• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

operon

Just posting the most unfavorable results possible, no biggie :)

If you're going to do this at such a low level, follow benchmark politics to see whether the results are worse or better than expected.

Also it's non-viable and unenviable.
let him enjoy the one day Bernie can do well. we all know it's over and the Khalessi has this in the bag.

Benchmark:

Unofficial results pouring in, I've got nothing from the asian heavy zones but generally, Seattle results are ranging from split to 60-40 (in Sanders Favor). Outside of Seattle though, I am seeing some big Sanders victories, in the realm of 90%-10% in some places in Whatcom County. My cofounder feels like this will be a 65%-35% type win. I'm watching carefully, and as soon as we get the first results, we'll save you all some nailbiting!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
let him enjoy the one day Bernie can do well. we all know it's over and the Khalessi has this in the bag.

The sad part is, he really does need a blowout in Washington to catch up to where he needs to be, just winning 60% is not enough.

Maledict

Like I said before, I'd be surprised if it was only 65-35. Even in *Europe* we know and hear about how unique and different Washington state is. I'm expecting 80-20 wins in all three states.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So what happens if Bernie gets that big win in WA, takes all the delegates in Alaska and wins Hawaii?

Nothing. He still needs huge wins in NY and Cali. The course of the race stays the same unless he can change the dynamic in both of those states.

Maledict

So what happens if Bernie gets that big win in WA, takes all the delegates in Alaska and wins Hawaii?

Nothing. It doesn't change the fundamental maths which requires him to win by massive margins in states where that's never happening (New York, Pennsylvania, California).

It literally doesn't change anything.

None of you should miss the lindsey graham episode of the daily show. Never knew he was that funny, or good at pool.
Truly wouldnt mind if he was president, but no one i like ever wins

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
None of you should miss the lindsey graham episode of the daily show. Never knew he was that funny, or good at pool.
Truly wouldnt mind if he was president, but no one i like ever wins

If only he wasn't an insane warmonger I'd agree. Dude's way too eager to blow up the middle east.

But he is winning NY tho? By 20%. Birdie Chavez changed everything.

Sure he is! Of course that little bird changed everything, you should have seen how the state came together and all decided he was our guy after that. It was magical.

Like I said before, I'd be surprised if it was only 65-35. Even in *Europe* we know and hear about how unique and different Washington state is. I'm expecting 80-20 wins in all three states.

He didn't get 80/20 wins in States she didn't contest. Hawaii will be the closest, one way or the other, though. Even assuming that split, her lead would still be greater than 200 Delegates.

noshten

Nothing. He still needs huge wins in NY and Cali. The course of the race stays the same unless he can change the dynamic in both of those states.

Nothing. It doesn't change the fundamental maths which requires him to win by massive margins in states where that's never happening (New York, Pennsylvania, California).

It literally doesn't change anything.

Absolutely nothing

He gets an influx of money to run more ads until getting destroyed on the East Coast, I assume.

He's still down by 150-200 and likely loses most of that in NY.

Do you think the majority of Clinton supporters feel the same way? I find your absolute certainty about how things will go in New York comforting. It gives me real hope for what follows this weekend.

Do you think the majority of Clinton supporters feel the same way? I find your absolute certainty about how things will go in New York comforting. It gives me real hope for what follows this weekend.

NY is her defacto home state. She's an admired former Senator.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

New York elected Hillary to the US senate twice. She's incredibly popular in the state among voters and has the support of just about every political figure as well. The demographics play to her strengths and the City and it's suburbs, which are incredibly diverse, make up 60% of the state's population. Pretending all that stuff doesn't exist is just silliness, it's why Bernie's camped out in California and not New York.

EDIT: The state went for Hillary over Obama. If Obama couldn't take it from her Bernie's got no chance.

NeoXChaos

New York elected Hillary to the US senate twice. She's incredibly popular in the state among voters and has the support of just about every political figure as well. The demographics play to her strengths and the City and it's suburbs, which are incredibly diverse, make up 60% of the state's population. Pretending all that stuff doesn't exist is just silliness, it's why Bernie's camped out in California and not New York.

He'll get the young vote. She will get everything else.

If only he wasn't an insane warmonger I'd agree. Dude's way too eager to blow up the middle east.

Sure he is! Of course that little bird changed everything, you should have seen how the state came together and all decided he was our guy after that. It was magical.

I felt a bit of second hand embarrassment tbh. The audience freaking out about a little bird. Magical thinking is alive and well even with Sanders' supporters, who are well known atheistic communists.

pigeon

Banned
20 points in WA?! I think it will be more like 35-40.

If Sanders isn't killing it in Seattle, I think that he runs into trouble running the margins up. Half of all Washington residents live in the Seattle metro area, and most of the rest of Washington is much more Republican by virtue of being rural and racist.

noshten

CefcSkGUIAEkP24.jpg

Jean Matthews first voted in a presidential election for FDR. Now she’s 96 years-old and backing Bernie Sanders at the Democratic caucus in Vancouver, Washington. She doesn’t expect him to win the nomination and says she will not vote for Hillary Clinton in the general election.

“I’m voting for Bernie Sanders because he’s the only person in this election you can trust,” Matthews said. “Hillary lies all the time. She lies about any stuff that can met her look good. She stands for thee status quo,” she said at the Hudson Bay high school.

Then Matthews said something you don’t often hear from nonagenarians: “I’m for a revolution”. Matthews said that she is likely to vote for the Green Party candidate in the general election if Clinton gets the Democratic nomination even if that helps Donald Trump.

“My son says I vote my principles. I don’t care. Principles not personality. Hillary is a totally unprincipled person. I’ll just be sick if she gets it. I’m sitting her with a bunch of Hillary people. I don’t want to be around them.”

That's one entitled granny

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...p-cruz-washington-alaska-hawaii-election-2016

CCS

Banned
So looking at the delegates available and predicted margins of victory:

Say Sanders wins Washington 65-35, and since Hawaii and Alaska are both pretty tiny, lets say he gets 100% in Alaska and Hawaii is a draw, since those combined results will probably be roughly near what actually happens. Then he gains roughly 60 delegates on Hillary, so her lead is about 240 after today. I don't really see the outcome being any better than that for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom