• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkus

Et tu!?

Mess.

He thought Hillary's name was Hilda. And she should be President because she is nice. And also because her dad was President. We tried to tell him that Bill was her husband, but he disagrees.The kid also thinks the best Ninja Turtle is Leonardo, so there's no arguing with him.
Umm he is the best. Michelangelo is a lazy idiot, Donatello is a stiff nerd, and Raphael is an asshole.

Paul Ryan showing off how diverse his interns are.

All hired straight from their entries in Romney's famous binder. It really was full!

On a side note, I swear, it's PoliGAF's favorite past-time to take random pictures of crowds and exclaim "wow, look at all the white people." I bet if I took a picture of PoliGAF members in the same room I could say the same thing!

itschris

Scott Walker previews his Wednesday RNC speech:

GJYqGwv.jpg

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/754764977760825345

Okay, I actually made a typo, and meant to say "the only reason we are even talking about it right now."

Even then, Orlando is still a major driver in the current gun control conversation.

There seems to be a pattern where you force yourself to look at an issue through a keyhole. I think you would make stronger arguments if you broadened your scope.

So I think we're agreeing on the direction of action but I do want to say, like, I don't actually agree that perfectly stable people turn into active shooters, I think that's kind of my point.

Almost all the mass shooters we've seen have not been very stable. They've had unstable jobs, unstable relationships, unstable housing, etc. Because they aren't stable people because of their serious personality issues, and that's the whole problem. There aren't any happily married fathers of three with two-story houses going out and shooting thirty people. In general the reaction from those around them is basically "yeah, that guy was dangerous." Often their family has specifically been trying to control their access to other people or dangerous items because they know the risk is there.

The majority of people will never, even if they lose their job and house and family, turn into mass shooters. That's why it's so important to focus on the people who might, because they are actually distinguishable and identifiable well before they hit the point of action.

I think this is a language thing. I'm not using "stable" in the sense of "opposite of unchanging." I mean that not every shooter would be diagnosed with something wrong by straight-up doctors. Like, even if mandatory psych evals were required, I still think a lot of shootings still happen. When I was talking pet peeves, I meant that as a nation we've decided that mentally ill people are evil and evil people are mentally ill. It's a tautology.

Like the following example...

but how do you start this?

not to start a personal story too long but i have a family member who posts racist and inflammatory stuff all the time on facebook, gets very angry in discussions, is obsessed with guns, has OCD, can't hold a steady job, dropped out of college due to stress, etc and my wife and I agree that we wouldn't' be surprised if when something bad happened in his life that he could be one of these stories... how do you approach that situation? The parents aren't too helpful and help enable him, but i dont think its my place to push the topic.

...I don't think this person would set off any legitimate protocols. This person isn't crazy, but they are somehow still a person that we don't want to have guns. What's the criteria here? I'm honestly not sure.

All hired straight from their entries in Romney's famous binder. It really was full!

On a side note, I swear, it's PoliGAF's favorite past-time to take random pictures of crowds and exclaim "wow, look at all the white people." I bet if I took a picture of PoliGAF members in the same room I could say the same thing!

Let's not do this nonsense. I can think of quite a diverse range of posters in these threads across a lot of demographics. If this is you being your nonsense character, I'll move along, but it's getting pretty tiring to distinguish your intentionally bad posts from your legitimate ones.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I thought Walker was really anti-Trump. It seems like they all can't wait to fold in on themselves for him. Walker isn't smart enough to do otherwise I guess.

On a side note, I swear, it's PoliGAF's favorite past-time to take random pictures of crowds and exclaim "wow, look at all the white people." I bet if I took a picture of PoliGAF members in the same room I could say the same thing
!

IDK about poligaf but gaf in general is diverse as shit.

Go to a meet up.

Scott Walker previews his Wednesday RNC speech:

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/754764977760825345

A close read of this gives the picture of frightened Republicans. Walker specifically says "A vote for anyone other than Trump" which is a call against the (probably larger than we thought, according to internals) group of GOP voters who're going to ditch the ticket this year for the Libertarians or Constitution Party.

"New Freedom Group" is such a lame name for an anti-government group.

It feels like a computer would have generated that name first.

Also, let's stop shooting people, former marines.

Wilsongt

People are saying the war on cops needs to stop... It shows how tonedef people are to what is happening in this country... =/

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
President Obama just had a news conference, but he doesn't have a clue. Our country is a divided crime scene, and it will only get worse!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 16m16 minutes ago
Our country is totally divided and our enemies are watching. We are not looking good, we are not looking smart, we are not looking tough!

Wilsongt

The irony in this statement is so thick you need a high powered lazer just to breech the surface.

You can play with that "Make America..." Line is so many ways.

"Make America a slave nation again."

"Make American white again."

"Make America 1950s again."

"Make America poor again."

"Make America hated again."

"Make America orange again."

"Make America pure again."

"Make America sexually repressed again."

"Make America live in an Orwellian future."

"Make America read Ayn Rand."

Wilsongt

God. I wish someone would go and put the "America first" bullshit on blast. Just shout out about how nonsensicle that movement was

shem935

Banned
Kerry Woolard, head of Trump's winery in Virginia, is a headliner over Cruz or Christie?

Edit: I guess that's on the Make America work again theme night. I'm sure a high class winery exec is what will fire up those industrial workers trump, you nailed it. Wonder how many plugs for Trumps businesses we will get.

Crisco

Banned
The thing is that we're not really that polarized or divided on the actual issues. If you take politics out of it and just ask people how they feel about most major policy, you'll find the majority of Americans agree. Most want universal healthcare, stricter gun control, higher tax rates for the rich, less foreign intervention, etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom