• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to vote Green, I hope it's literally just to throw away your vote because their platform is bad. You know, principles and all that. I'd not vote at all before I voted for them.

New York elected Hillary to the US senate twice. She's incredibly popular in the state among voters and has the support of just about every political figure as well. The demographics play to her strengths and the City and it's suburbs, which are incredibly diverse, make up 60% of the state's population. Pretending all that stuff doesn't exist is just silliness, it's why Bernie's camped out in California and not New York.

EDIT: The state went for Hillary over Obama. If Obama couldn't take it from her Bernie's got no chance.

But what about the all important Williamsburg and Bushwick hipsters?

pigeon

Banned
Keep in mind that Hawaii's caucus doors open at 1 in the afternoon. That's another way of saying 4 PM PDT, 7 PM EDT, flyover country has to do their own time zone conversion because I literally don't understand those middle ones.

So we won't get results for Hawaii today. The newspapers are probably going to go out with Washington state results alone.

CCS

Banned
Following my post above, say Wisconsin is a close Sanders win and he takes almost all of Wyoming (both being somewhat generous). Then, in the best realistic situation for Sanders, he's going into New York et al slightly more than 200 delegates behind, and after New York and the states a week later, he's almost certainly back to over 300 behind, possibly even more.

NeoXChaos

Following my post above, say Wisconsin is a close Sanders win and he takes almost all of Wyoming (both being somewhat generous). Then, in the best realistic situation for Sanders, he's going into New York et al slightly more than 200 delegates behind, and after New York and the states a week later, he's almost certainly back to over 300 behind, possibly even more.

^correct. She should net between 60-130 delegates from NY alone if the spread is between 20-50 pts. WI is likely to be a wash.

CCS

Banned
I hate cock uses.

The sort of blatant lies we've come to expect from a Clinton supporter :p

^correct. She should net between 60-130 delegates from NY alone if the spread is between 20-50 pts. WI is likely to be a wash.

In all honesty, looking at the delegates available in each state, even if you are generous to Sanders and give him best-case scenario in every state, I don't see how he goes into California and the other last states on the 7th June less than 300 delegates behind. New York and Pennsylvania are just going to do too much damage for him to overcome in other states, especially since they have early registration deadlines.

Iolo

Assuming 60 net delegates today, Sanders just needs to replicate today's performance 4 more times to tie Clinton in pledged delegates.

What don't you like about their platform?
Homeopathy, GMOs, and Vaccines. Those are non-starters.

Also the foreign policy is a bit.. concerning. Of course I don't want us involved in shit we shouldn't be involved in. But when our allies are calling for it, come on.

There's more but to me it's the progressive version of libertarianism. Bunch of stuff.

royalan

The sort of blatant lies we've come to expect from a Clinton supporter :p

In all honesty, looking at the delegates available in each state, even if you are generous to Sanders and give him best-case scenario in every state, I don't see how he goes into California and the other last states on the 7th June less than 300 delegates behind. New York and Pennsylvania are just going to do too much damage for him to overcome in other states, especially since they have early registration deadlines.

YEP

Imagine the hearty kii I got at work yesterday when I had to tell all the Bernie supporters, "So, y'all realize the registration deadline to vote in the primary is on Monday, right?"

"WHAT!? FUCK!!"

Never let it be said Hillary supporters don't do their part.

pigeon

Banned
YEP

Imagine the hearty kii I got at work yesterday when I had to tell all the Bernie supporters, "So, y'all realize the registration deadline to vote in the primary is on Monday, right?"

"WHAT!? FUCK!!"

Never let it be said Hillary supporters don't do their part.

Should've waited til Tuesday!

Oh yeah, the registration deadline for NYS is over. If you're not registered by now, you can't vote in the primary.

I think their deadline for party affiliation is a bit too far out though.

NeoXChaos

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Clinton's hawkish, corporate, establishment brand is a horrible fit for dovish, populist, anti-establishment Western progressives

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 4m4 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Nate Cohn Retweeted Vee
I think one of the lessons of '16 is that Clinton caucus struggles in '08 weren't mainly because of disorganization

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Yeah, it's out of his hands. No amount of strategy will change it at this point, it's going to take something outside of the Sanders campaign for him to win. Which is why I find his continued fundraising immoral. Cause it won't matter, if something external does happen, if it's early enough California will move the other way and make the race far closer and give the Supers reason to switch due to whatever event happened. Fundraising will play no part in that.

Yeah, it's out of his hands. No amount of strategy will change it at this point, it's going to take something outside of the Sanders campaign for him to win. Which is why I find his continued fundraising immoral. Cause it won't matter, if something external does happen, if it's early enough California will move the other way and make the race far closer and give the Supers reason to switch due to whatever event happened. Fundraising will play no part in that.

If people can't see the writing on the wall, let them keep donating.

If they want to donate to keep his message alive, that's also fine.

noshten

Who knew being young and/or a millenial had so much in common with senility.

I can't say I disagree but I'm hardly surprised people in WA feel this way, they rejected her pretty resoundingly in 08 as well.

Anyhow I predict the gap to be around 175 before NY
so probably 250 would be the actuality considering my prior predictions
:)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If people can't see the writing on the wall, let them keep donating.

If they want to donate to keep his message alive, that's also fine.

I see a difference in soliciting donations and just running the campaign. You can still take donations, but don't beg your college student base for more money, especially giving them scenarios that are NOT going to happen.

I can't say I disagree but I'm hardly surprised people in WA feel this way, they rejected her pretty resoundingly in 08 as well.

Anyhow I predict the gap to be around 175 before NY

That would require more than 75% of all delegates. That's highly unlikely.

Joeys_Rattata

Neo Member
Hey Poligaf, long time lurker here.

Just got back from caucusing for Hillary. She won a single delegate in my precinct, and I'm that delegate so yay. :)

Suikoguy

Hey Poligaf, long time lurker here.

Just got back from caucusing for Hillary. She won a single delegate in my precinct, and I'm that delegate so yay. :)

lol, your vote and persistence counted for more than anyone else here. Except for maybe Cheebs, he single handedly carried a state.

I think I found the October surprise Cybit was talking about:

Cee-pYgWEAAUM_9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom