• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruco

Banned
Bill. How are you so good at this.

I thought he was too close to Hills to get a 2012 tier speech.

Bill I will never doubt you again

Slacker

Man, I thought Michelle made Melania's speech look like shit, but man. Now it really looks pathetic. This is how you make the case for your spouse.

Excellent Speech. The first 3/4 effectively humanized Hilary and reminded people what she he fought for her whole life.

But that final 1/4 of the speech was just like a freight train that could not be stopped. Without mentioning Trump once or the GOP directly, he demolished them and elevated his wife.

Awesome.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Excellent Speech. The first 3/4 effectively humanized Hilary and reminded people what she he fought for her whole life.

But that final 1/4 of the speech was just like a freight train that could not be stopped. Without mentioning Trump once or the GOP directly, he demolished them and elevated his wife.

Awesome.

I didn't think anyone could nail it as thoroughly as he did, but Bill managed to do it. He managed to beat expectations, again.

Very well written speech.

Apparently a fair bit of it near the end was off-script. Bill just freestyled on national TV.

TheFatOne

Awesome.

Just a masterclass. Everything in the beginning set up the bombs in the last part of the speech. All about the slow build up, and then bam.

FJ2iqvJ.png

Will never be this good at public speaking...

Honestly an incredible speech. That was so so so good.

For the past 2 days (and probably all week), I keep thinking about that Rubio staffer who tweeted that comment about how he was jealous that the other party is still running on hope and faith in the United States. As a party, we stand to say that this insane experiment in diversity and freedom is going to work. Never look back and never quit on it.

Damn, I'm jamming to Fight Song too.

MSNBC is shitting all over the speech.

Did we watch the same thing? Da fuck.

Yeah they're whining Bill made it about him. What the hell were they listening to?

No one will ever be that good at public speaking, except Obama. Bill might have him on the freestyle ability though.

On delivery of a scripted speech Obama's highs are higher than Bills, but off the cuff Bill is a master.

No one will ever be that good at public speaking, except Obama. Bill might have him on the freestyle ability though.

Supposedly the whole last few minutes was off prompter.

As I said to my girlfriend last night. Obama is the most amazing speech giver than inspires you and wants to make you follow him.

Bill, on the other hand, talks to you in a way that leaves you eating out of his palm.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Well I don't agree with Rachel that the first half was, I guess, not feminist, but I don't know why it had to be. It was some guy's love story with his wife. Maybe too coy? Maybe. But it looped around perfectly.

Steve Schmidt continues to be a moron.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

As I said to my girlfriend last night. Obama is the most amazing speech giver than inspires you and wants to make you follow him.

Bill, on the other hand, talks to you in a way that leaves you eating out of his palm.

That's my point. Obama got him beat in raw ability, but Bill's got them freestyle skills.

Agreed on what you said to your girl though.

Slacker

Well I don't agree with Rachel that the first half was, I guess, not feminist, but I don't know why it had to be. It was some guy's love story with his wife. Maybe too coy? Maybe. But it looped around perfectly.

Steve Schmidt continues to be a moron.

Yeah I think that's the first time I've disagreed with Rachel on something and I couldn't agree more. I feel like you have to be looking for something to be offended by that. Not looking forward to seeing "Liberal Rachel Maddow shocked everyone by saying THIS about Bill's speech" clickbait articles on Facebook tomorrow.

Also, someone tell Steve to pronounce the T in Clinton. It's not Clin'on.

Bill can make you give him $20. But Obama is gonna make you empty your bank account to the church.

gcubed

So I'm on DVR and I don't get the complaints im reading.

He says a sentence about him trying to get her to marry him, then talks for 10 minutes about her. One more sentence about him with her, then 10 minutes about her.

To anyone who says Bill should have mentioned the affairs and stuff, I think that would have potential to be a disaster.

For one, it would be all anyone would talk about regarding the speech which would have been really stupid.

For another, he would have to do it in such a way that doesn't make either of them come off horribly..even for Slick Willy that's difficult.

And finally, it would have been selfish. The speech is supposed to be about her. Of course, Bill is a part of it because he's the husband, but there's no reason to discuss something that doesn't elevate her or relate directly to her and the country and the people she wants to help.

Just my 2 cents.

Teggy

This guy is a fucking idiot

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/terry-mcauliffe-hillary-clinton-tpp-trade-226253

Clinton friend McAuliffe says Clinton will flip on TPP, then walks it back
Terry McAuliffe tells POLITICO the Democratic nominee will support a deal with tweaks that Sanders' supporters hate. But the Clinton campaign calls the comments 'flat wrong.'

Yup, this all the GOP will be talking about. It will be mostly an annoyance, but was totally unnecessary.

To anyone who says Bill should have mentioned the affairs and stuff, I think that would have potential to be a disaster.

For one, it would be all anyone would talk about regarding the speech which would have been really stupid.

For another, he would have to do it in such a way that doesn't make either of them come off horribly..even for Slick Willy that's difficult.

And finally, it would have been selfish. The speech is supposed to be about her. Of course, Bill is a part of it because he's the husband, but there's no reason to discuss something that doesn't elevate her or relate directly to her and the country and the people she wants to help.

Just my 2 cents.

He really did. At the beginning when he talked about the heartbreak and looked very introspective, I think everyone knew what he meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom