twitter seem to be suppressing the #CruzSexScandal hashtag. In the space of about 10 minutes it's gone from top trending to nowhere in sight and isn't even suggested on searches. Interesting...

DemGraphic032416.jpg

http://cookpolitical.com/story/9419

Twitter seem to be suppressing the #CruzSexScandal hashtag. In the space of about 10 minutes it's gone from top trending to nowhere in sight and isn't even suggested on searches. Interesting...

Threads are also actively being removed from reddit.

I'd totally be cool with ditching polygon, politico is always good for a laugh though.

Oh no, I absolutely positively think this is legitimate.

WAY too much smoke for there not to be fire here.

Owzers

Oh no, I absolutely positively think this is legitimate.

WAY too much smoke for there not to be fire here.

I don't trust anyone who posts Flashdance youtube clips as a political response. Plus Cruz's entire political thing is to make accusations against people, so unless he proves this story isn't true i'm just going to have to believe it.

Like I said last night in the other thread, this is a garbage story that's only trending on Twitter because Trump's NeoNazi army is really good at making things trend on Twitter (see: the early days of #GamerGate). No one will cover this.

Could be because the word sex is in it? Not a big twitter user, so I'm not sure if they care about that, but maybe they'd want to keep the top trending tags clean?

Threads are also actively being removed from reddit.

I see it on reddit. Maybe duplicate threads were removed? Or just poorly sourced articles?

CCS

Banned
Could be because the word sex is in it? Not a big twitter user, so I'm not sure if they care about that, but maybe they'd want to keep the top trending tags clean?

I see it on reddit. Maybe duplicate threads were removed? Or just poorly sourced articles?

FWIW every thread on it's been removed on r/politics, even one that was up for a while.

There's one big thread that originated on "the Donald". There were previous threads (YUGE threads) removed from r/politics and r/political discussion.

It's made "all" but has not shown up on the front-page yet, despite the Activity.

Holmes

I wish I lived in the same bubble as H.A. Goodman. But he's just another example of Liberals shooting and misfiring when it comes to tackling actual problems, this time with blaming Clinton for voter suppression in Arizona and caucus irregularities. I get more insight from reading a Daniel B post than an H.A. Goodman article.

If this is true Ted is finished forever in politics. His evangalical base will never forgive him for this like the Democratic base forgave the Clintons.

This kills his ENTIRE platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom