• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

OdxfOyr.jpg

Holy shit this is AMAZING!

also if Lyin' Ted is also cheatin' Ted then Dark Horse Kasich is their last and best hope. I'm scurred. Bernie gtfo please Hillary will have a hard enough time with Kasich

Rubenov

I loathe Ted Cruz more than any other politician that ever existed but this story smells like bullshit to me, and I'm not gonna cheer on bullshit.

There are about a million factual reasons to dislike the guy, I'll focus on those.

Side note: after this Ted Cruz wife retweet thing. Trump seems to have a problem with not-beautiful women. I have to hope Hilary's strategy is to goad him into calling her ugly before it's over. It'll be gg when that happens.

Did anyone else catch his campaign chair on cnn trying to justify the whole thing? It was gross

Rubenov

The has been zero coverage of the Cruz sex stuff on the morning shows that I've seen

Yep. Doubtful it'll gain any traction. With the John Edwards story they had a picture of him and his mistress to go along with it.

Edit: Actually the pic was with his affair baby

Fuchsdh

No one gave a shit before Gary hart. FDR and JFK (at the very least) fucked around a heap.

Hard to say whether they would have held up regardless of the later scandals, though. Can't imagine FDR getting away with most of the stuff he pulled in today's media environment (we'd have known the true extent of his health, at least.) Likewise there would be way more scummy internet tabloids willing to jump on JFK's affairs as opposed to everyone saying "not our business" and looking the other way.

Once we hit cable news the chances you could get away with that sort of thing turned to basically nil.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I hope Chelsea Clinton primaries Tulsi Gabbard and we never hear from her done ass ever again. Then we can have her career destroyed by two Clintons in a row amirite

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Man, PoliGAF is all ready to go into full climate change denial level conspiracy mode when it comes to a GOP scandal I see. Everyone does remember this is the National Enquirer, right?

don't get me wrong, the schadenfreude would be amazing. But let's keep some perspective here.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man, PoliGAF is all ready to go into full climate change denial level conspiracy mode when it comes to a GOP scandal I see. Everyone does remember this is the National Enquirer, right?

don't get me wrong, the schadenfreude would be amazing. But let's keep some perspective here.

It's also the same guy that broke the Edwards thing. I'm not totally buying it, but this isn't exactly wolfman marries batboy either.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
It's also the same guy that broke the Edwards thing. I'm not totally buying it, but this isn't exactly wolfman marries batboy either.

Still the enquirer, and I suspect if we looked at all of that person's articles rather that the one we know was right, the batting average isn't particularly high. :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Still the enquirer, and I suspect if we looked at all of that person's articles rather that the one we know was right, the batting average isn't particularly high. :p

No doubt, but seeing how Cruz plays this will be interesting to say the least.

Maledict

No doubt, but seeing how Cruz plays this will be interesting to say the least.

You follow the Edwards playbook. Behind the scenes exert pressure on other media not to pick it up, and you completely and utterly ignore it publicly. You give it zero oxygen no matter what.

People forget that the Enquirier broke the Edwards scandal months and months before the baby photo appeared, and it basically sank without a trace first time around (thanks to the above).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You follow the Edwards playbook. Behind the scenes exert pressure on other media not to pick it up, and you completely and utterly ignore it publicly. You give it zero oxygen no matter what.

People forget that the Enquirier broke the Edwards scandal months and months before the baby photo appeared, and it basically sank without a trace first time around (thanks to the above).

Do you really think Trump will let that happen?

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there

nWiUOk2.jpg

Iolo

David Brooks has given up. I've never seen him more defeated. He basically said Republicans need to stop fetishizing Reaganomics when their new party rises from the ashes.

Also I enjoy the people saying to Tweet Trump about the Cruz article, as if Trump didn't plant it himself.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
David Brooks has given up. I've never seen him more defeated. He basically said Republicans need to stop fetishizing Reaganomics when their new party rises from the ashes.

Also I enjoy the people saying to Tweet Trump about the Cruz article, as if Trump didn't plant it himself.
But he can't retweet it if a white supremacistsupporter dosn't tweet him first. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Translators note: kekaku means plan

teiresias

So basically delay it a few months to just before the convention. Brilliant plan!

So, I'm thinking.

Media can't report on the alleged affairs too much if it's all just smoke. They'll probably be mostly hands off, I think, because without proof, they would risk damaging their reputation. Can't go hard on that.

However...the 500k donation to Fiorina is real, is unusual, and is theorized to be connected. Talking about that would be a great way to talk about the alleged affairs without actually talking about them.

CCS

Banned
If this turns out to be true and wrecks Cruz, there will be no words for how happy I am. Very few people have ever deserved it as much as him. What an absolutely horrible, pathetic person he is.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Lol. Again, just having fun with it, but man. If this turns out to effect things, I might seriously be able to believe that Trump was the one that posted the Melania pic in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom