• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe Cruz went to the best schools in the world and he makes these kinds of mistakes. Talk about NY values and set yourself up for the easiest rebuttal in political history because of 9/11. Bad story about you coming out? Tie it to the one guy who is the biggest media magnet on earth, that's gonna make it get less attention for sure.

Can't believe Cruz went to the best schools in the world and he makes these kinds of mistakes. Talk about NY values and set yourself up for the easiest rebuttal in political history because of 9/11. Bad story about you coming out? Tie it to the one guy who is the biggest media magnet on earth, that's gonna make it get less attention for sure.

I think Trump is legitimately under his skin at this point, and he's making errors out of anger.

The great thing is women will come forward and say they did it now even if it isn't true to get attention making the story bigger.

You think that women are going to lie about having an affair with Ted Cruz and the lie is going to be that they actually want people to think they had sex with him when they didn't? That seems even less likely than finding out these rumors are true.

You think that women are going to lie about having an affair with Ted Cruz and the lie is going to be that they actually want people to think they had sex with him when they didn't? That seems even less likely than finding out these rumors are true.

Never doubt the allure of fame, however fleeting it may be.

studyguy

What was the controversy last week? Protestors getting punched out, before that comments on KKK, before that, etc etc.

I don't think we've gone a week this year without something blowing up in the face of the GOP. On some level there has to be a PR intern for some group of the conservative base whose life is in shambles right now.

43263d4c35.png

Hallie Jackson, two seconds later: "So, you're a picky ratf**ker."

SheSaidNo

Human Rights Campaign Supports Kirk over Duckworth

http://chicagoist.com/2016/03/23/nations_largest_gay_rights_org_endo.php

In a move that has pretty much everyone outside of the Human Rights Campaign headquarters scratching their heads, HRC (the self-proclaimed largest GLBT civil rights organization in America) announced earlier this month that they were supporting Illinois' Republican incumbent senator Mark Kirk over his democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth.

Here's a clue: strategy. Kirk is a co-sponsor of the Equality Act, a bill that would add protections for GLBT individuals to Title VII. Kirk was, in fact, the very first Republican sponsor of the Equality Act in the Senate. So it makes a certain kind of sense that HRC would want to help him out in a political horse trade. They did the same thing with the first GOP representative, Bob Dold, who also sponsored the Equality Act, endorsing him on the same day as Kirk. Now that marriage equality is a done deal, the Equality Act is the biggest thing on HRC's agenda, and they want it to pass.

Ecotic

What a coincidental timing for me to hear about this. Just yesterday I was passing through downtown and stopped by two Human Rights Campaign workers asking for me to sign up to make a monthly donation to to get a national LGBT rights bill passed. I said they need a Democratic Congress to get this bill passed. The two didn't like me turning it into a partisan issue and said they had two Republican sponsors, Mark Kirk and Bob Dole. So hearing them support Kirk isn't totally surprising. They don't want to lose their one Republican sponsor in Congress.

Hindl

That comment section...

I should have followed the "don't read the comments" rule

I dunno, it helps me. I'm generally surrounded by reasonable people in my life, and it's easy to think that even though I have disagreements with them, general discourse is getting better and healthier. It's nice to go to youtube comments and remind myself that we still have a hell of a long way to go on stuff like that, racism, sexism, and other shit

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What a coincidental timing for me to hear about this. Just yesterday I was passing through downtown and stopped by two Human Rights Campaign workers asking for me to sign up to make a monthly donation to to get a national LGBT rights bill passed. I said they need a Democratic Congress to get this bill passed. The two didn't like me turning it into a partisan issue and said they had two Republican sponsors, Mark Kirk and Bob Dole. So hearing them support Kirk isn't totally surprising. They don't want to lose their one Republican sponsor in Congress.

It makes sense politically as well since they can use this to try and convince other GOP congressmen/senators that there are benefits to helping them out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So let me get this straight:

Cruz claimed to have zero knowledge of the Melania Trump ad and said he wasn't tied to it.

Yet, on the other side, somehow this infidelity thing must be attributed to Trump?

You're out of your element, Ted. Huge, huge mistake.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Lol, OT Main all of a sudden all willing to believe the Washington Times as a "credible" source, lol. I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!

This is embarrassing and sort of sadly funny. Though if this gets brought up during the Town Hall...ohhhhhhhh boy. Trump's manipulating the liberal / Cruz hating end of the twittersphere / internet into blowing up Cruz for him. If he pulls this kind of shit off in the GE; he'll wreck everyone.

Makai

Lol, OT Main all of a sudden all willing to believe the Washington Times as a "credible" source, lol. I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!

This is embarrassing and sort of sadly funny. Though if this gets brought up during the Town Hall...ohhhhhhhh boy.
You're telling me you don't want to believe.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

This is embarrassing and sort of sadly funny. Though if this gets brought up during the Town Hall...ohhhhhhhh boy.
Probably think the Times is the Post lol

studyguy

It probably won't get brought up directly by the moderator at the town hall. Doesn't mean Trump won't. It's a ripe fruit that's so ready for picking I can't see him avoiding it. Truth be damned.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

People have come to expect a certain amount of fuckery from the process. In terms of escalation, this is what's next: Trump exposing Cruz as a serial philanderer. I doubt it's true, but goddamn would it be amazing. Who doesn't want to believe in that level of fuckery?

Makai

People have come to expect a certain amount of fuckery from the process. In terms of escalation, this is what's next: Trump exposing Cruz as a serial philanderer. I doubt it's true, but goddamn would it be amazing. Who doesn't want to believe in that level of fuckery?
After that, we find out that Kasich ran over a kid in his car and hid the body.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Anyone have a direct quote of Cruz blaming Trump for the National Enquirer story?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
You're telling me you don't want to believe.

I want to believe, but I want something besides the National Enquirer and a random "contributor" to Wash Times (not even an actual Washington Times writer) before I start even thinking about it. I'm not gonna fall into the trap of "believing sources that have said terrible and untrue shit about Clinton and Dems for years that I've ignored but now I just believe this one thing they said that aligns with my world view". :p

Seen enough of that kind of fuckery from the crazier end of Sanders supporters already.

Liberals have found newfound respect for wati this year.

Holy shit I didn't even think about the Sanders supporters who were using the Washington Times. That's amazing. That makes this even more fantastic.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Much appreciated Makai.

That's like the worst way to not have that story blow over.

HylianTom

Banned
Trump responds to the Cruz story:
CeaiqtpUIAE9suk.jpg:large

Guys.. this is just amazing stuff. 2008 is not merely surpassed by 2016; it's been blown out of the water.

Valhelm

contribute something
Liberals have found newfound respect for wati this year.

Weirdly enough, the Washington Times was a co-sponsor of the most recent Republican Debate in Miami.

They're still a shitrag, but they're becoming a more widely-respected shitrag.

Kusagari

Bwahaha, I cannot believe how stupid the entire GOP is. It is so obvious that Trump was deadly silent this entire time because he was waiting, just waiting, for Cruz to bring him into it.

And of course immediately after Cruz does, Trump finally issues a response and makes Cruz look like a jackass.

And now the media has their story for the weekend.

Have fun Ted.

That Trump response is fucking beautiful. Holy shit.

Game Change 3: Triple Trouble needs to be a multi-volume set. We're not even to the GE yet, my God.

I want to believe, but I want something besides the National Enquirer and a random "contributor" to Wash Times (not even an actual Washington Times writer) before I start even thinking about it. I'm not gonna fall into the trap of "believing sources that have said terrible and untrue shit about Clinton and Dems for years that I've ignored but now I just believe this one thing they said that aligns with my world view". :p

Seen enough of that kind of fuckery from the crazier end of Sanders supporters already.

Holy shit I didn't even think about the Sanders supporters who were using the Washington Times. That's amazing. That makes this even more fantastic.
Yep: https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersFor..._in_south_carolina_they_say/?ref=search_posts

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Trump needed to throw a line in about how he went after him for the wife thing despite claiming nothing to do with it.

Trump needed to throw a line in about how he went after him for the wife thing despite claiming nothing to do with it.

Yeah, but he made up for it by tying Ted Cruz to O.J. Simpson. I mean, that is the pinnacle of bomb-throwing. "Ted Cruz is just like the black thug who got away with killing one of our women" is just...wow.

studyguy

The older I get the less I care if things are actually true.

Even considering the source is probably more thought put into the statement than your average voter. At this point shit's all hearsay, you'll have CNN going CRUZ DENIES ALLEGATIONS OF AN AFFAIR all weekend and suddenly the conversation turns into Did you hear Cruz had a scandal all weekend around the dinner table or whatever.

It's done, put a fork in it. Cruz served it up for Trump and asked him to hit it out the park. If the media runs with the denial and Trump's reply all weekend then it's a lost cause for Cruz already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom