• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I get that it's venting and hyperbole on FB - but even as someone who wants Sanders over Clinton for a variety of reasons - come on folks. Clinton's not that bad.

To be fair, we basically do stock everything locally with young progressives. This is Seattle, after all. :D

Why don't we instead focus on key House progressives who are young and could conceivably run for the Senate in 2020 and maybe be a progressive presidential candidate then, like, secession.

Perhaps the thing that annoys me the most about the left in this country, because it does so much harm to the cause, is the "top-down" mentality of progressivism where it's all about getting the right president in place who will work miracles. Even to the extent that people will acknowledge downballot races its "Bernie's political revolution will get people to vote in midterms," i.e., count on the president to do everything.

In my previous post I mentioned how the Tea Party has been a double edged sword for the Republicans, but give them credit for having a much better understanding of how to enact change. The left needs to do more than just give lip service to House and Senate races, and really needs to start acknowledging that state legislatures exist.

teiresias

GA governor is going to veto the religious liberty bill due to pressure from corporations.

I guess it's official, multi-million dollar corporations are doing more for LGBT minorities than Bernie Sanders.

I get that it's venting and hyperbole on FB - but even as someone who wants Sanders over Clinton for a variety of reasons - come on folks. Clinton's not that bad.

To be fair, we basically do stock everything locally with young progressives. This is Seattle, after all. :D

I've been thinking of moving to Seattle. If I get this job, it'll go where I do. Would be nice to live in a liberal utopia for once.

CCS

Banned
I've been thinking of moving to Seattle. If I get this job, it'll go where I do. Would be nice to live in a liberal utopia for once.

Nice, good luck with getting the job, and not being murdered when they find out you're a Clinton supporter :p

The use of "ties" here is fantastic. Clinton's margin in Illinois was actually larger than Sanders's margin in Michigan, but Illinois is considered a "tie" while Michigan is shaded as a Sanders win.

This map is the equivalent of a sports fan who inflates their favorite team's performance by emphasizing close losses ("X plays from [impressive record]") while ignoring close wins. And that's before we get to the issue of Arizona.

noshten

Charles Sykes‏@SykesCharlie
BREAKING: Kasich campaign immediately pulling all radio ads from Wisconsin markets.

Kasich getting behind Cruz

Or he's running out of money.

That might contribute to things, but I seriously think Republicans and big money donors have decided to make this a two person race and have been pressuring Kasich to drop out.

GA governor is going to veto the religious liberty bill due to pressure from corporations.

I guess it's official, multi-million dollar corporations are doing more for LGBT minorities than Bernie Sanders.

Republican Gov of a red state listening to companies. Look at how great this man is.I hope they re-elect him. Fight the fight!

Nice, good luck with getting the job, and not being murdered when they find out you're a Clinton supporter :p

After the election. Should have been clear. I don't want to get attacked for rocking YASSSS QUEEN stuff.

This map is the equivalent of a sports fan who inflates their favorite team's performance by emphasizing close losses ("X plays from [impressive record]") while ignoring close wins. And that's before we get to the issue of Arizona.

So, this map is the SEC of political maps?

studyguy

Supply Side Jesus deems gay rights are hot shit right up there with giant robots flicks and bad super hero films.

kFn6ify.jpg

studyguy

Sony releasing a new gaming console just three months after I bought the PS4 :mad:

I hope PS4 games don't run like the PS3 version of MGS5 now.....

I bought my PS4 like 5 months ago?
I honestly barely play it and sort of regret buying it all together but such is life.

Also Trump making new headway out here in CA seems.
http://www.kcra.com/news/New-poll-shows-Trump-leading-GOP-race-in-California/38721502
A new poll conducted by USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and the Los Angeles Times shows a dramatic shift in the political winds in California, with Donald Trump now leading the Republican pack. The poll, conducted primarily by cellphone between March 16-23, includes a significant oversample of Latino voters and has a margin of error of 2.8 percentage points. (1,500 polled)

Three months ago, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz was the leading Republican candidate in California, but the poll now shows Trump on top, with 37 percent support. Cruz is second with 30 percent support while Ohio Gov. John Kasich trails with 12 percent.

Republican Gov of a red state listening to companies. Look at how great this man is.I hope they re-elect him. Fight the fight!

Who cares why he did it. This would have harmed real people. I don't care if he did it because he had a fever dream where Lord Bacon and Eggs told him to do it. Mourn the losses because they are many, but celebrate the victories because they're few.

Charles Sykes‏@SykesCharlie
BREAKING: Kasich campaign immediately pulling all radio ads from Wisconsin markets.

Kasich getting behind Cruz

Excellent. Guy stupidly thought everyone would jump behind him if Rubio dropped out even though he only gets like 5-10% of the vote on average. Looks like those donors decided to go to Cruz instead.

Kasich is so desperate. He's begging everyone to have another debate so he can have his face shown on TV again. All he ever did was CO.plain how noone paid attention to him when he got a question anyway.

Excellent. Guy stupidly thought everyone would jump behind him if Rubio dropped out even though he only gets like 5-10% of the vote on average. Looks like those donors decided to go to Cruz instead.

Why is this excellent unless you're Ted Cruz? Kasich winning Ohio and then dropping out anyway is the worst case scenario for Trump.

Holmes

I got my PS4 for $200 price matched at Toys R Us when the Kmart website had that price glitch or whatever it was. It was actually my last attempt after trying Walmart, Sears, Fry's, Target, and Best Buy. It was some young kid who rung me through of course.

I don't know what to think of the whole PS4.5 or PS4K thing. It might just end up being like the New 3DS. I didn't want to buy a new handheld just to play Xenoblade 3DS and I ended up making the right decision.

Man, I would be an early adopter for a service that rounded up all the dumb indiivdual subscriptions that I need to pay for (NYT, WaPo, FT, WSJ I guess) and just gave them all to me at a discount. I feel like most of them are slightly overpriced.

word. i had to jettison the FT subscription, tho. 50/month and i wasn't nearly using it as much as i used to. they've been offering some sweet deals to come back though so we'll see if i can hold out....

Nah I think Trump would still win the rest of the upcoming states against Cruz plus allow him to more easily get to 1237.

Not with how the state delegates are distributed. Without Kasich there to split votes in congressional districts Trump wins a lot less delegates. Wisconsin is an easy example as Cruz easily wins the state and most of its delegates without Kasich.

Hillary can more easily beat Cruz than Trump
All the evidence says Trump is far more damaging to the Republican party, especially downticket.

Holmes

I need a new PS4. My current, launch model has an issue with the BluRay drive. May just wait on this one even though I don't have a 4k TV.
Did you get it at launch? Is the warranty expired yet? You can always buy new warranty if you're a PS+ member then ship it out to have them repair it.

Who cares why he did it. This would have harmed real people. I don't care if he did it because he had a fever dream where Lord Bacon and Eggs told him to do it. Mourn the losses because they are many, but celebrate the victories because they're few.

Well, I was being sarcastic of course. The is an asshole, and is wrong both ways. He shouldn't veto the bill because of economic reasons, he should because its the right thing to do. Sanders wouldn't need companies telling him what to do on that front. I honestly don't know why you all hate him. There is far less anti Hillary stuff on this site than anti sanders. Personally, I would like there to be no making fun of/mocking/in fighting between people who basically agree on policies besides a few things in principle. And LGBT issues isn't one of those issues were we disagree on.

Cruz wants to cut taxes of the donor class massively and the Republican donor class still can't embrace him because he fucking freaks them out.

Mr. Rubio, who praised Mr. Cruz as “the only conservative left in the race” after his exit, has been perhaps the most conspicuous holdout. He is one of the few Republican senators who gets along well with Mr. Cruz, and the two have been in touch since Mr. Rubio withdrew from the race.

But Mr. Rubio is likely to run again for president in 2020 should Republicans lose the White House this year, and, in making scores of thank-you calls to donors in recent days, he has been discouraged by some party financiers from supporting Mr. Cruz, according to a Republican strategist briefed on the calls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/28/u...-but-silence-from-gop-brass-deafens.html?_r=0

How sad is it when you offer to give someone an extra $2M a year (via tax breaks) and they still are so terrified of you that they will actively try to harm you?

Sony releasing a new gaming console just three months after I bought the PS4 :mad:

I hope PS4 games don't run like the PS3 version of MGS5 now.....

That won't happen. Look at it like your graphic options on pc. Games are very scalable based on your configuration. Just instead of thousands they would only need to configure for 2. I don't see the downside for this. It will make me happy to get the new one and have games run and look better than they currently do on PS4.
Not with how the state delegates are distributed. Without Kasich there to split votes in congressional districts Trump wins a lot less delegates. Wisconsin is an easy example as Cruz easily wins the state and most of its delegates without Kasich.

All the evidence says Trump is far more damaging to the Republican party, especially downticket.

You are right I guess. How likely is Trump to win Wisconsin? Is it wta? If he loses WI can he still get to 1237?

So, it finally happened.

Woke up, checked FB, and saw a post from a friend of mine who was asking that if Sanders didn't win, whether Cascadia could secede from the US and have Sanders as their leader. She had quite the comments from our mutual friends suggesting it would be a good idea.

..........siiiiiiiiiigh............<facepalm>

oooof. Cascadia. I always thought that was just a fun fun subculture we share in the NW..but now some people want to really make this happen? Good luck with that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
After his big wins over the weekend, one thing has become abundantly clear: It&#8217;s Time for Hillary Clinton to Concede the Democratic Nomination to Bernie Sanders

How did I know it was Goodman before even reading the byline?

oooof. Cascadia. I always thought that was just a fun fun subculture we share in the NW..but now some people want to really make this happen? Good luck with that.

You get that sort of dumb shit everywhere. Apparently there's a small but annoying push to have upstate NY separate from downstate NY. It flares up every few years when one of those morons gets elected to the assembly, but dies down the second they realize we pay for all their shit.

You are right I guess. How likely is Trump to win Wisconsin? Is it wta? If he loses WI can he still get to 1237?

What polling we have of Wisconsin shows the race tied or Cruz slightly ahead. The state is winner take all by congressional district and Trump needs to do well because he doesn't have much of a margin for error on the path to 1237.

Did you get it at launch? Is the warranty expired yet? You can always buy new warranty if you're a PS+ member then ship it out to have them repair it.

Ya, I did. Not sure if I can still buy the extended or not. I have PS+ but it lapsed a few times. I should check.

Well, I was being sarcastic of course. The is an asshole, and is wrong both ways. He shouldn't veto the bill because of economic reasons, he should because its the right thing to do. Sanders wouldn't need companies telling him what to do on that front. I honestly don't know why you all hate him. There is far less anti Hillary stuff on this site than anti sanders. Personally, I would like there to be no making fun of/mocking/in fighting between people who basically agree on policies besides a few things in principle. And LGBT issues isn't one of those issues were we disagree on.
This has nothing to do with Bernie Sanders. Like, literally nothing at all. Of course the law should have been vetoed on moral grounds. But if the interests of business is what compels him to get the result I want, I don't care.

What polling we have of Wisconsin shows the race tied or Cruz slightly ahead. The state is winner take all by congressional district and Trump needs to do well because he doesn't have much of a margin for error on the path to 1237.

Thanks. Hoping the Cruz sex scandal stuff helps enough to get a Trump win.

noshten

Kasich is so desperate. He's begging everyone to have another debate so he can have his face shown on TV again. All he ever did was CO.plain how noone paid attention to him when he got a question anyway.

I don't necessarily see Kasich voters going for either Cruz or Trump if he drops out, I think most of the people going for Kasich at the moment want a brokered convention rather than a Kasich nomination.

This has nothing to do with Bernie Sanders. Like, literally nothing at all. Of course the law should have been vetoed on moral grounds. But if the interests of business is what compels him to get the result I want, I don't care.

My original post was due to the user taking cheep shots at Sanders. I mean, I get what the user was trying to say, that money in politics can do good things, but it can also do bad things. And most of the money goes to the wrong side.

Friend pondered if Clinton would benefit from winner take all primaries.

If every Dem contest were the same but WTA she'd have over 1700 delegates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom