• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is in the Sanders' tax returns!? There has to be something unseemly in them. Probably that he's worth more than he's said, or maybe he has some investments with some of the big, evil too big to fail banks or something.

There has to be some reason they haven't released them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Seriously when you work with lots of white people and live with lots of white people who constantly shit on Deblasio for making the city LESS SAFE and flooding with homeless people when every statistic says exactly the opposite, it just grates on you to see people take whatever opportunity they can to shit on him despite all the good he does for lower income residents both white and black and other in this city.

Seeing him attacked from the left is nauseating. Ask for an apology, but pretending he is a racist is really eating your own.

This gets my goat. By all metrics he's a good mayor and yet he's endlessly shit on by everyone. We're a city that never knows how good we have it.

ampere

Didn't somebody here pick Kasich in the game?

He's actually plausible... I mean think about it, he's the least polarizing GOP candidate, and totally boring. He probably won't have a negative effect on downticket races

It would piss off all the Trump and Cruz voters, but I think a lot of Cruz voters are just "anti-Trump" voters, so... I have no idea.

It seems pretty hard to predict what will happen at the RNC

User 406

Banned
OUrXSHG.png

Manky use this as your avatar.

large.gif

Holmes

adam I avatar bet you to tell me how awesome I am, and if you do it then you can use an avatar that displays my awesomeness.

adam I avatar bet you to tell me how awesome I am, and if you do it then you can use an avatar that displays my awesomeness.

But see, if I say you're awesome now it looks like I'm just a Yes man saying anything to get attention.

If I say you're not awesome, I'd be a liar and look like a dick.

I'm torn.

You're awesome.

royalan

Rule #637373 don't dismiss people that aren't voting for you as them wanting "something new and different"

https://twitter.com/abcliz/status/719687310657372160

I don't even think that's the bad part. That IS what a lot of people are saying about why they're voting for him (and Trump), that he represents "change."

It's the "wants free college" part that's bad. It's just another take on the Republican "liberals just want free stuff" attack line, and she should really know better than to even imply that.

I don't even think that's the bad part. That IS what a lot of people are saying about why they're voting for him (and Trump), that he represents "change."

It's the "wants free college" part that's bad. It's just another take on the Republican line "liberals just want free stuff" attack line, and she should really know better than to even imply that.
She's implying the only reason young women aren't voting for her is that Bernie is "new and different" and not that they like his policies better. It's stupid and bad.

It's bad when Bernie does it with southern people and it's bad when she does it about young people.

Hindl

If I have to, and it has a fuck ton of Oreos. But, anything with a fuckton of Oreos is good. So...maybe?

See, I don't like creamcheese. Except in crab rangoon. So...maybe?

Alright, well if you don't like cream cheese that's understandable then

Holmes

"Why do x voters hate you?" is always a crappy question to ask and it always elicits bad answers. If you were to ask "why do black people hate you?" to a Republican candidate or "why do white men hate you?" to a Democratic candidate you'd get pretty bad answers.

I'd say the reason younger women are going for Bernie is that they came of age in a time when jobs for young people were scarce because unregulated and unsafe banking practices had wrecked the economy, and Bernie is both nailing the banks for their BS and promising free college so that future generations of young people don't have the same ridiculous load of student debt that young people now are staring down. It's really not that hard to figure out.

royalan

She's implying the only reason young women aren't voting for her is that Bernie is "new and different" and not that they like his policies better. It's stupid and bad.

It's bad when Bernie does it with southern people and it's bad when she does it about young people.

I think Hillary was referencing his policies with "new and different and revolutionary". I mean, how else would she describe them? She's not going to go down line by line on which policies they prefer, if that's something she even knows.

pigeon

Banned
"Why do x voters hate you?" is always a crappy question to ask and it always elicits bad answers. If you were to ask "why do black people hate you?" to a Republican candidate or "why do white men hate you?" to a Democratic candidate you'd get pretty bad answers.

I'm pretty sure the right answer is "man, if I knew I would be winning them."

I think Hillary was referencing his policies with "new and different and revolutionary". I mean, how else would she describe them? She's not going to go down line by line on which policies they prefer, if that's something she even knows.

That's not how it looks to me. It reads to me like "Bernie is new and different therefore I'm going to vote for him" (and not because of his policies)

The correct answer is "I know there's a lot of young people struggling, especially young women and we need to work on fixing these issues. I just happen to think my plans are better and I hope they will look up my policies that will bring the change they're looking for."

Boom. Easy. Not condescending.

Trancos

What is in the Sanders' tax returns!? There has to be something unseemly in them. Probably that he's worth more than he's said, or maybe he has some investments with some of the big, evil too big to fail banks or something.

There has to be some reason they haven't released them.

You know what I think. I think there is something incredibly small, stupidly irrelevant, no-news blemish that somewhat contradicted this whole 'Bernie is never wrong, he's never been wrong in his whole life' and that bothered him too much.

I think there is nothing there at all, but he mismanaged the whole thing. he should have done this ages ago and it will have been no news at all.

Now this has become something bigger just because of the expectations game, he's afraid that any small things will be blown up to the stratosphere. I think he may just never release them, he knows he already lost so he doesn't need to release them, he can just hold until the end and then forget about it.

royalan

That's not how it looks to me. It reads to me like "Bernie is new and different therefore I'm going to vote for him" (and not because of his policies)

The correct answer is "I know there's a lot of young people struggling, especially young women and we need to work on fixing these issues. I just happen to think my plans are better and I hope they will look up my policies that will bring the change they're looking for."

Boom. Easy. Not condescending.

LOL - that's definitely a better answer than she gave. Yeesh, Hillary.

I need this campaign to hold it together this week. Been a rough few days.

ampere

I'd say the reason younger women are going for Bernie is that they came of age in a time when jobs for young people were scarce because unregulated and unsafe banking practices had wrecked the economy, and Bernie is both nailing the banks for their BS and promising free college so that future generations of young people don't have the same ridiculous load of student debt that young people now are staring down. It's really not that hard to figure out.

But Bernie's plans are pretty full of holes, so are these voters idealistic or uniformed?

I'm pretty sure the right answer is "man, if I knew I would be winning them."

Indeed, lol.

noshten

You know what I think. I think there is something incredibly small, stupidly irrelevant, no-news blemish but that contradicted this whole 'Bernie is never wrong, he's never been wrong in his whole life' and that bothered him too much.

I think there is nothing there at all, but he mismanaged the whole thing. he should have done this ages ago and it will have been no news at all.

Now this has become something bigger just because of the expectations game, he's afraid that any small things will be blown up to the stratosphere. I think he maybe just never release them, he know he already lost so he doesn't need to release them, he can just hold until the end and then forget about it.

I'm sure he will release them right after he wins NY, he might even present them during his victory speech, while he asks for the transcripts and drops the mic.
So if you want to see those tasty tax returns better watch out for that Bernie win in NY

I do think it's obvious that she's frustrated to be losing young people, especially young women.

Now I don't know what she could do to suddenly win them (I think it's a lost cause in the primary) but I do know insulting them (intentionally or not) is not how you fix it.

I'm sure he will release them right after he wins NY, he might even present them during his victory speech, while he asks for the transcripts and drops the mic.
So if you want to see those tasty tax returns better watch out for that Bernie win in NY

Ha.

Nice try. Bernie doesn't give victory speeches. He gives his stump speech, the same one he's given since nineteen hundred and sixty four.

The Flop

Banned
So lets be real...

Did anyone expect Hilldawg to have a challenger like Bernie (A legit one at this point),

Also who could of thought that the GOP party would implode when Trump took the front runner status.

SNL stays winning.

royalan

So lets be real...

Did anyone expect Hilldawg to have a challenger like Bernie (A legit one at this point),

Also who could of thought that the GOP party would implode when Trump took the front runner status.

SNL stays winning.

Thing is Bernie's not really a legit challenger. His path to the nomination is all but mathematically impossible at this point. And really, short of his surprising win in Michigan, this race has largely played out as people have expected. He's getting trounced. He was always getting trounced. Him not outright winning Iowa was the first red flag.

The only reason he's still in the race is his fund raising ability, but that does not a challenger make.

But Bernie's plans are pretty full of holes, so are these voters idealistic or uniformed?

Indeed, lol.

I'd say the average person knows and cares very little about the specifics of policy, young people doubly so because they are divorced, usually, from the on-the-ground realities of implementing them. Bernie's plans are full of holes, but the fact that he's basically right on some of the big problems that politicians spend so much time mincing around goes a long way toward making him seem like a viable alternative to the shitty status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom