• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 406

Banned
I just don't see where the Trump is suddenly Lee Atwater reborn level political strategist idea is coming from. It just sounds like the internet echo chamber is getting the best of people and they're drawing parallels where there's nothing but smoke. Maybe I'm wrong and he is a master manipulator, NIMBLE NAVIGATOR and the like, but I just don't see it.

He's not Atwater, he's Wallace. Provoking a reaction isn't brilliant political strategy, it's just standard escalation. All this freaking out over the "consequences" of the latest protest is just knee-jerk cowardice from people who were comfortable playing political fantasy football in their negative peace bubble.

hmmm. gotta reverse the roles, tho.
Ninty joining MS and then taking charge of the xbox division.

feels like it'd most likely be the kind of relationship that would benefit both sides immensely, what with both having something that the other desperately lacks.

I don't think that's the analogy, because the GOP is totally not benefiting from Trump. Maybe if Nintendo took over Xbox, sold the Halo franchise to Sony, then cancelled all projects in favor of new Mario Party games. :p

Apparently Trump decided to get involved in politics after Obama wrecked him at the correspondents dinner as a way to nurse his shattered ego.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/us/politics/donald-trump-campaign.html

So I guess republicans are right in blaming Trump on Obama.

A number of people called this one.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...rotester_us_56e56e96e4b0860f99d94f53?7o5vobt9
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said on Sunday that he is looking into paying the legal fees for a man who sucker-punched a protester at his campaign rally on Wednesday.

“I’ve instructed my people to look into it,” Trump told host Chuck Todd during an appearance on NBC's “Meet the Press.”

John McGraw, 78, was charged with assault after he was shown in multiple videos sucker-punching an African-American protester who was being led out of a Trump campaign rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Instead of arresting McGraw, the authorities on site detained Rakeem Jones, the protester. McGraw, meanwhile, told “Inside Edition” after the event that the next time he saw Jones, “we might have to kill him.”

This man must be nowhere near the White House.

Diablos

How is this not incitement? "Beat on some protesters -- we will pay your legal fees, no worries!" There has to be a legal basis for taking serious action against his campaign.

I wish Hillary and Bernie would focus on that. Every single day. We do not have the time to deal with the pettiness we are seeing between Dems, particularly Sanders. Wrap it the fuck up after Tuesday.

I don't think that's the analogy, because the GOP is totally not benefiting from Trump. Maybe if Nintendo took over Xbox, sold the Halo franchise to Sony, then cancelled all projects in favor of new Mario Party games. :p

You should take the long view breh. Reorientation is coming! Brought to you by Trump Royale. Trump Royale: classy, luxurious apartments in the very heart of Sunny Isles Beach, Florida. Call Now. Will just take a bit longer and might very well not happen at all, but it. is. coming! #believe

I don't understand his the Rahm thing would be effecting her a lot more with Latinos and not the AA population 74-24 is a still a massive margin

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think the average voter ties Hillary and Rahm together honestly. She hasn't even mentioned him in like three months.

Tying Hillary to Rahm is smart IMO but should have been done earlier. He is toxic among black and Hispanic voters for good reason, and Sanders needs to win at least 35-40% to have a chance. thr most effective way to tie them both together would be on honesty and duplicity. Rahm introduced himself as an alleged liberal and made promises to a variety of democrat demographics. Upon winning office he proved to be the corporatist he's always been and has thrown most democrat demographics under the bus to save his job. Sanders' should be arguing Hillary is in the same mold and will do the same.

Th Chicago machine will ensure Clinton wins but if not for that I think Sanders could have had a chance.

NeoXChaos

Tying Hillary to Rahm is smart IMO but should have been done earlier. He is toxic among black and Hispanic voters for good reason, and Sanders needs to win at least 35-40% to have a chance. thr most effective way to tie them both together would be on honesty and duplicity. Rahm introduced himself as an alleged liberal and made promises to a variety of democrat demographics. Upon winning office he proved to be the corporatist he's always been and has thrown most democrat demographics under the bus to save his job. Sanders' should be arguing Hillary is in the same mold and will do the same.

Th Chicago machine will ensure Clinton wins but if not for that I think Sanders could have had a chance.

what do you make of the numbers? Yougov and NBC have wildly different results for IL. I expected OH to be what IL is. Also kindly explain the chicago "machine" for me.

I don't think the average voter ties Hillary and Rahm together honestly. She hasn't even mentioned him in like three months.
Bernie is pounding her on it. She needs to reject him tonight unprompted. No flubbing, no polit-speak. Flat out say he has disappointed many chicagoans. Any mention of rahm reverberates in chicago media market. He's toxic waste.

thcsquad

I live in Chicago, and I don't have a great sense of where people stand. I can tell you that Bernie had a March a couple of weeks ago, and we happened to cross paths with it downtown. I remember telling my wife it was the whitest group of people I've ever seen gathered in Chicago. But that's anecdotal, Chicagoans lawn sign game isn't very strong so honestly it could go either way.

Isn't it weird how trump is acting this crazy right after having his most composed debate? I guess he was planning to be presidential and stuff from here on out but them the protests just launched his crazy meter up to 11

You bet. Hillary was the top name on the ballot, bernie at the very bottom below 4 or 5 joeschmoes running for president. Her delegates were on the left of the ballot against bernie's on the right. Lol

what do you make of the numbers? Yougov and NBC have wildly different results for IL. I expected OH to be what IL is. Also kindly explain the chicago "machine" for me.

A 6-10 point race sounds right to me. Sanders is going to do very outside of urban areas, as he did in Michigan. He has to be hoping for lower than expected black turnout (perhaps due to the Rahm stuff) as well as winning a decent amount of the black vote.

Chicago and surrounding areas are run by democrat power brokers. Everything from candidates' placement on ballots, masses of supporters, protestors, poll closing times, church endorsements, convalescent home support, etc are for sale by those who control the city.

This used to be common in many US cities like Dallas or Detroit in the 50s-70s but no one today still does it like Chicago.

But that's anecdotal, Chicagoans lawn sign game isn't very strong so honestly it could go either way.

I've seen exactly one yard sign for a presidential candidate in my neighborhood (on the North Side). It was for Sanders. I'm pretty sure I've seen more yard signs for Metropolitan Water Reclamation District candidates. I've definitely seen more signs for candidates in judicial races.

thcsquad

I've seen exactly one yard sign for a presidential candidate in my neighborhood (on the North Side). It was for Sanders. I'm pretty sure I've seen more yard signs for Metropolitan Water Reclamation District candidates. I've definitely seen more signs for candidates in judicial races.

The Kim foxx/Anita Alvarez primary has more visibility, I think. More endorsements going around, and its seen as something that more directly affects us.

Brinbe

Meh, if anything, these help with setting proper expectations for Tuesday. Can probably count on FL going for Clinton and not much else at this point.

Holmes

Can Clinton just run an ad of Sanders praising Castro and other dictators and saying we can't trust him? Fair game after his Rahm bullshit.

Wilsongt

Is anyone else shocked how little a role Roe v. Wade has played in the election so far, outside of Carly Fiorina scaring children and a couple of questions during debates it's been quiet. Maybe I've just missed it in between the penis jokes or something.

A lot of the damage is being done behind the scenes, though there have some some small victories here and there. Besides, not a lot the GOP can really do when Texas of all places cleared PP and instead indicted the idiots who made the videos.

pigeon

Banned
I can't imagine how the GOP will have the guts to steal the nomination from Trump at the convention... People will die, lots of people.

I think a third-party candidacy or just endorsing Hillary will be much more likely.

Like I said, I'm looking forward to the Fox News endorsement of Hillary Clinton. It's gonna be a fun Youtube video.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
so ready for Tuesday, this process needs to be over

On the democratic side, I mean, it basically is. It will be nice to see it literally over though since it's just a bunch of mudslinging at this point.

I don't even know what's happening on the R side. Chaos.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
On the democratic side, I mean, it basically is. It will be nice to see it literally over though since it's just a bunch of mudslinging at this point.

I don't even know what's happening on the R side. Chaos.

I think there is a better then even chance Trump will outperform his polling numbers thanks to the rally bullshit. In the general election, it will probably be best if protesters protest outside the rallies instead of inside, or protest inside in such a way that does not directly disrupt the proceedings. They can't be the ones who start the fighting. Although, I don't think it would give Trump that much extra support, I think it would be a net positive for him if protesters continue the same tactics.

If Trump outperforms his polling, it's going to be next to impossible without commuting party seppuku to not nominate him.

This article at the New York Times resonated with me: http://nyti.ms/1TWoet3

Deny Trump the nomination for the good of the party and the country. The short term electoral punishment will be worth it in the long run.

IMO, I find the long Primary process pointless because it could all be made way shorter with just a brokered convention forgoing the primary process all together

you got Governors and Senators who put their real job on hold and spend a year campaigning in a primary for what?

and yeah, it is true, the party does decide

if that is the case, then just scrap the entire Primary process and select leaders like they do in other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom